All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Went to the Doc today! ( Baby making thread!)
      #138163 - 01/13/05 05:24 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

So I went in for my 12 week check up. For those of you who don't know I'm pregnant. Anyway's, it went good! We couldn't hear the heartbeat, so he did an ultrasound!! We saw little baby doing great! So we saw the heartbeat and the arm and legs! Very cute! Baby was moving around! My Dr. said my placenta was in the way so that's why he couldn't pick up the heartbeat! I was happy to have an ultrasound. It was fun seeing the baby.

So I go back in another 4 wks! I'm still feeling yucky! I get the sickest at night! It's no fun. I have to eat all the time and if I don't I get really nauseated and start to shake!

Well I just wanted to update you with that! I wonder where Jules and how her pregnancy is going!

Take care everyone!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Went to the Doc today! ( Baby making thread!) new
      #138175 - 01/13/05 06:21 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

I'm glad everything's going well for you, Steph. It's so exciting when you get to see your baby for the first time in a sono. It's always a big relief, too.

My goodness, I hope that you're soon past the sickness part of your pregnancy.
Take care, sweetie,
and please keep posting updates on how you're doing.
Terri

p.s. 12 weeks already??? it's going so fast.

#138182 - 01/13/05 07:12 PM

Unregistered

Glad to hear everything is going so well Steph! You all must be so excited. I hope you get through the rest of the sickness part really soon so you can just start really enjoying being pregnant. Definitely keep us updated!

#138184 - 01/13/05 07:19 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

That's great Steph. You deserve to have an uplifting, life is good day after the past few days! Nice to hear you're smiling again!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Great News! Hope the ms goes away!-nt new
      #138260 - 01/14/05 05:53 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

How wonderfull!!! new
      #138266 - 01/14/05 06:03 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am so happy for you!!! We want big tummy pics when you start to show!!!
Hugs

--------------------
Heather7476

Great news! I am happy for you! I hope you are feeling better soon! new
      #138268 - 01/14/05 06:05 AM
XXXXX

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

#138270 - 01/14/05 06:09 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hey Steph,
Im so happy for you, I hope when the sickness wears off you have a really good pregnancy and enjoy it while it lasts! Im so glad evrythings alright with the baby....I can't imagine how excited you must be.....take care of yourself xx

--------------------
Natalie

#138274 - 01/14/05 06:21 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Too bad you're feeling icky still though. Is there something the doc can give you for that? I've heard of all sorts of meds that are pregnancy safe that help with the nausea (although I probably don't have to tell you this cuz it's not your first baby right?)....good luck and keep us posted!!

#138283 - 01/14/05 06:35 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Steph! I'm so glad you got to see the baby. Probably makes you feel so much better after not hearing the heartbeat. I think for one of my pregnancies it was really late in the pregnancy till they heard the heartbeat. They kept telling me that because I was so thin that it had something to do with that. Makes no sense but anyway, both of my pregnancies were fine!
I too had "nightime" sickness. I fortunately never threw up so I feel for you.
Are you finding out the sex of the baby? You have a boy and a girl right? So basically a boy or girl would be fine And of course the most important is that it's healthy!
Feel better soon!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#138286 - 01/14/05 06:49 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

That's wondeful Steph!! I'm glad you had something uplifting happen! You needed that I'm sure. I'm so excited for you, and very jealous too!
Can't wait to see pics of the new baby in 6 months or so!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Wonderful News!!! new
      #138292 - 01/14/05 06:57 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm so happy for you! I bet you must have be scared at first when they couldn't hear the heartbeat! I would have been freaking out!! It must have been so neat to be able to see little baby in there! Too early to tell the sex yet though, isn't it?

Well, it seems the ms should start easing up now! Hang in there!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#138299 - 01/14/05 07:13 AM
FEMBETH

Reged: 09/20/04

that is great that you are doing so well. Hopefully your morning or night sickness will leave soon. Just a little tip. I have 4 yr old twins and had morning sickness very bad but what helped me was the wristbands that are used for car sickness they are worn on a your wrists and are on a pressure point to relieve nausia. It worked wonders for me I looked silly but that was ok with me. I also chewed lots of gum. I know this might cause gas but since I could not eat much I made me feel like I was eating something. Good luck.

Wow, lots of replys!!! new
      #138335 - 01/14/05 08:28 AM
StephS

Ok, I'm so excited you all had something sweet to say!!! I'll answer all questions will one post!!!

I wasn't scared when they couldn't get the heartbeat!! Because my Doc said it sometimes takes a while and that it could be to early!!! And I knew I would get an ultrasound if he couldn't pick it up....ALSO I've been so sick that I knew baby was in there and doing fine!!! With the one miscarrage I did have the morning sickness just left and I felt normal. I have MANY symptoms!!! So I was ok, actually I wanted the ultrasound....so I'm glad we couldn't pick it up. I was so happy to see my cute little baby! It was amazing how much change too place in 4 wks. The last pic they gave me the baby was as small as a grain of rice. And this time it was a good sized baby. My kids were so excited to see the pic. On the pic the baby has it's had over its face.

