All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Prayers needed!!
      #136776 - 01/10/05 08:56 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

For my sister! Some of you know this situation with her. She is having her baby today. She is being induced right now and will have the baby sometime this afternoon.

Anyway, this is going to be a hard week on her and my family. She is giving this baby up for adoption (long story).

She is also diabetic and has health issues. So if you could please keep her in your positive thoughts and prayers that would be wonderful!

Thanks!

--------------------

Edited by StephS (01/10/05 08:56 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Prayers needed!! new
      #136780 - 01/10/05 09:05 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Will be thinking of her and you Steph, this will be such a tough week.

--------------------
S.

#136784 - 01/10/05 09:11 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Prayers coming your way! Hope your family gets through this!

#136786 - 01/10/05 09:15 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

lots of good thoughts headed her way.. I forget- is this an open adoption? that may help her cope - knowing she'l get to see pictures as the child grows...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#136789 - 01/10/05 09:17 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I'll make sure to include you and your family in my prayers Steph! Good luck with everything!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Big hugs, Steph! new
      #136790 - 01/10/05 09:17 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

You, your sister, and your family are definitely in my thoughts.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#136800 - 01/10/05 09:27 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I can't imagine how hard this must be, my thoughts will be with you guys.

#136804 - 01/10/05 09:30 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Oh Steph, this is going to be really hard for all of you. Just focus on one day at a time. Today focus on her health and the baby's. Tomorrow you'll deal with the next thing.
I'll keep you all in my prayers.
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#136806 - 01/10/05 09:30 AM
StephS

Thanks everyone! It means a lot!

This is an open adoption, so it will be nice to see her grow up. My sister and parents meet with the adoptive family last night and just love them. So we know she is going to a wonderful family!!

I'm going to go see the baby later tonight or tomorrow morning! It will be hard to let her go, but its the best thing for her!

Thanks again!

--------------------

#136813 - 01/10/05 09:36 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I will be thinking of her and your family...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

StephS new
      #136818 - 01/10/05 09:45 AM
XXXXX

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

I have been praying for your sister. Being an adoptive mom my heart really goes out to her.

Has she identified a family with which to place her baby? Is she using an adoption agency or is she going private?

From what I understand, birthmothers hate the phrase "giving the baby up" as 99.9% of them really don't want to place their child for adoption...they really want to parent them no matter the circumstances of their pregnancy. Just an FYI to help when you're communicating with your sister.

After she places her baby...let her talk and ALWAYS honor her sadness, remember the baby's birthday each year and take her to lunch if needed. Just love her through this...it's a very sad time for her right now.

I think it is wonderful that she chose to give this baby life...it was a very selfless act.

phrase new
      #136819 - 01/10/05 09:47 AM
XXXXX

The current phrase for placing a child for adoption is "placing a child'. I forgot that part!

Steph :( new
      #136866 - 01/10/05 11:00 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I'm definately praying for you and your sister. What a hard situation.
Please keep us updated. I'll be thinking of you and your family today.
<<HUGS>>>

--------------------
~Cara~

Praying for her now! ----nt--- new
      #136900 - 01/10/05 12:05 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Thanks everyone! new
      #136915 - 01/10/05 01:18 PM
StephS

She is in labor now and should have this little one any time now. I'm expecting the call very soon. She had to go in early to start on antibiotics. Women are tested for group B streap and she had it. So they started the meds and then broke her water a few hours later. I sure hope the delivery goes well for her. This has been a VERY hard pregnancy for her. She has been sick the whole time. I'm so happy that this is going to all be behind her now!

Thanks again!

--------------------

#136918 - 01/10/05 01:22 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Hope everything goes well, Steph, I know that no there is no completely ideal situation in this scenerio, but I have faith that she will get through it, she is lucky to have a caring sis like you to help her through.

--------------------
-Sheri

#136919 - 01/10/05 01:22 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I already replied but I also wanted to say that even if your sister feels low about herself, like she made some big mistake, I really commend her on her choice to have the baby and place the baby for adoption. A lot of women, like me, are pro-life, but I wonder how many would have the courage to stand behind their beliefs in a situation like this. She should be very proud of herself, you should be proud of her, and I'm sure eventually the child will be proud and thankful that she made this choice.
Let us know how she does today.
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

StephS new
      #136927 - 01/10/05 01:34 PM
XXXXX

I don't want to over dramatize but this will NEVER be behind her. I have many good friends who are birthmothers of babies of all races and they never forget.

