All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Dinner in NY-- Jan. 8th
      #133256 - 12/27/04 07:56 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

OK, so Tommy1976 and I have been conspiring (conspiring? planning?) to meet up in NY while I'm there, and the invitation is graciously and officially extended to whomever wants to join up with us and have a nice dinner.

We were planing to meet on Saturday, Jan 8th at 7:30pm at O'Neill's on 3rd Avenue (here's their web page)! There's a complete menu online (I'm partial to the smoked salmon appetizer, but that's just me )! They have some nice, traditional selections. I've been there only once before but they were very forgiving that I wanted my meal cooked without butter, etc., so I'm hoping one or more of our more daring board memebers might want to mosey on down and meet up there!

Ahem! Sheri01, LauraSue, Sara-Sage, AmandaPanda and daliatree!

I'll actually be in NY for most of that week, moving boxes and walking around Astoria/Queens trying to find grocery stores with my friend who's gone and gotten herself her dream job there. Lucky girl, I say!

Anywho, just look for the blonde tall salmon-munching girl with the pile of imodium in her lap napkin. Maybe I'll make a nametag that sez Hello, my name is Nelly. My dinner companion will be Tommy1976, and the subjects selected for conversation will include baseball, how many meds do you take, what do you think is in this, and NY life in general. New topic suggestions are welcomed and encouraged!

Sound like a plan? It might be nice for some if us who weren't able to make it to Las Vegas to get together and chill out.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

OoOOOOhhh! Count me in! new
      #133278 - 12/27/04 09:24 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I'll be there! Will be bringing BF (Chris). We are getting along GREAT now, so he will have fun. I wouldn't venture that far on my own, I am not used to traveling by myself, anfd he knows the NY area very well from living in Newark, North Jersey for school.
As long as no one minds! I know that TOmmy may want all the lovely ladies to himself and not have to share...

I know nothing about baseball, but I will definatley chat about what meds I am on, and what do you think is in this?! And whatever else may come up. if SS comes, I am sure that the conversation would turn alittle wild!

--------------------
-Sheri

Edited by Sheri01 (12/27/04 09:31 PM)

Re: Dinner in NY-- Jan. 8th new
      #133281 - 12/27/04 09:32 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

this is so exciting!! I would love to come! so are hubbys etc allowed?

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: Dinner in NY-- Jan. 8th - ahem menu.... new
      #133282 - 12/27/04 09:34 PM
daliatree

Sweet Nelly, please don't be offended, butttttt....I just looked at the menu and its kind of IBS challenging...don't you think it would be better if we went Italian or something?? Don't want to spoil your plan or anything...I know it wasn't originally my idea so if you and Tommy want to go there I of course will still come...just an idea!

--------------------

#133284 - 12/27/04 09:38 PM
daliatree

actually hubby says he doesn't want to come - wants to let me free on my ibs friends...yay!!

--------------------

hahaha new
      #133285 - 12/27/04 09:40 PM
Sheri01

I was gonna post a comment about the food, too Dalia! But regardless, even if I sneak my own food in I will be happy to share everyone;s company.
it does look like a couple of the chicken dishes can be modified, my main problem is being vegetarian, but worst case scenerio I would get a salad and some bread if I am feeling stable enough (I do well with salad when I have been good)

--------------------
-Sheri

#133286 - 12/27/04 09:43 PM
Sheri01

If i didn't live so far and if I knew the city better I would leave BF around, but the only way he is not going is if he brings a buddy and they go next door And that would just be plain silly. If no one is bring BF or hubby I may think of a new plan though, I don't want to have him feel awkward!
yay for Dalia being free!

--------------------
-Sheri

Put me down as a maybe new
      #133289 - 12/27/04 09:50 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I'm going to see a show that night, but I might be able to catch up with you guys later
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: OoOOOOhhh! Count me in! new
      #133298 - 12/28/04 03:26 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Ladies,ladies, ladies I learned to share in kindgergarten, I can certainly share even now. The real question is do you guys want to share me with anyone else? Just kidding.

I just want to say Nelly did a geat job of posting and planning this little shindig. Thanks again Nel.

Topics for conversation can be pretty broad. Juts as they said in a pub scene from the movie "Sleepers" no religion, no politics Anything else is fair game, like how many losses my Mets will have this year, the odds on how many IBS attacks I will have this year, and how much Immodium you go through in a month. Oh if Nelly is the tall blond, I will be the good looking guy with the short brown hair and goatee next to her trying to wrestle Immodium out of her hand. We'll be easy to spot!

Now, I know some of you have concerns about the menu. I can certainly find another place in that general area. Is that what you guys would like me to do? Is not that much of a problem. I just figured since it was in a good area and easy to get to that it might be an ideal spot. But, I certainly want people to feel comfortable. So let me know what you guys would like me to do

--------------------

Tommy...
      #133300 - 12/28/04 05:30 AM
daliatree

Hey there! Tommy, does it matter if I know nothing about the mets (tee hee hee :-))???!!
The priority for me is the company, not the food...and it is in an easy place to get to...I find Italian easiest on the belly, but really not fussy - just want to chill out and have a laugh!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 128 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23359

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review