All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: Tired and depressed new
      #13782 - 07/11/03 07:51 AM
busymom

Reged: 06/30/03
Loc: Michigan

Georgia, as a massage therapist, have you considered starting your own business?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#13784 - 07/11/03 07:58 AM
busymom

My email address is manyinmans@peoplepc.com . You can email me and we can discuss any of the things I mentioned in my post. I can tell you how to use a Strong's concordance, an essential Bible study tool. The Bible was written in Hebrew (Old Testament) and Greek (New Testament). Hebrew is one of the most poetic, romantic languages ever spoken. New Testament Greek is one of the most precise languages (it is no longer a spoken language). By using the Strong's concordance you can find the precise meaning of a word used in scripture. English is often inadequate for expressing what God is saying to us. For instance, in Psalm 34 the English word "afflicted" and "poor" is used to describe the person in need of the Lord's comfort, while in Hebrew, the language it was written in, the person is actually "depressed". That sure changed how I looked at the Psalm when I discovered that!

Re: Tired & depressed - busymom & Corinne.... new
      #13785 - 07/11/03 08:01 AM
busymom

Thanks for posting those prayers, KaybeeC. Those are the most powerful prayers! I latched onto those this last year when we studied through the epistles with a Bible study group in our home. I had somehow just read right over them in the past. Praying using the Holy Spirit's own inspired words is powerful prayer!

#13842 - 07/12/03 10:43 AM
Georgia

Reged: 07/06/03
Loc: Granite City, IL

Yes. I was certified in 1994 and quickly hooked up with a prominent chiropractor/acupuncturist who focuses her work on homeopathic treatment. I rented office space from her for 2 years but just couldn't get it off the ground. I was a single parent at the time and had a full time job with the State that offered great benefits and pay. I felt I couldn't give that up so could only work massage in the evenings/weekends. Her office was open M-F only and she kept telling me that she would get me the business if I quit my job and worked out of my massage office fulltime. I didn't feel I could risk not having a solid income and benefits when I had a house payment and a medical high-risk child. So, after 2 years the cost and stress of having the space just became too much and I let it go. I do work on people on an occasional basis. I know that I have a gift from God in healing people thru massage - it's just something I've always done and enjoyed, even before becoming certified. I just don't know if it's something I'm supposed to be doing to make money out of.

Re: Tired & depressed - busymom & Corinne.... new
      #13876 - 07/13/03 03:59 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

You're welcome! I heard Charles Stanley give a message about the Colossians prayer, and he said that we should all find someone to promise to pray that prayer for US! Wish I had time to write more - I've been so blessed by this thread - wish there were some way we could set up an email prayer circle or a round-robin email to share encouraging passages that the Holy Spirit shares with us!

Blessings to all,
Kaybee C

I did it! A great day at the beach! new
      #13887 - 07/13/03 08:56 PM
Corinne

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Thank you all for your wonderful words, scripture and prayers. I did go on the outing yesterday. It was a beautiful day and I had a great time. I managed with absolutely no problems and no worries. Praise God. He is wonderful. The day before I prayed and asked God to send me a sign that He wanted me there. With a beautiful day before, my kids sleeping through the night and no IBS symptoms at all I figured He really wanted me to go. It was wonderful and I can't wait till we can go again. Thank you all for your prayers. They worked. And this morning I helped lead the music at our church again with no trouble at all and felt the Holy Spirit lead me. I was able to harmonize and improvise in ways I never have before (I'm a vocalist) and it was all effortless. The Holy Spirit moved in me today and I had a great day. It's time for me to spend some time with my wonderful husband but I hope to get some time soon to let you know how I am. I will be praying for all of you that you will be blessed with some good days. God Bless.

--------------------
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Re: I did it! A great day at the beach! new
      #13889 - 07/13/03 10:34 PM
Trish

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Australia

Corinne,

I am so glad you had a great day, God is awesome indeed! As I said before I am so glad there are other Christians on this board. It would be great indeed if we could set up a prayer/praise/talk email thing like kaybeec suggested, lets all think about it and see what we can do.

Your sister in Him
Trish

Re: Tired & depressed - Kaybee new
      #13902 - 07/14/03 06:59 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Kaybee I would be up for that idea!

Re: I did it! A great day at the beach! new
      #13966 - 07/14/03 02:38 PM
Corinne

A prayer/praise/talk email thing is a great idea. I'm so glad to have found other Christians here. I'll think on it and see what I can come up with. Thanks again for all your prayers. God truly is wonderful.

God bless you and keep you.

--------------------

Prayer/praise/talk etc new
      #13974 - 07/14/03 03:06 PM
Corinne

My husband suggested we could all meet on MSN messenger. The service is free and we could share our online names. It shows you who in your list is online and then you can chat. We could then arrange a time to meet or just see who we run into while we're online. It's sort of like AOL Instant Messenger.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 328 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26980

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review