All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Dinner in NY-- Jan. 8th
      #133256 - 12/27/04 07:56 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

OK, so Tommy1976 and I have been conspiring (conspiring? planning?) to meet up in NY while I'm there, and the invitation is graciously and officially extended to whomever wants to join up with us and have a nice dinner.

We were planing to meet on Saturday, Jan 8th at 7:30pm at O'Neill's on 3rd Avenue (here's their web page)! There's a complete menu online (I'm partial to the smoked salmon appetizer, but that's just me )! They have some nice, traditional selections. I've been there only once before but they were very forgiving that I wanted my meal cooked without butter, etc., so I'm hoping one or more of our more daring board memebers might want to mosey on down and meet up there!

Ahem! Sheri01, LauraSue, Sara-Sage, AmandaPanda and daliatree!

I'll actually be in NY for most of that week, moving boxes and walking around Astoria/Queens trying to find grocery stores with my friend who's gone and gotten herself her dream job there. Lucky girl, I say!

Anywho, just look for the blonde tall salmon-munching girl with the pile of imodium in her lap napkin. Maybe I'll make a nametag that sez Hello, my name is Nelly. My dinner companion will be Tommy1976, and the subjects selected for conversation will include baseball, how many meds do you take, what do you think is in this, and NY life in general. New topic suggestions are welcomed and encouraged!

Sound like a plan? It might be nice for some if us who weren't able to make it to Las Vegas to get together and chill out.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

OoOOOOhhh! Count me in! new
      #133278 - 12/27/04 09:24 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I'll be there! Will be bringing BF (Chris). We are getting along GREAT now, so he will have fun. I wouldn't venture that far on my own, I am not used to traveling by myself, anfd he knows the NY area very well from living in Newark, North Jersey for school.
As long as no one minds! I know that TOmmy may want all the lovely ladies to himself and not have to share...

I know nothing about baseball, but I will definatley chat about what meds I am on, and what do you think is in this?! And whatever else may come up. if SS comes, I am sure that the conversation would turn alittle wild!

--------------------
-Sheri

Edited by Sheri01 (12/27/04 09:31 PM)

Re: Dinner in NY-- Jan. 8th new
      #133281 - 12/27/04 09:32 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

this is so exciting!! I would love to come! so are hubbys etc allowed?

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: Dinner in NY-- Jan. 8th - ahem menu.... new
      #133282 - 12/27/04 09:34 PM
daliatree

Sweet Nelly, please don't be offended, butttttt....I just looked at the menu and its kind of IBS challenging...don't you think it would be better if we went Italian or something?? Don't want to spoil your plan or anything...I know it wasn't originally my idea so if you and Tommy want to go there I of course will still come...just an idea!

--------------------

#133284 - 12/27/04 09:38 PM
daliatree

actually hubby says he doesn't want to come - wants to let me free on my ibs friends...yay!!

--------------------

hahaha new
      #133285 - 12/27/04 09:40 PM
Sheri01

I was gonna post a comment about the food, too Dalia! But regardless, even if I sneak my own food in I will be happy to share everyone;s company.
it does look like a couple of the chicken dishes can be modified, my main problem is being vegetarian, but worst case scenerio I would get a salad and some bread if I am feeling stable enough (I do well with salad when I have been good)

--------------------
-Sheri

#133286 - 12/27/04 09:43 PM
Sheri01

If i didn't live so far and if I knew the city better I would leave BF around, but the only way he is not going is if he brings a buddy and they go next door And that would just be plain silly. If no one is bring BF or hubby I may think of a new plan though, I don't want to have him feel awkward!
yay for Dalia being free!

--------------------
-Sheri

Put me down as a maybe new
      #133289 - 12/27/04 09:50 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I'm going to see a show that night, but I might be able to catch up with you guys later
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: OoOOOOhhh! Count me in! new
      #133298 - 12/28/04 03:26 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Ladies,ladies, ladies I learned to share in kindgergarten, I can certainly share even now. The real question is do you guys want to share me with anyone else? Just kidding.

I just want to say Nelly did a geat job of posting and planning this little shindig. Thanks again Nel.

Topics for conversation can be pretty broad. Juts as they said in a pub scene from the movie "Sleepers" no religion, no politics Anything else is fair game, like how many losses my Mets will have this year, the odds on how many IBS attacks I will have this year, and how much Immodium you go through in a month. Oh if Nelly is the tall blond, I will be the good looking guy with the short brown hair and goatee next to her trying to wrestle Immodium out of her hand. We'll be easy to spot!

