All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Animal lovers new
      #135668 - 01/06/05 09:43 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Welcome to the boards! I also have GERD with my IBS. I take Nexium too- and I think it's the best of the acid blocker lot. It's the only one that's worked for me. Believe it or not, I can't burp! My body just doesn't do that- so I tend to get lots of back and chest pains from trapped gas and if it gets too bad I just throw up. Charming introduction to me, huh?

Anyway, I'm a big time animal fan myself- we have four animals, two dogs, a cat, and a guinea pig. My dogs are Charlie and Cara. They're both turning four relatively soon. Cara is half chow chow and half Chesapeake Bay retriever. She's my princess- she also has IBS. Isn't that funny? Charlie is more my husband's dog, and he's half German Shephard half something low to the ground (Basset hound?) Anyway, his legs are WAY too short for his body. Riley is my cat, he's also four, and he's a Maine Coon Cat. They're my favorite as they are super friendly and snuggly- Riles think's he's a dog actually. He gives kisses to everybody, which makes Cara uncomfortable. And Neil is my guinea pig. He's black and white with a mohawk. He's only 3 months old, and he loves cantelope.

As you can see, I love my animals!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#135688 - 01/06/05 10:25 AM
Bre

Reged: 01/05/05
Loc: Philadelphia, PA USA

Don't worry about how nice your first introduction was to me...it's funny, but it's nice to have people who can sympathize with the "bathroom issues" and I like to call it!! Despite all the problems we all have, you have to admit there's something funny about a group of people getting together to discuss their BMs!!!

That is hysterical that your dog has IBS. What are the chances? Maybe she's taking her cues from you - trying to copy Hehe I definitely love my dog more than I ever thought you could - I was never as attached to my family pets growing up as I am to Sulley. I'm trying to talk my husband into getting a friend for Sulley, but he's not having it. He can't imagine having two dogs...but lots of people do! Plus, when they're both only 5 pounds, it's not like they take up much room!!

Welcome Bre! new
      #135690 - 01/06/05 10:27 AM

Unregistered

I'm glad you found us and I'll look forward to seeing you around the boards!

#135701 - 01/06/05 10:43 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Yeah- collectively we have 124 pounds of pets!

Hello Bre! new
      #135709 - 01/06/05 10:53 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Welcome to the boards... so glad to have you join us!

I am a huge kitty lover and have 2 of my own "fur-babies". Precious (we call him Bubba Boy) is a 15 year old, black and white Turkish Van, with extra long silky fur. I rescued him from a farm that had horrible kids that tried to torture him. He IS most definately the apple of my eye.

My other "child" is a 1 year old calico named Annabelle (Bella for short, aka "the freak") who has taken over the torturing job and keeps Bubba on his toes daily. Not to mention the fact that I'm becomming quite a pro at "motherhood" seeing that I resort to giving her time-outs often.

Speaking of motherhood... My husband and I have joined the "baby-making" group recently. We were married in January of 2004, but have been together for 7 1/2 years. We both feel that raising a child would be an exciting and necessary step for us to take at this time in our lives.

As I said... welcome aboard and I hope to see you around!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

WELCOME BRE!! -NT- new
      #135718 - 01/06/05 11:00 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Welcome Bre! new
      #135719 - 01/06/05 11:00 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Good luck with the diet!

--------------------
-Sheri

Another person near Philly new
      #135751 - 01/06/05 11:53 AM
RnbwConnection78

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Bensalem, PA (right outside of Philadelphia)

Hi,
I am an almost 23 year old college student that lives in Bensalem when not attending school. I have 2 kittens that live with me and as far as I am concerned, they are my kids..lol.

Teresa

--------------------

#135770 - 01/06/05 12:45 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I know that is big for a yorkie but he has papers. And the vet said some yorkies get bigger than others. I guess?? I originally wanted him to be small no more than 7 lbs. b/c I wanted to have another baby and my DH didn't so he got me a small dog that I could hold all the time that would never get to big to hold and cuddle like a baby. But then my DH wanted a "real" dog which to him means BIG. So we got an American Bulldog b/c we visited my brother in Hawaii and he has a male that is 122lbs. w/ a massive head. My DH fell in love and I convinced him to get a female b/c they don't get AS big, generally 90-100lbs. max (still big in my book). So anyway I feel better now that my yorkie is 14lbs. b/c if he were 5lbs. he would have been smushed by now. You should see how rough they play and the yorkie starts it 9 out of 10 times. The bulldog is super sweet though and absolutely wonderful w/ my two girls. I couldn't see my life w/o either one now.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Re: New Here-near Philadelphia new
      #135778 - 01/06/05 01:01 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Hi! I live actually in Philadelphia, I go to Drexel University. I just got a cat yesterday from a shelter here in the city, she's a cute,sweet calico, but she has a nasty cold and a fever (I took her to the vet this morning and she's on antibiotics now).

Anyways, welcome!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 356 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3175

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review