All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Newbie!
      #135339 - 01/05/05 12:44 PM
Adriane

Reged: 12/01/04
Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii

Hello Everyone! I am new to the website and hoping that I will learn a lot from all of you. I have recently been diagnosed with IBS even though I have been having problems for years. I recently bought Heathers two books and have been trying to get educated. I am 26 and noticing that things are getting worse as the days go on. I can't remember the last time I went an entire day without stomach cramping, nausea, and lots of bathroom breaks. Had a colonoscopy and ruled out all the big stuff. I am having a hard time thinking that the rest of my life will be like this. I am on Levsin for cramping, helping a little I think. Still wake up every morning with a burning belly. Anybody feel my pain and have any recommendations?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Newbie! new
      #135369 - 01/05/05 01:14 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hello and Welcome! Glad you found us! I too, suffer from IBS, I typically have C though but use miralax to keep things moving. I do get periods of bad pain and cramping. I personally find that Donnatol works better for me than the levsin did, but everyone is different! I use the heating pad to help with cramps and pain. If it gets REAL bad, I take Xanax (for the anxiety the comes along with the pain) and vicodin. both are very strong drugs and need to be used with caution!

This is The Living Section and we typically "chit chat" more here than actually talk about IBS things. Try posting in the diet section and you will get more IBS advise! But feel free to start any chitty chat thread of your own here or jump into the ones already running!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#135373 - 01/05/05 01:24 PM
Adriane

Reged: 12/01/04
Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii

Thanks for replying and saying Hello! Thanks for letting me know where to go for questions and answers! Once I read through the books then I may have some more knowledge, appreciate your help!

#135376 - 01/05/05 01:27 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Welcome Adriane! I do not have any advice for the pain... I don't have much pain anymore and usually some chamomile tea can take care of that, or a nap
But, the rest of your life WON'T be like this. Alot of people on this board have been stable for awhile now, this diet really does help. I still ahve minor setbacks, but they are always my fault and I can recover quickely now that I know the tools to deal with it. I have not had 'D' for more than a couple of hours consecutively since starting this diet in April of last year.
if you are around the baords the next couple of days, we are about to have a BIG celebration, as the wonderful Laura Sue is steadily approaching her One Year No D mark (In about four or five days I think).
Trust me, you will see the thread when it happens!
And as for myself, I can live my life normally now, without having to plan around my 'D'.
Good luck and hope you stick around!

--------------------
-Sheri

Welcome, Adriane! ---nt--- new
      #135408 - 01/05/05 01:57 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

#135674 - 01/06/05 10:03 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Welcome! I see you are from Hawaii. What island are you on? My brother is in the Army and stationed on Oahu (Well right now he is in Iraq). I visited him 2 summers ago and it is absolutely beautiful there. I fell in love, it is my kind of place! I am always cold and loved the warm weather. My brother said it is warm all year round.

I am IBS-D, what are you sounds like D? I had bad days more often than not in the beginning but after I started Heather's diet it got better. Also taking an SFS helps a great deal. I am stable 90% of the time now unless I cheat on the diet or don't take my SFS. The diet seems really hard at first but it gets easier and is well worth the effort. I hope you get stable soon.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 763 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 926

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review