Now, I know some of you have concerns about the menu. I can certainly find another place in that general area. Is that what you guys would like me to do? Is not that much of a problem. I just figured since it was in a good area and easy to get to that it might be an ideal spot. But, I certainly want people to feel comfortable. So let me know what you guys would like me to do

--------------------

Tommy... new
      #133300 - 12/28/04 05:30 AM
daliatree

Hey there! Tommy, does it matter if I know nothing about the mets (tee hee hee :-))???!!
The priority for me is the company, not the food...and it is in an easy place to get to...I find Italian easiest on the belly, but really not fussy - just want to chill out and have a laugh!

--------------------

Alt. restaurant for Dinner in NY-- Jan. 8th new
      #133301 - 12/28/04 05:32 AM
TommyNY

Hey guys check out the website for this restaurant called Connolly's and let me know what you think. Connolly's Restaurant

Nelly, this place has the smoked salmon appetizer you SO desire...

Ladies let me know what you think...

--------------------

Re: Alt. restaurant for Dinner in NY-- Jan. 8th new
      #133302 - 12/28/04 05:54 AM
daliatree

that looks great! something for everyone methinks! :-) thanks Tommy

--------------------

NEW Restaurant Location-- Jan. 8th new
      #133314 - 12/28/04 07:30 AM
TommyNY

Okay, Connolly's seems to have a more "IBS Friendly" menu than O'Neill's. We will be going to the Connolly's on 14 East 47th Street between 5th and Madison. It will still be on Saturday January 8th at 7:30pm.

As the date approaches I will need to get a headcount so I can make reservations. Lets say, Thursday, January 6th. So far the only definintes are Nelly, Daliatree, Sheri +1, and little ole me.

Lets see how dinner goes and maybe as I promised Nelly, I will take you guys on a little pubcrawl around the area!

--------------------

I WISH......maybe in a few months though??? new
      #133318 - 12/28/04 07:39 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ooohhhhhh why can't I live 2 hours away? I sooooo wish I could just jump in my car and go there! You guys are so lucky to live so close to each other!

You need to take pics and post them. If I could afford it, I would be there as I really want to meet everyone that's going!

Maybe some other time in the spring or summer? I have been DYING to go to NYC!

Big sigh....................

** Update. I just checked the flights and they aren't too expensive. So I would be able to do it in a few months. WOW!!!!! I would just need to find a decent price on a hotel.

Re: I WISH! new
      #133321 - 12/28/04 07:49 AM
TommyNY

ahhh Tina. I'm sorry you caan't make it. I completely understand though. Hey Nelly, you have a digital camera? Tina, don't worry we'll make sure we take the pictures before any beers start flowing. Then again pictures of me drinking a few always turn out to be fun!

Tina, Spring or Summer is fine. I'm always here for the most part. You just let me know when you want to come down and we'll set another IBS Friendly dinner up.

--------------------

#133322 - 12/28/04 07:51 AM
Sara-Sage

Please do take pics.

I would LOVE to come down but it's kinda far for me. That would be amazing if we could all meet up in the spring or summer. I would LOVE THAT!!!!!!

Thanks!

And I hope you guys have a blast.

#133325 - 12/28/04 08:02 AM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

Hey, it's only a nine hour drive!...

heh, if I had a license, a car, money, and time off from highschool, I'd so be there!

Lots and lots of pics!

Re: I WISH......maybe in a few months though??? new
      #133328 - 12/28/04 08:08 AM
Sheri01

Awwww! I thought maybe you were closer to NY, the way nelly was talkin'. Maybe we can all do like a weekend or something in the summertime! We could stay out ALLL night on the town . I would find a hotel to stay over this time, but just too much $$ for me right now.

Sorry to hear you won't make it., but we'll get ya next time!

--------------------
-Sheri

Summer Sprawl new
      #133329 - 12/28/04 08:12 AM

Unregistered

I was just up there and it's a bit of a commute for me but if you all planned something in the summer for a weekend I would totally try to make it up there. Plus, I'm hoping that I'll get a job up there over the summer.

