All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
Re: Kimm new
      #140428 - 01/20/05 02:14 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I hear ya sister! I HATE puking!! Yes, they can give you something BEFORE. When I had my gallbladder out a few years back, I didn't say anything and throw up in recovery at the hospital and at home! ICK! I have been put "under" twice this year and both times I had them give me something before. For most surgeries, you are in a pre-op room where they start the iv and stuff. Right then, I get the anti-nausea stuff and a sedative. I do NOT want to see all the surgical equipment so I have them mellow me right out before even taking me into the actual operating room!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nelly, me again (Warning---not for those with a weak stomach!) new
      #140438 - 01/20/05 02:57 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Thanks for the graphic details and warnings!!!! No one else is going to give me the real deal about the surgery, and I NEED all the facts! I've broken my nose a few times, so I know about throbbing bloody nose pain, but nothing of this magnitude. It sounds like the reminants of a 10 day coke bender, plus a couple broken noses, plus a persistant bloody nose that won't heal, plus that late winter nasal itchiness that doesn't go away and plagues you deep in the middle of the night...! ALL PUT TOGETHER!! Oh yeah, AND they charge YOU for it.

Just give it to me straight, cos it's what I need!!

~nelly~

Nelly, you crack me up! new
      #140477 - 01/20/05 05:13 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

That was exactly my thought after the surgery ----"I actually paid someone to do this to me?"

I hope I wasn't too graphic, but I would never want you coming back to me later--- saying that I didn't warn you about how bad it was.

Not ridiculous! new
      #140486 - 01/20/05 06:05 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I have the same fear of puking - it's actually a phobia!! Did you know that?? It scares me to death...if I even feel the TINIEST bit nausous, I freak out, which makes it worse....but you are not alone on that!
I have never felt sick from waking up, and I've been put out 3 times now. I really think you'll be fine!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Breast Reduction new
      #140495 - 01/20/05 07:14 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I used to think there was no way in the world I would even think about it (unless it was for good reason like you have). But since getting so skinny I have no boobs at all. In a one piece swimsuit I make the walls jealous of my flatness! Lately I've been dreaming (dreaming cause I have no money) about getting my boobs done, not huge, just back to my usual b cup. I was quite happy with them before. It's the pain that scares me though. Don't stress about the anasthetic. I've had too many to count and never once thrown up! First up you just feel drowsy then off to sleep you go! You do feel really cold when you first wake up though which is awful but doesnt' last long. Keep us posted on what you decide and good luck

--------------------
Amy

Re: Not ridiculous! new
      #140501 - 01/20/05 07:22 PM

Unregistered

You have no idea how great it is to hear that people can be put out for things and not get sick. My older brother had his wisdom teeth out a few months ago and was throwing up and then I just all scared about the possibility that I'd have to go through that.

Kimm and Cara, you are so not alone on the fear of throwing up. Puking (or as I like to call it, the "P word" because the real world is enough to turn my stomach) but I definitely have the full on fear too. My mom didn't believe me at first when I told her that it's a legitimate fear. It makes me worried to have kids and go through morning sickness. I flip out with the tiniest bit of feeling sick. And forget it, if someone I've been around throws up I go nuts. I remember talking about this with several people on here awhile ago. I know Dalia deals with this too.

I think the good news is though Kimm, that they can definitely help you out and comfort your fears by knowing how this bothers you and I'm sure they'd figure out a way to avoid it.

You know what I notice I do too - with all those pill commercials on TV these days, I always listen at the end for side effects and as soon as I hear nausea or vomitting I know it's nothing I could take no matter whether I'd ever need it or not.

This fear can really mess with your head

Re: Breast Reduction new
      #140543 - 01/20/05 09:41 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

My aunt just had one this past year, and she is happy with it, but it has taken a LONG time to heal, I think it has been about 3 months and she still has bruising and pain. Her boobs were HUGE and saggy and hurting her back, so she would probably say it was worth it.

--------------------
~Angela

Bittany new
      #140580 - 01/21/05 06:20 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yah I worry about morning sickness too!! lol and I'm nowhere close to having kids!!

Well it makes me feel better knowing that there is stuff they can give me to prevent the throwing up....cuz that was a HUGE worry for me. The pain of the surgery I can deal with....but the throwing up....I don't think so.

I just kept having all these images in my head of waking up from the surgery and everyone's gathered around me asking how I feel and all I can think is "I have to puke"....it's really a scary thought for me.

Thanks for making me feel better!! I'll ask the surgeon when I go for my consultation what he can give me to prevent the nausea.

Nelly! (about noses) new
      #140628 - 01/21/05 09:13 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Are yuou sure that you are not being too hard on yourself? I am one to accept flaws in others, but trust me, I do atleast notice them ! I did not notice that you had a big nose one bit! Not saying that you don't, cause I can't entirely remember, but I can assure you that it is not that noticeable to others. I didn't stop and think about it once. You did seem shorter than I thought you to be, I think that is because I am relatively tall myself, so in comparison we were not that far off, but there are girls I know that are your height that look taller, if that makes any sense.
I actually grew up with a BIG insecurity about my nose, I have a longish thin face, with the long nose. I don't htink it looks too bad now, but I wouldn't mind a nicer one, I too don't like my profile. BUT, I don't think mine is that bad to justify spending that money.
Oh boy was I teased in school when I was younger! But, I did grow into it, so it is not something I am upset about now. Oh boy did I think I was gonna be an ugly duckling forever back then... big nose that overwhelmed face, braces, glasses, tooo skinny, taller than everyone else, no boobs, the list goes on. I still have esteem issues, but I think I matured quite well into a fairly attractive looking woman.

--------------------
-Sheri

guys and small noses (Chris's nose) new
      #140632 - 01/21/05 09:27 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

That is true SS! I am not trying to offend any men with small noses, who knows, there may be some that still look masculine. But, I identify small noses on men with perfect, girly, metrosexual, boy-band Justin Timberlake type guys, and that is not my thing.
I like guys that are manly! They don't need to be big and macho though, just not "dainty".
And Nelly and Dalia can testify to this, my BF Chris has a BIG honkin' nose! We all used to tease him about it, but his friends and I have grown up and let it go. It looks good on him, so I don't mind. I even give him kisses on his nose when I am being affectionate and he loves it!

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 645 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 53753

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review