All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: To you all new
      #14001 - 07/14/03 05:09 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I am late joining this thread but wanted you ladies to know what a blessing it has been to read over, I am going to print off several of your notes here. This has been an incredible year of growth for me, as well, in my relationship with the Lord, He is using SOOO many things to humble me and teach me total dependence on Him. I am still struggling in so many areas but in the struggle am learning so much, I know it is worth it. I would love to be included in anything you all set up, I cannot imagine I would be available to chat very often as the 3 little ones are always interrupting me, but I can post and email because interruptions aren't such a problem there, I just come back and finish my thought when I'm allowed. Email is ecmmbm@carolina.rr.com. And if you would pray for me, I am fighting a very specific battle these last few months, beyond IBS, and I am determined to overcome it but it is harder some days than I ever imagined. I am doing Beth Moore's study "Breaking Free" and it is amazing, each day is a new battle and each day God's love and mercy are new every morning. True for us all, right? Thanks for letting me share here and I look forward to studying all the passages you all have shared here.

In Him,

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I did it! A great day at the beach! new
      #14066 - 07/15/03 10:04 AM
Georgia

Reged: 07/06/03
Loc: Granite City, IL

I agree with the prayer/praise/talk emails as being a wonderful idea. As Rich Mullins has sang, Our God is an awesome God!! Praising Him, sharing His Word with others, and sharing support would be a true gift. Thanks for the idea.

#14086 - 07/15/03 11:49 AM
busymom

Reged: 06/30/03
Loc: Michigan

Praise the Lord! That is wonderful that it went so well. God be praised! I just got on for the first time since the weekend. It is great to hear good news!

#14087 - 07/15/03 12:01 PM
busymom

Reged: 06/30/03
Loc: Michigan

Michelle, Good to hear from you. Your picture is beautiful! Your baby is adorable! I will pray for you. I think for many of us there are lots of other issues that have contributed to the stress and events that triggered our IBS. I know there is for me at least. That is what sparked the summer of seeking the Lord that I shared with Corinne. I feel like I've really sought Him with my whole heart this summer and am getting some answers and comfort concerning long-term issues.

My email address is manyinmans@peoplepc.com. I have added you to my address book. I am also manyinmans on AOL Instant Messenger. I agree with you that it would be difficult for us all to be online at the same time, therefore, I have marked this string as one of my Favorites on "My Home" so I can go immediately to this discussion and add comments and hear what everyone is sharing. That is the best solution I can think of other than setting up our own chat group like on Yahoo called "Christian with IBS" maybe, but then that would limit others who are new to this IBS site from ever finding other believers who are sharing answers and help they are finding in scripture. ---Melinda

#14089 - 07/15/03 01:05 PM
meggie4112

Reged: 07/14/03

hello , i am new to board and was wondering possibly if i have ibs , i was diagonsed 2 yesrs ago with this , i went to the doctor complaining of stomach pains and nausua. i had my gallbalddern checked and was okay , the doctor put me on benytl for pain and phrnergram for nausua, the symptoms went away and just recently came back , i have a lot of gs, pains in my stomach , and nausua, the doctoe this time put me on levisin and protonix, anyone out there that coul offer some advice would be helpful , sin, meggie

#14095 - 07/15/03 02:22 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey meggie! Did you have any other tests besides the gallbladder?

Re: I did it! A great day at the beach!...PTL! Hebrews 13:15 -nt new
      #14103 - 07/15/03 03:57 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

#14105 - 07/15/03 04:08 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Can I just say that is one of my favorite songs?!!

Re: I did it! A great day at the beach!...PTL! Hebrews 13:15 -nt new
      #14106 - 07/15/03 04:10 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I think I will have to put that verse on my fridge. Thanks.

Re: Music for the Heart and Soul new
      #14246 - 07/16/03 04:09 PM
Georgia

Reged: 07/06/03
Loc: Granite City, IL

I love that song, too. Music moves and inspires me, always has. Unfortunately, I've not been able to keep totally abreast of new projects by artists I love because we no longer have a Christian music station in St. Louis. My son goes to school at University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana. When I'm driving there to pick him up I always listen to Springfield's Christian music station. It just makes me feel so much better. I've sung and played drums in a guitar group at our church since I was little. After getting married and the other girls in the group marrying off we have kind of let that slide. I play drums in the group, so as you can tell, I've always been into music. I love 4Him, Kathy Trocolli, Clay Crosse, Michael W. Smith, Billy Sprague, to name a few, so if you know of any new projects that they have done and you think they are good, please let me know. I love the music of Rich Mullins, too. He was an amazing person from everything I've read and seen on him. Anyway, listening to Christian music is so inspirational to me and is a form of prayer for me.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26980

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review