You all try not to have TOO much fun

Mags, LS, ya out there??? new
      #133332 - 12/28/04 08:15 AM
Sheri01

Hear that LS, we are coming to your town! You going?

hey Mags, if you are free maybe us Jersey gals can carpool! We *had* talked about meeting up before! And then we wouldn't have to worry about traveling alone and could leave the boys at home Or we could bring them both along, if they promise to be good

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Mags, LS, ya out there??? new
      #133360 - 12/28/04 09:53 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey Sheri! Thanks for sending me the email to let me know about this. Unfortunately, I already have plans that weekend so I can't make it. But, if it happens another time, let me know and hopefully I can do it. I'd love to meet up for dinner! Or even if you want to ever meet up in this area sometime for dinner, let me know too.

#133406 - 12/28/04 02:25 PM
Nelly

I'll bring my digital camera!! I'm also up for something else Springtime or Summer. I can't wait to meet some fellow IBS-ers! I'd love to meet more, too!

~nelly~

Yea!!! AP!! new
      #133408 - 12/28/04 02:27 PM
Nelly

Sounds great!! What show are you seeing? I tried to get tix for Wicked (the Witches of Oz play) but they're SOLD OUT til January 19th!!

~nelly~

Guests welcome, I say...! new
      #133409 - 12/28/04 02:30 PM
Nelly

Sure, why not bring other guests? It'd probably set their minds at rest, anyway! I might schlep my friend over, too, if she's interested! I wouldn't mind getting a big group, if we can!

~nelly~

Re: OoOOOOhhh! Count me in! new
      #133410 - 12/28/04 02:36 PM
Nelly

ANYTHING to make everybody comfortable!! It's ironic anyway that IBS-res would have a meeting in a restaurant, of all places!!!!?!

I think one of the topics of convo should be "What kind of snacks did you bring with you, just in case you couldn't eat anything??"

Hey, I'm way loking forward to this, no matter what kind of group we get, or what we pick at on our plates! And big thanks to Tommy for doing the hard restaurant research!!! I'm going to finalize my flights and such, and post back at the top when I'm all set!!

~nelly~

Re: Sheri01... new
      #133424 - 12/28/04 04:36 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Hey why don't you swing by and pick me up! I'm only two hrs from you!! Of course, you'd have to let a non EAGLE'S fan in your car
No seriously, I wouldn't be able to make it. My husband would have heart failure if I told him I was going. Ya know the girl who cut the baby out of the other girls tummy met each other on-line selling a dog He'd tell me that it's not safe! He just doesn't understand my IBS friends are not like that!!!! We talk about poop and stuff. How un exciting is that???!?!?!
You guys have a great time and please, please send us lots of pictures. You guys will have a blast! I haven't been to NY since I was little. I know I'd enjoy it now as an adult. I'll keep my fingers crossed for no SNOW!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#133427 - 12/28/04 04:53 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I'm jealous.. have fun and enjoy one of my favorite places... BTW: if you are in the city Fri- its a great place to go on NY eve and avoid the time square madness- still zooey, but not as bad- or at least it used to be.. I have great memories of several NYE's spent there among other visits... but I'm in MI and will be here until the 13th then off to see my NJ/NY family at my folks in Atlanta.. next visit to the NY area won't be until May- to see my cousins new baby and my sister get her Masters!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Sheri01... new
      #133435 - 12/28/04 05:56 PM
Nelly

Bring your hubby, LilSis!! I totally get watching each others' backs! Think of it as a night out with your sig other, only that you'll meet some interesting people with shared experiences while you're enjoying yourself at the bar.

Seriously, hubby will enjoy us! And he can look back on this weekend in 5 years and he can say that maybe he sat in front of the TV but he's not sure cause it was such a long time ago, OR that he and his wife went out for a memorable evening in the city that never sleeps.

~nelly~

UPDATE: Dinner in NY-- Jan. 8th new
      #133439 - 12/28/04 06:14 PM
Nelly

So the latest update is that Tommy1976, Sheri01 and I are going to be meeting up, plus anyone else who shows up(!) at Connolly's Pub and Restaurant on 14 East 47th Street (between 5th and Madison) on Saturday January 8th at 7:30pm! Fine Irish food (or just soda crackers!) and friends! Sounds great! Their address:

14 East 47th St.
Tel: 212-867-3767
Connolly's website

If anybody wants to come, please join in! And feel free to bring spouses, lovers, lover wanna-bes, brothers, sisters, parents, policemen and digital cameras. It looks like four or five of us will be there so far, I think, including guests. The more the merrier!

I just bought my tickets to NY from DC btw, in case anyone out there thinks it can't be done! Tee heee! I got mine for $121, w/tax, and it seems prices are hovering around that mark.

Um, I'm not sure I have anything to add, except I'm really excited about being in NY, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of the great people who have really contributed to making my life easier in this last year...!

