All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Re: Books! Books! Books! new
      #135480 - 01/05/05 04:50 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Yes, I agree. Some books are like magazines and you'll only read them once. Others are treasures that you need to hang on to. I've kept all of my books for sentimental value.

I started taking books out of the library again and I'm so glad. Some of them have only been so-so and I'm glad I didn't shell out lots of cash for them. But you're right, the library doesn't get new books in as fast as the stores do.

I will go check out that HSP book though. And if I think it's a keeper, I'll buy it. I was on my lunch break when I went to skim through it. I didn't have much of a chance to find anything meaningful in that short of time.

I'm slacking.... he he

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ME TOO! new
      #135691 - 01/06/05 10:27 AM
LittleLamb

Reged: 07/22/04
Loc: USA

Ok, this is scary!

I can barely watch ice skating/gymnastic events on the olympics because I get so nervous for the competitors! LOL

Ever since I was little I have had to sleep in a dark room - totally dark. My mom thought I was nuts because I put blankets over my windows and hated nightlights. I could hear our neighbor's TV next door (hard of hearing elderly lady) and it made me bananas.

College was really difficult because of the dorm life. I intentionally requested the all girls dorm because it was more calm and quiet than the others. There would be the occaisional craziness though at 3 am that would make my blood boil!

I am really looking forward to getting my own home someday. Renting is difficult - I always feel like I can hear my neighbors and I feel like I am 'surrounded' or something. I want peace, quiet and space!

#135698 - 01/06/05 10:36 AM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

Well, I think I'm the only one on the boards who ISN'T like this!

I do need a dark room to sleep, but my digital clock doesn't bother me.

I LOVE loud music, though lately, with headaches...not so much.

I'm not bothered by noisy places, though I am clausterphobic.

The noise thing when I'm trying to sleep, though, that's true! I need quiet when I sleep!

Re: HSP and kids? new
      #135700 - 01/06/05 10:42 AM
LittleLamb

Reged: 07/22/04
Loc: USA

I know what you mean - I used to worry about this before I became a Mommy.

I have to tell you though that from my experience, when its your own children, it is almost a non-issue. You love them so much that you kind of forget about all that. Sure, sometimes are difficult like when they get sick or misbehave, but they are only temporary. As for discipline, if you are consistent and follow through every time with consequences, you will raise happy, obedient, pleasant children. Children who are not disciplined properly are a mess and a pain to be around.

If you raise your children without TV, music constantly on, or too many toys - they grow to be independent, imaginative and creative children who don't always whine "I'm bored". Children who are given too much become overstimulated and dependent on others for entertainment.

Now, as for other people's children - ugh. I have trouble with this. A friend of mine with 3 children wants to get together all the time - I have to turn her down often. Not only do I get cranky and overwhelmed - but so does my daughter! LOL I guess she is a chip off of the old block. I allow limited playdates for social interaction but I monitor what goes on very carefully and keep the TV OFF. It keeps the mood more calm, I've found.

#135727 - 01/06/05 11:09 AM
Sara-Sage

I hear ya!

Good to know that we're not crazy, huh!?

Re: HSP and kids? new
      #135729 - 01/06/05 11:11 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks for telling me your side of it as a mommy. That's good to know. Not sure if I'll have any kids but it's good to know that if it should happen, I would probably be able to deal with it.

Paula -- I just bought it! new
      #135730 - 01/06/05 11:12 AM
Sara-Sage

Will read it this weekend and see how I like it!

Re: Paula -- I just bought it! new
      #135809 - 01/06/05 02:35 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

Glad you got it. I suspect you're gonna find it really helpful and illuminating.
I actually recommended it to a student today. I have a feeling I'l continue to do that.
I look forward to your reaction.

#135838 - 01/06/05 03:47 PM
Sara-Sage

I think I'll like it too. I'm 100% sure my BF will see the title and say "Oh ya Tina, this book is definitely for you!" he he

#135845 - 01/06/05 03:53 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

My husband is vacationing this week, but I'm itching to tell him about it too.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 97 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20762

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review