As for finding out what the sex of the baby is....NO WAY!!! I can't wait for that delivery room surprise!! Besides that it's driving my oldest sister nuts I do have a boy and a girl so either way I'm covered with clothes and what not!!! I did find out with them...but now that I have one of each I think it will be great for a surprise baby!!! How ever I think this baby will be a boy

I do take a pill for the nausea and it works sometimes....but at night I'm just helpless and hopeless I'll have to try out those motion sickness bands. With my son the morning sickness was gone by 14-16 wks. But with my girl it was there the whole time. Not as bad but still there!

Anyway's, I think I answered everyones posts!! And yes, this was a great up lifter after all my family has been through. It's kind of weird because I kind of feel guilty about being pregnant after what my sister is going through. But I know I shouln't. I do think she will try for another baby in the future. She so deserves one. She's really a good girl who just made a mistake.

Anyhow, thanks everyone for your excitment!!!

--------------------

Glad everything went great at your doctors appointment! new
      #138375 - 01/14/05 09:08 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I'm with you on wanting to be surprised! I think I'll be the same way when I finally have a baby.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#138380 - 01/14/05 09:11 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

That is wonderful sweetie....I'm so happy for you (and your family) this is something you really wanted and it is working out for ya.

I miss ya... we don't chat as much as we used to...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#138449 - 01/14/05 11:09 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Congrats Steph! I'm so happy for you and your family.

Have you and your husband picked out any names yet?

--------------------

Ashley new
      #138540 - 01/14/05 02:51 PM
StephS

Quote:

Congrats Steph! I'm so happy for you and your family.

Have you and your husband picked out any names yet?

Hey there! How are you doing these days?

Well if it's a boy were thinking Anthony not sure of a middle name for that! And a girl will be Haley May but spelled Mae...I'm also not sure on how we would spell Haley.

But that's it so far. I'm stuck on the girl name...so if its a girl her name will be that! As for the boy....I'm still not sure....BUT my Hubby loves the name Anthony!!! So it will probabley be that if it's a boy...just need a middle name to go with it!!!

Well I'm feeling pretty yucky today Morning sickness my BUTT!!! Today it's been morning, noon and I'm sure the worst is going to take place tonight! I wish I could put it on hold for a few hrs. I'm taking dinner into my sister tonight. She's having a tuff day today I swear she's the only person I would make dinner for today....Oh and my parents. I'm making a huge pot of turkey chili and taking it to my parents and sister!!! WOW....I hope I make it!!! Better go take my anti nausea pill right now!

HUGS to you!

--------------------

Congratulations! How exciting! new
      #138545 - 01/14/05 02:57 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

So glad your baby is doing well, and I hope the morning sickness eases up soon!!
BTW, Anthony and Haley are both great names!

--------------------
~Angela

Re: Congratulations! How exciting! new
      #138551 - 01/14/05 03:00 PM
StephS

Quote:

So glad your baby is doing well, and I hope the morning sickness eases up soon!!
BTW, Anthony and Haley are both great names!

Thanks! I'm sure the darn sickness will ease up in a few more weeks! The nurse told me it's just at the point where it peeks and then it should feel better in a few more wks!

Take care!

--------------------

Re: Ashley new
      #138569 - 01/14/05 03:48 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

blaa.. morning or all day sickness in your case sounds crappy. But of course the end result is always worth it.

I'm doing really good right now.. I still have another week of vacation so I'm just enjoying doing nothing and loving it.

Oh and your kids names are so so cute. Especially your girls name!

--------------------

#138583 - 01/14/05 04:12 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

Well if it's a boy were thinking Anthony not sure of a middle name for that! And a girl will be Haley May but spelled Mae...I'm also not sure on how we would spell Haley.

Oooh I love the name Haley Mae! My friend named his daughter that so I'm pretty miffed at him for stealing my name. She's adorable, though, so I forgive him. LOL

--------------------
- Jennifer

#138613 - 01/14/05 05:25 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I love those names! Mae is my mom's middle name and my sister's middle name.
The names we have picked out are Jada Rose, and Carter Scott. Carter and Scott are our grandpa's...and Rose is my grandma (and I just love that for a middle name - and it was our wedding flower!). Jada I just like a lot...Justin loves the name Kaya, so if we have 2 girls I think that'll be it....but I like Jasmine - just so I could call her Jazz

Ok I'm blabbing...and not even pregnant...

--------------------
~Cara~

Steph new
      #138641 - 01/14/05 06:46 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Glad to know everything went well. I know that was exciting seeing the baby! What do your other children think about this new baby?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2397

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review