~nelly~

#133488 - 12/29/04 06:48 AM
Sara-Sage

Ya, I think if we planned something for the spring or summer then way more of us could go out of our way to come. It would be a blast!

Re: UPDATE: Dinner in NY-- Jan. 8th new
      #133490 - 12/29/04 06:51 AM
Sara-Sage

I just looked at the restaurant menu and have to say that you guys are brave. It seems like there's a lot of bar food that is fried. Be careful you guys! You don't want to have to fight each other for the bathroom!

LOL! Bathroom fight! new
      #133501 - 12/29/04 07:28 AM
Nelly

LOL! I think the waiter will know everybody in our party, cos it will be all the people who ask for directions to the bathroom as soon as they walk through the door!!

~nelly~

#133503 - 12/29/04 07:32 AM
TommyNY

Tina we'll be ok I think. I know they are pretty good when it comes to modifying certain dishes to meet IBS needs or at least they were the last time I was there. They're Irish so they are VERY nice.

BTW, one of my criteria for choosing the restaurant is cleanliness of the bathroom. I have been to this restaurant a number of times and they have nice facilities.

In fact this is the bathroom rating as per MurphGuide (a website that tells you all you want to know about NYC bars)

Bar Address Atmosphere Decor Service Bathroom
Connolly's
(Avg. of 4 reviews) 14 E. 47th St. (between 5th & Madison Ave.) 7.5 (for Bathroom Cleanliness)

--------------------

LOL! You New Yorkers think of everything!! new
      #133504 - 12/29/04 07:34 AM
Nelly

I have NEVER seen a bathroom rating scale. Brilliant. Pure genius.

~nelly~

Re: LOL! You New Yorkers think of everything!! new
      #133505 - 12/29/04 07:39 AM
TommyNY

Hey, just leave it all to Tommyboy. You'll be in good hands with me. If things get out of hang, we have the Grand Hyatt hotel at Grand Central Terminal (3 minute cabride/10 minute walk) with PHENOMENAL facilities!

My new book "Everything you wanted to know about NYC Pubs and IBS" comes out in March, just in time for St. Patrick's Day. Special autographed roll of toilet paper and sample pack of Immodium included!

--------------------

Oh no now I have to report you... new
      #133508 - 12/29/04 07:50 AM
Nelly

to Heather for spamming and selling a product!! Unless you give me a free copy signed by the author, of course.

~nelly~

Re: Oh no now I have to report you... new
      #133510 - 12/29/04 07:54 AM
TommyNY

Anyone that actually comes to NY will get a free signed copy!! Nelly gets the special edition copy because she makes me laugh all the time!

--------------------

#133535 - 12/29/04 09:04 AM
Sara-Sage

Ha, ha, that's so funny. I guess a clean bathroom is so important so us IBS-ers!

Enjoy!

Re: LOL! Bathroom fight! new
      #133536 - 12/29/04 09:06 AM
Sara-Sage

Ha, ha. I can just imagine what a riot it will be with a full table of IBS people. And nerves on top of that from meeting each other for the first time.

I'm almost nervous just thinking about it.

Eating with other IBSers was interesting! new
      #133544 - 12/29/04 09:46 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

Ha, ha. I can just imagine what a riot it will be with a full table of IBS people. And nerves on top of that from meeting each other for the first time.

I'm almost nervous just thinking about it.

In Las Vegas, I actually found myself eating more bad things because I knew I had a support group right there for when I wasn't feeling good later! Plus, it was relaxing to know that nobody looked at you funny at the table when you had to make 15 specifications about your order.

When we all had our first meal together at the lunch buffet, I remember sitting there thinking, "Wow.. everybody's plates consist of potatoes, rice, and chicken - just like mine!" It was a very surreal and funny realization.

--------------------
- Jennifer

I'll be there.... new
      #133552 - 12/29/04 10:06 AM
daliatree

Hey people...I am coming to! :-) Can I bring anyone luna bars?

--------------------

Re: Eating with other IBSers was interesting! new
      #133555 - 12/29/04 10:16 AM
Sara-Sage

That's hilarious Jennifer! I can't imagine that.

Yes please!!! new
      #133593 - 12/29/04 12:19 PM
Nelly

Oh yes! I've never had them before! Could you bring me one so I could try it?? One of your favorites??

~nelly~

#133597 - 12/29/04 12:22 PM
Nelly

I'm a little nervous myself...! And that would be funny, JR!!! Yeah, table seven wants 5 chicken breasts, no nothing. And they're all taking pills. You gotta see this.

