All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: This is exactly me! new
      #134520 - 01/02/05 11:17 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

Beth, I also overanalyze everything and can't make the stupidest decisions!! It can be really taxing sometimes...My BF gets so annoyed with me because I will ask him like five times what he meant when he said "OK"!!

Also, I was always nicknamed the "mom" when I lived in the dorms because I was always telling everyone to shut up and clean up!!

--------------------
~Angela

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HSP- are you one? new
      #134539 - 01/03/05 06:09 AM

Unregistered

OMG I didn't read this post till just now, but man that sounds like me too. I've read articles about IBS before and they always tend to think that people with this kind of personality are more prone to IBS because of the anxiety and stress and worry they feel so much of the time.

But anyhow I too get labeled as being shy, but that's not really the case. And especially apparent to me now during the holidays when we have been invited to do stuff like every other day, but I'd rather just stay home by myself and read or something, no matter how much I like the people we'd go to see. It's weird cause I feel like people will think I'm lazy, but it's definitely not that. I'm just happy to be alone like that.

Well thanks for posting this!

Re: OMG, really?! new
      #134542 - 01/03/05 06:30 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Yep, I have complained about every neighbour I've had since moving out on my own, I think. I live in a highrise building now and it's super noisy! It's not built very well and we hear everything.

The day after we moved in the upstairs neighbours started playing super loud music. My BF could tell that it was Metallica and even what song it was. We complained a few times over the first month about them and now they're fine.

The two girls that live downstairs are partiers. They started playing their music loud at 11 pm (and on) in their bedroom which is right below ours. So I made a few complaints over the course of two weeks and they're good too. Mostly.

Now the next door neighbours and very, very bad. They're a young couple that moved here from renting a house. They have no concept of "keeping it down". They LOVE dance music with tons of bass and drive us both batty. I've had to complain about them many, many times. They don't care and keep it up unlike the others. They give us dirty looks when we run into them.

But I have to say that my landlord is very good about it. It's a huge company and they have their own security that handles noise complaints. So every time I make a complaint they have to come and listen. If they hear nothing they have to leave and not do a thing. EVERY TIME they've come they've heard the music from the elevator so they agree with me that it's WAY too loud. Thank goodness!!!

But I am very, very sensitive. There are times when some of these neighbours do play their music but my BF says it's not loud enough to make a complaint. So I have to live with it.

Wow, you're the first person that I have this in common with. Cool! Feel free to share any storied with me. I understand.

The Dorm! new
      #134543 - 01/03/05 06:31 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I used to have to wear these dorky earplugs because I just could not stand all the noise in the dorm! I was so sensitive and had the reputation as the grinch!

When I graduated I thought that life was behind me. Little did I know that apartment life is pretty much the same thing but a little better! UGH. I need my own private home with no neighbors above,below, or next to me. Just my own place!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

P.S. Paula - I love your hair style -nt- new
      #134544 - 01/03/05 06:33 AM
Sara-Sage

It's a deal! new
      #134551 - 01/03/05 07:17 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Yes, so cool to be able to have someone to vent to about living life with rude, insensitive, obnoxious apartment neighbors. You can even email me it you want (it's in my profile). I have moved about a dozen times because I keep thinking the next apartment may be quieter! It's kind of a joke in my family, oh Beth's moving again ! But the next place is always the same thing: noise! UGH!

We both need our own houses! But on my lousy salary that will never happen!

On top of neighbor noise, they are buiding a condo building next door to me so bulldozers and crains and jackhammers are out there every day, even Sat and Sun, at 7am! And across the street, the 2 people leave their yelping dogs out all day. I've called the cops a couple times on them! Everyone must hate me. But is a little quiet too much to ask for? Why can't people just be more respectful, like us?

Okay, I went off on a rampage there! Point of this post is to let you know, yes, let's vent to each other! It feels better to get it out and when complain to other people they just tell me to go live on a desert island alone! They don't understand. Again, they, meaning mostly my family, thinks I have the problem. But then again, they all have their own places and don't have to experience the joys of living with everyone and their friends and families visiting.

Okay, I feel better now. Thanks for listening, sweetie. So much better! Give it to me back whenever you need to, seriously. Don't you think it would make our IBS so much better if we had our own places? I'm totally serious about that question! I sure do!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: P.S. Paula - I love your hair style -nt- new
      #134552 - 01/03/05 07:21 AM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

Guess what- don't have that style anymore. The saga of my hair is neverending; it's straight and thick but very fine, and hard to manage! Right now it's short & layered, but the same reddish. I cut it all off VERY short and am now kinda waffling whether to grow it out again, cause the thing I loved about that hairstyle was, I could just wash & go if I wanted to. Which I miss. I'm going to Italy this summer with 40 HS students and the last thing I'll need is a high-maintanence hair style.
But thanks-- I'll take that as one vote for, yes, grow it out.

#134554 - 01/03/05 07:29 AM
Sara-Sage

Oh, it might be just as nice now. I just love the classic bob, very stylish.

#134557 - 01/03/05 07:31 AM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

Absolutely right, and I'm a classic kind of gal.
Many thanks for the compliment.

Re: It's a deal! new
      #134558 - 01/03/05 07:36 AM
Sara-Sage

Beth,

Yes, my parenst also have that running joke that I move too much and every place is the same. They think it's just me. But I agree with you, if my parents had neighbours who blasted music unexpectantly throughout the week, they'd get upset too!

I want my own home soooooo bad! I have for years. And people tell me to buy a townhome or a duplex. No way! Once I have a home, it can't be connected to anyone else.

My BF says he'll fins me a glass box to hide in. It's a running joke. But seriously, he said if we end up buying a home, we'll have it built with a lot of sound proofing. He wants to have an entertainment room in the basement and he'll sound-proof it so that he can blast music and I won't hear it. Sounds perfect to me!

I know my IBS is better when I get peace and quiet. There's no doubt at all. Noise is a major stressor to me and can upset me greatly.

That's terrible about the construction near you. That would be a bit too much for me. I hope it's over soon!

Hey, you should post a picture! And how old are you? Just curious.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 535 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20765

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review