All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Who knew something so little could make
      #133466 - 12/28/04 09:16 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

SO MUCH NOISE!! OMG!!12:00am!! Rocho is going nuts in his tub thingy!!! Anyone have any suggestions please!! This is worse than a new born!! Holly cow!!! How long will this last??? I am so lost on what the heck to do! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Who knew something so little could make new
      #133479 - 12/29/04 05:41 AM

Unregistered

If you wrap a hot water bottle in a blanket and put it in with them they like that because it makes them feel more secure and like they're not alone. And ticking clocks do the same thing because it reminds them of their mom.

When we got our pup this lasted about a week or so and my brother ended up sleeping next to the crate and as long as she knew she wasn't alone then she'd sleep.

We were so overwhelmed by all the noise she'd make that we almost thought there was no way we could handle it, but before we knew it it was soooo much better. So I guess try and stick it out as best you can and he'll get through it soon enough. Maybe someone else will have some more ideas. Good luck!

Re: Who knew something so little could make new
      #133487 - 12/29/04 06:43 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Thanks hon!! Those are great ideas!! I ended up putting him in the family room and We could hardley hear him so we got some sleep!! He is so cute I can hardley stand it!! Milo is starting to warm up to him!! LOL
Thanks hon!!

--------------------
Heather7476

LOL new
      #133591 - 12/29/04 12:17 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Isn't it fun when they cry all night??? LOL. Jk!
Rocco is still pretty bad about sleeping the whole night, we still get up at least once to take him out! Emeril is great at night, has never cried once....I swear this is good training for having a baby! The first few nights with Rocco were kind of a slap in the face! I kept thinking, 'And this is only a dog!'...

Rocco sleeps much better if the kennel is covered in a blanket (only the door is not covered). We put a pillow from our bed in there now, and in the beginning I put some article of clothing of mine in there with him so he could smell me...(make sure it's something you don't LOVE).

Also - we put a clock wrapped in a towel - the ticking noise resembles their mom's heartbeat, it can calm them.

--------------------
~Cara~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1901 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 744

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review