~nelly~

#133614 - 12/29/04 12:57 PM
Sara-Sage

Ha ha. It will be interesting. I can't wait until you guys get back!

Re: Yes please!!! new
      #133654 - 12/29/04 03:05 PM
daliatree

Yay...it will be my pleasure..but I know you are sensitive to smells and tastes so tell me what you like: my favourite ones are the zesty ones - lemon, or lime, or orange - but then there is peppermint stick which is chocolatey, and there is chocolate pecan pie which is pretty good...there is dulce de leche which is kind of marshmellowy...let me know! :-)

--------------------

Oooo... new
      #133687 - 12/29/04 05:32 PM
Nelly

Wow, what a selection! How about the dulce de leche? I like marshmallowy!

~nelly~

Re: Oooo... new
      #133695 - 12/29/04 06:13 PM
daliatree

you got it sweetie...I hope it doesn't set off your extra amazing sense of smell/taste!! that can be your dessert unless you are feeling extraspecially naughty ibs wise that night and order a real one!!

--------------------

#133696 - 12/29/04 06:15 PM
daliatree

hahahahhaha..I was just speaking about this with hubby tonight...we went out for dinner and I am so curious about what it is going to be like to sit at a table with other ibsers...usually I am the only one with the bread and crackers and luna bars in my bag (people must wonder why I always carry such a huge bag!)...I've known others with ibs, but nowhere near as bad as ours, so they never really monitored their diet...this is going to be interesting!

--------------------

Re: Nelly... new
      #133697 - 12/29/04 06:18 PM
LittleLisa

As much as I'd love to attend, it just won't happen. You single, or kid free folks go and have yourselves a blast. Us married w/kids will stay home and wish we were there! (I think everyone going is kidless right???) Anyway, thanks for the warm invite but fill me in on all the details when ya'll return!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

I'll bring my fav, too Nelly! new
      #133751 - 12/30/04 06:47 AM
Sheri01

My favorite is Nutz over Choclate, is that ok with you? I tried Dulche de LEche and didn't like it, but most people on the boards say they love it. I thought it was too sweet. I also like Smores, so they taste a little marshmallowy. I like Lemon Zest, but they are pretty sweet, too.

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Mags, LS, ya out there??? new
      #133752 - 12/30/04 06:49 AM
Sheri01

Aww, that stinks Yeah, it is short notice.
Yeah, we will have to get together at a place around here sometime! Maybe a sushi place or something.... YUM!
Well, if you like Japanese food.

--------------------
-Sheri

LittleLis... new
      #133755 - 12/30/04 06:59 AM
Sheri01

only two hours! It only takes a little longer than that for me to get to NYC, I would double my travel time
yeah, get hubby to go too! tell him that you are DYING to go back to NYC! It is ok to meet people from the interent in public places, especially when it is nowhere around where you live!
Maybe you can work on him if we do get a summer thing together.
Luckily my BF is open to this sort of thing. One of his exgirlfriends in college he met over the internet. And, we have spent weekends on getaways with people on his forums. They have one huge get together once every fall, and there are THOUSANDS of people that go from all over the country and some from Canada. A couple of the people live right in our area and we hang out with them every couple of weekends. Others that live in the NY/PA area we see every couple of months.
not, trying to pressure you , though...
Oh, and I am not an insane Eagles fan, I have to confess that I have barely watched any games this season, been to busy at nights and on weekends, and I have been prioritizing other things first. And I never discriminate based on football affiliation! That would just be plain silly, seeing how I know barely anything about it (but I am learning!)

--------------------
-Sheri

New York New York.. new
      #133773 - 12/30/04 08:28 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I would love to come too!

I am very impressed with your penchant for Irish restaurants too! I had the yummiest smoked salmon at home over Christmas, its just so more-ish though!

Nel- where will you be in Astoria? I lived at 28-19 46th St for a summer, it was near Steinway (sp?) on the G train I think. BF lived in Sunnyside in Queens- 47-49 48th St,
NY always makes me nostalgic for that time. (1997)

--------------------
S.

Are you coming!?! new
      #133774 - 12/30/04 08:29 AM
Sheri01

That would be so awesome!

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: New York New York.. new
      #133780 - 12/30/04 08:41 AM
Nelly

I'm going to be on Ditmars Ave., like 4 blocks from Steinway!!! So funny that you lived so close!! Hey, since you know the neighborhood so well, why don't you drop on by and we can compare traditional Irish fare with Irish-American?? We'll set a place for you!!

