All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
I think I need to vent too
      #135334 - 01/05/05 12:36 PM

Unregistered

Well I am getting quite frustrated because I have managed my IBS so well lately and hardly ever have attacks. But the past week I have just been feeling so awful every day! And it is beginning to get a little annoying to say the least.

Thank goodness I still have this week of vacation from school, but I'm hoping I'm back to normal feeling in a few days because I hate to leave the house now! I had done so well getting past that feeling when I was so bad off a year ago, but now I feel like I'm becoming a hermit. I hate feeling like a prisoner in my house and to myself. Boo!

I suppose things could be far worse, but I've been trying to eat carefully and still I don't feel good later. Part of it I believe can be contributed to the glorious effects that come with being a girl, but I just don't know because it's been so long since I've felt like this!

Ugh well that's enough now, I felt the need to complain to people who would understand I hope everyone else is having a happy tummy day for me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I think I need to vent too new
      #135343 - 01/05/05 12:48 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

AAWWEEE Sweets!! I am sorry to hear your tummy is misbehaving!! I hope you feel better soon!!! Being a Girl can realy suck and I would not be at all suprised if that is what is causing this for you right now!! Some months are better than other! Which can make it real hard to tell what is what!! I understand!!1 I ask my tummy every morning so what ya got in store for me today!!! LOL

BIG HUGS!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#135362 - 01/05/05 01:07 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Aw Swettie, sorry to hear your tummy is misbehaving!! That wonderful time of the month always makes things worse for me as well. The heating pad works wonders!! Stick to very safe foods for a couple of days and try to relax. Stress always makes my tummy so much worse! This is just a minor set back, we all have them from time to time. Sit back, drink some tea and admire your beautiful purses!! Feel better soon!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

awww Brittany new
      #135387 - 01/05/05 01:34 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I know what you mean too! I am also having "the glorious effects of being a girl" same as you. This time every month has been the hardest for me to stabilize, and it has been an ongoing struggle. But, atleast it is not too bad this time around.
Something that I have noticed helped the past two months is with all the strenuous excercise I have been doing, my cramps have been next to nothing when usually they KILL me.

Hope your feeling better, and I also have noticed that chamomile can help with the cramping, which helps with the IBS end, too! Good thing you have time to rest up before school.
bah. School. As much as I love it, I don't wanna go back this semester!

--------------------
-Sheri

Thanks ladies! new
      #135403 - 01/05/05 01:55 PM

Unregistered

I've been laying in bed and watching TV and reading books and I think the variety of pills I took did their job and I'm feeling better. But this happened the past couple days and I feel good, then wake up feeling good and decide it's ok to eat something and then a few hours later I realize I wasn't ready yet. Ugh!

Well thanks for all the happy tummy thoughts and hugs

#135407 - 01/05/05 01:57 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hugs Brittany, its easy to let tummy troubles get you down, I;ve been there. Try to think positive and try if you can to make yourself leave the house, one step at a time.
Remember you need to be in good form when you meet the Saks people!
take care,

--------------------
S.

#135547 - 01/06/05 12:02 AM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

Sorry you feel so bad!! That time of the month is always worse for me as well, and I just hope it gets better. Try not to feel so bad about staying in...you need to do what will get you through this difficult time You're off school so try to think of it as relaxing vacation time! Good luck!!

--------------------
~Angela

Brittany new
      #135567 - 01/06/05 06:08 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Maybe it's all the excitement about your new purses! My IBS tends to come in waves, and I know it's related to stress. Or maybe it's just a break in routine for you. When do you return to school? Where do you go to school? (I know you told me before, but I forgot. Forgive me,but I'm one of the oldies, remember!!!)

Re: Brittany new
      #135571 - 01/06/05 06:31 AM

Unregistered

I start school back on Monday and I go to Ringling School of Art and Design. The school is in Sarasota where I'm from, so I don't have to actually move and go anywhere which is nice, but I'm just soooo not ready to be back in school again. Oh well though, I am close to being done.

Thanks the advice!

#135605 - 01/06/05 08:16 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Oh, the other great art and design school! I thought that's where you told me you were. My son is at the Savannah College or Art and Design. He just started in the fall---and after a 5-week break (they're on the quarter system), he couldn't wait to get back to school! He loves it, but of course, he just started, so the newness and enthusiasm hasn't worn off yet. He is majoring in graphic design and has his own screenprinting business, doing t-shirts and posters, mainly for independent bands.

I knew he would need supplies, but he emailed to say he had to buy $140 worth of supplies for an art class and $389 worth of supplies/equipment for his photography class. Ouch! We weren't expecting this! Do you have to purchase a lot of supplies too?

#135699 - 01/06/05 10:40 AM

Unregistered

Ahhhh the newness and excitement of school...those were the days...
I loved school during the first year when it was the fundamental type classes that everyone took - it's funny to see that what I thought was stress then was really like a vacation! Now I spend my whole life in the computer labs at school - weekends I'm not out partying with friends, I'm at school working till they kick us out at 3am. It's a great life The stress is unbelievable and the interior design major is definitely the hardest on campus..or so they say. At least it's the most professionally oriented. We have formal presentations all the time and are doing like REAL work. I think Graphic Design is probably the closest to that too...we graduate and are ready to work. The other majors are a little more free - and it's funny to hear them complain about working on a painting they have the whole semester to do, and they think it's hard to work for 3 hours on it. I love it! LOL

That's so exciting that your son is doing that work on the side too. That will be great for his resume. You know that are schools where you can major solely in screenprinting. I think that's funny. Good for him though. I'm glad he's enjoying school too. Isn't paying for all the supplies fun? We probably spend an extra $1,000 a semester on supplies alone. It's crazy! I don't know how they can assume that everyone is able to fork out that kinda money when we're already paying $10,000 a semester. It's just nuts!

