All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
yeah.... new
      #139396 - 01/17/05 02:39 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

what size would you go? See I'm thinking about after I have all the kids I'm going to have....(I think this will be the last one) then I might get implants. Pregnancy and nursing do a number on the breasts So I think I would go for a C I'm pretty small framed and I'm 5ft 5in normal aroud 110-115 lbs. So I think I would only go to a C I hate when women get implants that don't go with their body frame!!!!

Anyhow, good luck and I hope the appt goes well! Have you done your research on the Doc you picked???

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: yeah.... new
      #139406 - 01/17/05 03:32 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Steph you sound like me and my sister - she has huge DDs, and I have Bs...I want Cs, but like you I'm going to wait until after I have kids....but then again I'll probalby never get the guts to do it, and since I don't have pain or anything from my boobs, I'll probably just skip it and deal with what I have

My sister has ALWAYS wanted reduction, and we always talk about her saving it and giving it to me and my mom. It'd be cool if you could get a discount for that! lol.

--------------------
~Cara~

I want one too!! new
      #139424 - 01/17/05 04:59 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Kimm,
Sounds like we're in the same boat, I would really like to get my breasts reduced as I am also having problems with my back and stuff and MAN do they get in the way when you wanna run or something! I am 5'4 and have a 30" ribecage, so the smaller your ribcage the bigger your cup size which makes me... a G!! So I was all ready to get a consultation, but I saw this program on TV in England called, "My Boobs Are Too Big". It showed 3 different women getting the reduction surgery. One woman was HUGE and she had all kinds of complications and even after a month she couldn't lift her arms! But then the two other women had it done, and they were both really happy about it... Even the woman with the complications was happy that she had it done 'cause she had SOOO many problems with her back.
Anywho, then I talked to my friend and she is a nursing student and 2 of the women in her class just had it done and they are both ECSTATIC!
The scars can be quite bad, especially if you get quite a large reduction.. Like, there is usually one all the way around your nipple, 2 diagonally from your nipple down to the underside of your breast and then the semi-circle scar underneath your breast. If they have to reposition your nipple, you have a 50% of losing sensation and not being able to breast feed.. but they don't always have to reposition or resize them, so the doctor would be able to tell you that.
I have ALSO heard now that they are doing something now where if you are able to only get fat tissue removed, you can have a type of lipsuction that is much less invasive and with less complications.. but then, you have to take in all the liposuction side effects that may happen.. I don't know a lot about that one yet.
I went to my GP when I got back to Canada and mentioned how much trouble my boobs are giving me and she basically told me I wasn't _allowed_ to get a reduction! I may go to another GP to try and get a consult, but I have sort of talked myself out of it for the time being.
I have never met anyone, though, who has been unsatisfied with the results after getting them reduced.
Good luck at your consult.. let me know what the doc says, if you don't mind, since it always on the back of my mind now.
Thanks and good luck!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: I want one too!! new
      #139433 - 01/17/05 06:20 PM
Kimm

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thanks Steph!! Your GP said you're not aloud to have one?? Why?? If it's bothering you enough I'd go to another GP for a referral.

Yah I've heard nothing but good things about breast reductions as far as it being worth it!! I'm really nervous but very excited...I'll definately let you know how it goes!

Re: my sister would love to get it done too! new
      #139434 - 01/17/05 06:21 PM
Kimm

well I'm a D right now and I'd like to go down to a big B or small C

Re: yeah.... new
      #139436 - 01/17/05 06:22 PM
Kimm

Yes apparently he's one of the top surgeons in the province so I'm not worried about that!! It makes me feel a little better and I'm sure after I meet him and talk to him I'll feel even better about it.

not yet... new
      #139476 - 01/18/05 03:27 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

buts its on my list of things to do... once i got my other health issues under better control.. a friend did it last Dec with amazing luck and results..... I'm 5' even with DD cup size and only weight 125, so I'm up there with ya! my sister wants it but wants to wait till after she has kids because in our family they grow with babies and don't go back down (and mine grew with miscarriages)... she's a 36-38G and mom is even bigger.. but has argued against the surgery everytime someone suggests it to her... I think she should go for it with her bone problems.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Steph- new
      #139506 - 01/18/05 07:52 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

my doc said the same- my insurance won't cover it unless they take a HUGE amount per side adn even with my large cup size due to the small bandsize (34) they aren't big enough) and physical therapy helped breifly- if it helps at all wiht reducing pain they won't approve the surgery. ah well.. I wasn't ready for the leave from work yet anyway.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: my sister would love to get it done too! new
      #139509 - 01/18/05 08:32 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ya, that sounds good. Good luck. You'll have to post a 'before' and an 'after' wearing a tank top of somehting.

Sounds like it will really help you a lot.

Re: Breast Reduction new
      #139963 - 01/19/05 12:12 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

When do you think you'd get this done?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 460 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 53750

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review