~nely~

Re: I'll bring my fav, too Nelly! new
      #133782 - 12/30/04 08:45 AM
Nelly

OK now THAT sounds like fun!! Sample tasting luna bars!! What could be better??

As for the sense of smell, it gets overwhelmed by the restaurant atmosphere, with all the cooking, preparing and cleaning going on! If I get overpowered by a smell tho, I'll usually stick my nose into a glass of water or something and take deep breaths, and that usually calms it down!

Too bad we don't have a biigger group, we could get sponsorship...! The NY Meeting, brought to you by... LUNA!

~nelly~

Re: Nelly... new
      #133783 - 12/30/04 08:48 AM
Nelly

Aw, hate to have you miss it... We'll take loads of pictures and notes and report back on the boards, asap!!

~nelly~

#133787 - 12/30/04 08:52 AM
cailin

I would soo love to come. I reckon I will make NY in the next 18 months or so (I was there summer of 97 and for short return trips in 1999 and 2002)
If I get there I will expect you ALL to show up and show me a good time.

Nelly- your smoked salmon should come with lettuce, tomato and wedges of lemon and brown soda bread and butter....mmmm!

OK guys, I had better plan this year's holiday first!

--------------------
S.

Whenever you're in town!!! new
      #133799 - 12/30/04 09:01 AM
Nelly

Let us all know when you're planning to head our way!!! I'd love to show you DC (Nelly's excellent tour of DC!) the next time you're stateside!!!

(I'll mention something to the waiter if I don't see those sides!!!)

~nelly~

#133802 - 12/30/04 09:07 AM
TommyNY

I love to hear all of this talk about my home borough!! Sunnyside, I had some AWESOME times in Sunnyside at Sidetracks, Blooms, and The Orchard. All pubs of course for those of you not familiar with the names.

Never really hung out in Astoria but I know it has some really fun places.

If you make the voyage from Ireland again, I will definitely be here. Don't see myself moving out of NY anytime soon!

--------------------

#133893 - 12/30/04 07:39 PM
daliatree

hhahahaha...I am so excited to be with other ibsers!! its going to be so weird and fun! so sheri, are you definetly coming??? :-) aaaaaahhhh...I must admit I am a bit nervous!

--------------------

#133896 - 12/30/04 07:52 PM
Nelly

I am nervous too! But I think it'll be a lot of fun too! I think it is going to be the highlight of my NY trip!!

Oh yeah guess what!! I get to get out of going to this annoying girl's baby shower too, because it's on that same Saturday! Yeaaaaa!!!!!

~nelly~

#133916 - 12/31/04 01:44 AM
cailin

OMG Sidetracks! I had completely forgotten about that place, we lived really near there. We used to go to Mary Willie's and Maggie Mae's in Woodside and Copperface Jacks (called after Dublin's worst nightclub.

There was a great little diner on Queens Boulevard called "Crete" that we kept in business thanks to their Irish breakfasts (ridiculously unIBS safe)

See you all next year or the year after!
Happy days!

--------------------
S.

Of course, Dalia! new
      #133973 - 12/31/04 08:41 AM
Sheri01

And I have to admit that I am alittle nervous, too. I get nervous over EVERYTHING, I had REALLY bad anxiety when i was younger, but I outgrew most of it, but still get the twinges. It doesn't affect me as much now cause I still DO things when I am nervous, when before I used to bail out on everything.

I am ready for a road trip, too! Atleast I am not too nervous about going all the way to NY since Chris (BF) will be with me!

can't wait to see ya all there!

--------------------
-Sheri

SECOND UPDATE: Dinner in NY-- Jan. 8th new
      #134025 - 12/31/04 01:50 PM
Nelly

Hello All!

So it looks like it's Tommy1976, Sheri01 plus guest, me plus guest, and Daliatree! Yeaaaaa! Everybody check your calendars and see if you can join us! 7:30pm at Connolley's on East 47th St:

14 East 47th St.
Tel: 212-867-3767
Connolly's website

Everybody have a Happy New Year, and we'll pick up this thread when we all come back!!!

~nelly~

I'll be with all you guys.................. new
      #134032 - 12/31/04 01:58 PM
Sara-Sage

...................................in spirit!

Re: I'll be with all you guys.................. new
      #134034 - 12/31/04 02:01 PM
LittleLisa

Me too!!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 89 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23359

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review