Well I'm glad he's enjoying himself. Does he ever feel like his friends at "normal" schools don't think he really has to "work". I always found that annoying - especially because I'm working way way harder than people I know at "real" schools. Oh well, they just don't understand.

More hugs from Aunty Natalie!! new
      #135710 - 01/06/05 10:55 AM
Natalie1985

Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hey Brit,
Im so sorry you're feeling so rubbish at the moment...those hermit... not wanting to leave the house days...boy do I know them well! I really hope you are feeling better really soon...and I hope everything with Saks goes well...Im crossing every finger that it will!! Ive just got back to Leeds today....feels a bit strange at the moment...need to settle back into things! Speak to you very very soon....and hey...remember what I said about my purse...I hate to think that you've got that on your plate on top of feeling so crappy....serious...theres no hurry! Do as I say....REST REST REST!!

--------------------
Natalie

Bump for brittany!! n/t new
      #135944 - 01/07/05 02:20 AM
Natalie1985

--------------------
Natalie

Re: More hugs from Aunty Natalie!! new
      #135967 - 01/07/05 06:20 AM

Unregistered

Thanks Nat!

I got the purse done but I'm feeling just awful today so I'll try to make it to the post office if I can, but otherwise I'll send it out first thing next week. Thanks for caring Glad you made it back to school safely and I hope you're feeling okay too!

Update - Now I feel WORSE! new
      #135971 - 01/07/05 06:31 AM

Unregistered

I played it safe yesterday and didn't really eat anything until last night so I had a baguette and put a little turkey on it because I was feeling so good all day. Well while I was eating my stomache was kinda uncomfortable feeling so I stopped eating it and ate some plain bread, then decided to take a few different pills and just lay in bed and watch tv. Well I was feeling fine and thought that was great.

Well then I wake up around 2am to a dream I was having where I wasn't feeling good in the dream, so once I actually wake up I realize I really wasn't. So I tried to ignore it but that didn't work so I got up and had a lovely bout of D. Well then I'm feeling better and go back to bed. Basically then I kinda went back and forth between having chills and feeling clammy and needless to say I was up till like 4:30am and most of the time I just sat in the bathroom because I felt like I was going to throw up. I am deadly afraid of throwing up so it was just killing me to feel like that. Maybe I have a stomach bug? My mom thinks that I've had that all week maybe and my pills and will to not throw up is maybe why it hasn't entirely escalated to being anything.

I don't know but I finally got a little sleep until like 6 and now I had to cancel my appointment for a pedicure this morning and I'm so bummed about that too. What a way to spend my last day of vacation- I had so many plans!

I think I'm just rambling now and I'm going to get back in bed and waste away the day as best I can. Hope everyone else is having a much better day.

Oh sweetie! new
      #135977 - 01/07/05 06:58 AM
LittleLamb

Reged: 07/22/04
Loc: USA

I am so sorry you are feeling so bad.

I can empathize - I am terrified of throwing up too. If I get nauseated I start to shake all over because I get so scared - I have done that since I was a little girl.

Hopefully this bug will work its way out of your system. Try to drink water if you can to keep hydrated and rest rest rest!

Hugs, Love & Prayers--

Brittany new
      #135978 - 01/07/05 07:02 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Brittany, Sorry you are feeling so bad. Maybe your health will be wonderful once you go back to school. Have to think positive eh.
Sending hugs your way,

--------------------
S.

Re: Update - Now I feel WORSE! new
      #135979 - 01/07/05 07:03 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Oh sorry you are still feeling so crappy. I agree with your mom that it is probably a bug, and not IBS, since IBS really doesn't usually wake people from a sound sleep -- plus the chills and the lack of appetite and all that just doesn't fit. I hope you feel better soon!
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Oh no..... new
      #136000 - 01/07/05 08:08 AM
Natalie1985

Hey Brit,
You poor poor thing, Im so sorry you're feeling so bad.....just keep your chin up and do whatever you can to make yourself feel better...get that hot water bottle out! I know you've still got 2 more days till school starts so hopefully you'll be feeling a lot better by then, just rest and take it easy. That does suck about the pedicure though, Ive never had one done are they any good? I think it does sound like you have a tummy bug thats been lurking in your system for a few days, hopefully cos of that it'll pass quickly now that its hit you. Its horrible waiting to feel better...I hope you do real soon. lots and lots of hugs xxxxxx

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Update - Now I feel WORSE! new
      #136003 - 01/07/05 08:18 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Brittany-
There is a stomach virus going around here. It sounds like you might have the same thing! Get some rest and hope you feel better!

Aw hope you feel better soon, Brittany! -nt- new
      #136010 - 01/07/05 08:29 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 264 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3685

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review