All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: Mags, LS, ya out there??? new
      #133360 - 12/28/04 09:53 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey Sheri! Thanks for sending me the email to let me know about this. Unfortunately, I already have plans that weekend so I can't make it. But, if it happens another time, let me know and hopefully I can do it. I'd love to meet up for dinner! Or even if you want to ever meet up in this area sometime for dinner, let me know too.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I WISH! new
      #133406 - 12/28/04 02:25 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'll bring my digital camera!! I'm also up for something else Springtime or Summer. I can't wait to meet some fellow IBS-ers! I'd love to meet more, too!

~nelly~

Yea!!! AP!! new
      #133408 - 12/28/04 02:27 PM
Nelly

Sounds great!! What show are you seeing? I tried to get tix for Wicked (the Witches of Oz play) but they're SOLD OUT til January 19th!!

~nelly~

Guests welcome, I say...! new
      #133409 - 12/28/04 02:30 PM
Nelly

Sure, why not bring other guests? It'd probably set their minds at rest, anyway! I might schlep my friend over, too, if she's interested! I wouldn't mind getting a big group, if we can!

~nelly~

Re: OoOOOOhhh! Count me in! new
      #133410 - 12/28/04 02:36 PM
Nelly

ANYTHING to make everybody comfortable!! It's ironic anyway that IBS-res would have a meeting in a restaurant, of all places!!!!?!

I think one of the topics of convo should be "What kind of snacks did you bring with you, just in case you couldn't eat anything??"

Hey, I'm way loking forward to this, no matter what kind of group we get, or what we pick at on our plates! And big thanks to Tommy for doing the hard restaurant research!!! I'm going to finalize my flights and such, and post back at the top when I'm all set!!

~nelly~

Re: Sheri01... new
      #133424 - 12/28/04 04:36 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Hey why don't you swing by and pick me up! I'm only two hrs from you!! Of course, you'd have to let a non EAGLE'S fan in your car
No seriously, I wouldn't be able to make it. My husband would have heart failure if I told him I was going. Ya know the girl who cut the baby out of the other girls tummy met each other on-line selling a dog He'd tell me that it's not safe! He just doesn't understand my IBS friends are not like that!!!! We talk about poop and stuff. How un exciting is that???!?!?!
You guys have a great time and please, please send us lots of pictures. You guys will have a blast! I haven't been to NY since I was little. I know I'd enjoy it now as an adult. I'll keep my fingers crossed for no SNOW!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Dinner in NY-- Jan. 8th new
      #133427 - 12/28/04 04:53 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I'm jealous.. have fun and enjoy one of my favorite places... BTW: if you are in the city Fri- its a great place to go on NY eve and avoid the time square madness- still zooey, but not as bad- or at least it used to be.. I have great memories of several NYE's spent there among other visits... but I'm in MI and will be here until the 13th then off to see my NJ/NY family at my folks in Atlanta.. next visit to the NY area won't be until May- to see my cousins new baby and my sister get her Masters!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Sheri01... new
      #133435 - 12/28/04 05:56 PM
Nelly

Bring your hubby, LilSis!! I totally get watching each others' backs! Think of it as a night out with your sig other, only that you'll meet some interesting people with shared experiences while you're enjoying yourself at the bar.

Seriously, hubby will enjoy us! And he can look back on this weekend in 5 years and he can say that maybe he sat in front of the TV but he's not sure cause it was such a long time ago, OR that he and his wife went out for a memorable evening in the city that never sleeps.

~nelly~

UPDATE: Dinner in NY-- Jan. 8th new
      #133439 - 12/28/04 06:14 PM
Nelly

So the latest update is that Tommy1976, Sheri01 and I are going to be meeting up, plus anyone else who shows up(!) at Connolly's Pub and Restaurant on 14 East 47th Street (between 5th and Madison) on Saturday January 8th at 7:30pm! Fine Irish food (or just soda crackers!) and friends! Sounds great! Their address:

14 East 47th St.
Tel: 212-867-3767
Connolly's website

If anybody wants to come, please join in! And feel free to bring spouses, lovers, lover wanna-bes, brothers, sisters, parents, policemen and digital cameras. It looks like four or five of us will be there so far, I think, including guests. The more the merrier!

I just bought my tickets to NY from DC btw, in case anyone out there thinks it can't be done! Tee heee! I got mine for $121, w/tax, and it seems prices are hovering around that mark.

Um, I'm not sure I have anything to add, except I'm really excited about being in NY, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of the great people who have really contributed to making my life easier in this last year...!

~nelly~

Re: I WISH! new
      #133488 - 12/29/04 06:48 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ya, I think if we planned something for the spring or summer then way more of us could go out of our way to come. It would be a blast!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 595 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23663

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review