All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Have mercy...
      #134850 - 01/04/05 07:18 AM
XXXXX

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

I don't post about my family much but "I need to talk" My daughter along with mom, dad and brother spent her birthday evening in the ER as she fell off the trampoline and twisted her ankle during her birthday party no less. We thought it was broken but it was just a sprain. So...a $900.00 trip to the ER later, we walked out with crutched and an ace bandage over her foot. Thank God for insurance! We were given an aircast on the follow-up visit to the doctor.

Fast forward to our next party on New Years Day...the kids are all outside playing in the yard, she collides with another kid and twists her ankle again! So back we are to a minor emergency place and she is back in the aircast and on the crutches! Bless her heart...

My husband and I are grounding her to her room the next time we have a party! One more trip to the ER/Minor Emergency place, someone will probably call CPS on us!

So...on her first day at school, my daughter is on crutches. The first day back from winter break...she is on crutches again! Thankfully she is a great natured kid who takes things with a grain of salt.

No more parties!!!!!!!!!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Have mercy... new
      #134858 - 01/04/05 07:50 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh Dear, poor thing! I can certianly relate as I feel down some stairs the week before Halloween and just last week got off my crutches! Have you talked to the dr's about some exercises she can do to help streagnth her ankles? I've been in physical therpay over a month now and it really helps. I hope she is up and around very soon!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#134874 - 01/04/05 08:47 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Wow - you and my aunt had very similar experiences. When my cousin Emily was 5 years old, she fell off her bike and broke her left arm. I believe it was about 6 months later when she tripped over a step in the house and broke her right arm. Then, to make matters worse, a year later she fractured her left arm again at a friend's birthday party.

My uncle got really upset the second time because they asked to talk to Emily alone to make sure there was nothing suspicious going on. Luckily Emily is very into drama and you can definitely tell when she's lying so there was no reason for any further questions.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#134878 - 01/04/05 08:59 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Ouch- isn't it lucky that kids are resiliant? I used to sprain my ankles ALL the time playing soccer when I was little. I hope she's up and about soon!

#135124 - 01/05/05 01:47 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

OH my goodness - $900?? I SO can't afford to go to the US! I knew you had to pay for all hospital treatment and stuff over there, but I had no idea it was that bad. What happens if poor people hurt themselves or get sick?

Poor wee mite. I guess at least it'll make a cool story for her classmates. Chicks may not dig scars, but kids do!.

--------------------
*Emma*

Thank goodness for insurance purplelollie.... new
      #135148 - 01/05/05 06:11 AM
XXXXX

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

my portion was $50.00 but when I checked out I asked the clerk how much they were going to bill my insurance hence knowing that it was $900.00! I am interested to see how the trip on Monday will be billed! Thankfully my portion was only $25.00!

#135153 - 01/05/05 06:23 AM

Unregistered

Oh my gosh! Poor little girl! Sounds like you guys didn't have that great of a holiday.

You definitely better watch out that there isn't a next time because Child Services has probably already been warned about you all

Take care and I hope she's back to normal soon! I bet all her friends think her being on crutches is really cool though. I remember being in elementary and middle school and everyone thought that it was so cool to have crutches. Of course you didn't want to get hurt, but you were always just a little envious of the crutches lol, kids are funny like that I guess.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 100 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1621

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review