#136933 - 01/10/05 01:46 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

She'll be in my prayers this week. Good luck.

#136939 - 01/10/05 01:54 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

I'm hoping and praying that everything goes well for your sister and baby and your whole family.
Terri

Re: StephS new
      #136981 - 01/10/05 03:32 PM
StephS

Tiatojoy,

I know this will never be behind her! HOW could it? I'm just very thankful that sickness and physical strain on her body will be behind her.

We are all very supportive of her decision to place her child for adoption!!! She has a very strong and loving family!

Thanks for your prayers.

--------------------

Update new
      #136982 - 01/10/05 03:35 PM
StephS

Well the baby is here. My dad just called me and told me about it. My sister is doing good and so is the baby. It's a very emotional day for all of us. My dad was having a hard time getting the words out. I could her that little angle crying in the back ground. I started crying myself. This is going to be so hard. My dad said she is BEAUTIFUL.

I look forward to meeting her tomorrow! I'm going to give my sister some time tonight to rest and I'll go see her tomorrow morning!

Keep the prayers coming, this is going to be hard.

--------------------

Re: Update new
      #136985 - 01/10/05 03:43 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

glad the baby arrived safely and that your sister is doing OK, This is going to be so difficult for her, I am thinking of your family and hoping it all goes ok.

--------------------
S.

#137018 - 01/10/05 04:36 PM
Cara4503

Oh I'm so happy everyone is alright. Gosh Steph, I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is going to be for everyone. UGH. It gives me chills. What a strong family you are. You're definately in my prayers. <<HUGS>> Please keep us updated.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: StephS new
      #137026 - 01/10/05 05:09 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hey Steph.. I'm hoping that everything turns out ok, and i'll be praying for you and your family.

--------------------

#137041 - 01/10/05 06:04 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

She has mine Steph. It will be such a hard thing to do and not just for her but for your whole family. I will be thinking of you all and praying that it all goes smoothly as possible.

--------------------
Amy

Steph new
      #137056 - 01/10/05 06:39 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Oh, Steph. I know this must be terribly hard on the entire family. I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. I'll be praying for you!

#137090 - 01/10/05 08:53 PM

Unregistered

My thoughts are definitely with you and your family. I can't imagine how hard that would be to give up a baby, especially when you're seeing it in the flesh after so long. Good to hear that the birth went well though. I'll be thinking about you all. Good luck!

#137091 - 01/10/05 09:03 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Steph, I haven't posted to you about this because it is such a personal and difficult thing for you and I didn't want our first introduction to be on such a serious issue. But I can't hold back any longer.

I am praying for your sister and your whole family. I think you have a very special family to be so supportive of one another. That will be a gift for your sister that she is blessed to have during this difficult time.

May your whole family find comfort in one another. As I said, I know we don't know one another very well, but just from what I've read from your posts, I think you are wonderful, sensitive compassionate sister. I just didn't want to step in when you may feel more comfortable hearing from those who you know better.

But I am praying for you as well.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

I am so sorry, I misunderstood! new
      #137121 - 01/11/05 05:28 AM
XXXXX

Please forgive me, I completely misunderstood what you were saying. Perhaps I have heard too many stories of hearing how people have told birthmothers (friends of mine!) that time heals all wounds and move on. It's amazing as to how often that really occurs.

Your sister is blessed to have you!

#137124 - 01/11/05 05:45 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

I'm sure she's gorgeous and doing well nad I hope she'll have a wonderful life with her adoptive parents, giving her things that right now your sister can't... and giving them the blessing of getting to be parents... there are so many of us out there for whom that has to be a gift from others since we can't have children of our own.

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#137138 - 01/11/05 06:42 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Steph
Our family just went through this exact situation. The baby is much wanted and loved with the family who adopted, but there will always be a space in this family that only he can feel. My heart goes out to each of you. You will have to grieve, and then begin to heal. God Bless each of you!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Steph how is everyone today? Update?? -nt- new
      #137141 - 01/11/05 06:47 AM
Cara4503

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Steph how is everyone today? Update?? -nt- new
      #137170 - 01/11/05 08:25 AM
StephS

Thank you everyone! I'm just getting ready to go see the baby. I bought her a cute little outfit that she will take with her. I'm looking forward to seeing her and taking pictures of her! My sister is doing good. My mom said that she seems to be doing good emotionally, And feels so good health wise! What a blessing for that. Poor girl has felt so rotten for 9 plus months. I'm happy she finaly feels good.

I'll answer more posts later. There are a few I need to respond to directly....but I don't have the time right now! So thank you all. I'll be back in a few hours and will update then!

HUGS!

--------------------

Re: Steph how is everyone today? Update?? -nt- new
      #137210 - 01/11/05 09:44 AM
Cara4503

I can't wait to hear! I wish I could see her! Good luck, and I'll be praying for you and your family. I'm glad your sister is finally feeling good. Don't feel rushed to reply, I know you have a lot on your mind and you're busy! HUGS!

--------------------
~Cara~

I"m back! new
      #137389 - 01/11/05 02:15 PM
StephS

OH boy, is she BEAUTIFUL or what? She is the sweetest little baby! I just sat there and held her for the longest time. I was able to change her diaper and feed her a bottle. I huged her and kissed her tons. She is so perfect. I will really miss her. It was hard to kiss her goodbye. I cried. So did my mom and sister. I did take lots of pics of her. So I'm very glad to have those.

She had the cutes little ears, she had black peach fuzz all over her ears and forhead....my little babies had that too. So sweet

It was wonderful to spend the time with her and tell her over and over that I love her. She has the sweetest little face and angelic eyes. What a perfect baby.

I'm so happy she is going to a wonderful family that will love her as much as we already do. She will have many people here on earth that love her and pray for her.

Well, I'm sure this will be very hard on my sister tomorrow. She will sign the papers and the adoptive mother will be there to pick her up tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again for all the love and prayers!

--------------------

Augie new
      #137397 - 01/11/05 02:26 PM
StephS

Quote:

Steph, I haven't posted to you about this because it is such a personal and difficult thing for you and I didn't want our first introduction to be on such a serious issue. But I can't hold back any longer.

I am praying for your sister and your whole family. I think you have a very special family to be so supportive of one another. That will be a gift for your sister that she is blessed to have during this difficult time.

May your whole family find comfort in one another. As I said, I know we don't know one another very well, but just from what I've read from your posts, I think you are wonderful, sensitive compassionate sister. I just didn't want to step in when you may feel more comfortable hearing from those who you know better.

But I am praying for you as well.

Oh Augie you are too sweet! Thank you. I'm glad you jumped in and said what you did. You have very kind words, and I appreciate them very much!

Thanks for your prayers and positive thoughts!

--------------------

Oh wow.... new
      #137408 - 01/11/05 02:39 PM
XXXXX

Will your sister and you all have the opportunity to write her and send her gifts? I welcome correspondence from my childrens birth families...it makes my kids very happy.

Re: I"m back! new
      #137431 - 01/11/05 04:30 PM
Cara4503

Aww Steph that is so sweet!!!!!!! I bet it was SO hard to leave, I can't even imagine. Will you get to see her a lot? Where are the adoptive parents going to live? Close to you?
Well I'm thinking about you and your family - thanks for the update!!

--------------------
~Cara~

#137433 - 01/11/05 04:37 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Steph, you and your family will certainly be in my prayers. I'm so glad your sister and the baby are both doing fine! Keep us posted!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: I"m back! new
      #137451 - 01/11/05 05:04 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

I am echoing the same thoughts as everyone else. My prayers and thoughts are with you. It's wonderful that she will have two families to lover her.

Re: Prayers for your family !!! new
      #137485 - 01/11/05 10:34 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Steph, I haven't heard you speak of this situation since you first posted it when you first found out she was pregnant. I am so proud to know you, what a great family your sister is blessed with.

It had to be hard, but the greatest love you are able to give that baby was today when you held her and kissed her and loved her! You all did a great job.

Your sister is really going to need you all when she goes home. I am praying for all of you, I know this is also very hard for your mom and dad.

Take care honey! love ya gayla

Re: Prayers for your family !!! new
      #137836 - 01/12/05 03:36 PM
StephS

Thanks Gayla!

What a nice post!It has been a hard couple of days. It has taken its' toll on all of us. I feel really bad for my sister today. This is the day she says goodbye. I know she is having a really hard time of it. As are my parents. All my sisters and brothers are too. We will get through this, but it will take time and lots of prayers. I will be spending lots of time with my sister. She is my good friend and I love her to death. I just ache for her right now. I can only imagin her horrible pain. She is strong and is doing the best thing she could for her sweet baby. I know she made the right decision.

Thank you for your support and love!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 320 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4987

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review