All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Wishing I could jump off a bridge right now.....
      #130595 - 12/15/04 12:46 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hi everyone. Sorry to dump on you all and I feel bad cause I know a lot of you have really serious problems right now but I'm really ready to jump off a cliff. It feels like since I started this diet I've gotten worse not better at all. I've gone from an A to passing water every day at least twice if not more often (sorry if too graphic). I can't deal with my kids, I'm dreading christmas, I can't sleep and I can't eat anything as even plain rice is going straight through. I'm eating at least 3 immodium on a daily basis just to be able to give my kids the neccesities and taking the max dose of buscopan for the pain. I've never felt so miserable and my blood test came back normal so as per usual the doctors have no idea what's going wrong with my body (I'm sure a lot of them think it's all in my head, or attention seeking). I'm not going to do anything dumb as I couldn't do that to my family (parents or children or DH) but I'm going absolutely mental. I'm crying on and off all day and my kids keep looking at me like I've lost the plot and everyone I know is getting sick of me being sick so when they ask how I am and I say sick they just kind of go "oh, well you'll be fine" but I'm not fine! Ahhhhh. I hate IBS!
Sorry, needed to get that off my chest. I just can't describe how totally miserable I am atm. Thanks for listening once again.

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wishing I could jump off a bridge right now..... new
      #130598 - 12/15/04 12:56 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Oh, Amy! You're too pretty and nice to be so sick! It's all good though, we all know how you feel.... and you're absolutely entitled to whinge as much as you want!

I was about ready to jump in front of a trolleybus on Monday after my mum came round unexpectedly to drop off my sister and I was on a sick day. My mum reckons sickly people should just harden up, and I was a bit upset after she left. I love her, but she doesn't really get it.

I remember someone saying something about just passing water and it was an impacted stool way up in the pipes somewhere. If you're usually an A maybe it could be something like that? Have your doctors done anything other than blood tests?

--------------------
*Emma*

#130599 - 12/15/04 01:04 AM
doubletrouble

Believe me. I'm not feeling real pretty right now. Skinny and revolting! When I was an A I was only clogged for 3 days max. then would clean out naturally. As a kid I was a c but since the arrival of "womanhood" (IYKWIM-lovely thing that time of the month) I've mostly suffered D. The c has been a thing of the past for about 6 months now. And I've had a gastroscopy, been checked for endo, had stool tests, blood tests, an ultrasound for gallstones, a d & c, and a few other xrays and ultrasounds and all have shown nothing (well execept the gastroscopy but all it showed was reflux). So I'm feeling very frustrated with doctors. I'm having the dreaded colonoscopy early next year but I'm pretty sure it'll show nothing too. Thank you for the kind words though. Like I said. Most people (especially those who don't have it) just don't understand.

--------------------
Amy

#130604 - 12/15/04 01:54 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Oh Amy, hang in there, come on here to vent all you like, fill up on immodium and think positive thoughts.
Hugs

--------------------
S.

#130610 - 12/15/04 04:28 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Amy!!! Honey I know just how you feel! I could have wrote that post myself a few months ago! Things will get better! People just don't get it and it is ok!! You are sick and if they can't deal then that is thier peoblem not yours! I wish I had some wonderfull words of advice that would just make it all better!! Please feel free to come here and let lose!! We all understand and love you!!! E amil me any time hon!!
I hope you feel better soon!!
Big huge hugs!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Your stomach needs rest! new
      #130643 - 12/15/04 07:49 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hi doubletrouble! I get the water too. Your tummy needs rest, so lay off the food for a while except for clear liquids. The water will stop that way, but not if you keep puting solid food in there. The water's a sign that your bowel just needs a rest for a while.

Once when I was 19, I had it for a month before I stopped and fasted with a few clear liquids for 2 days. Then it was gone. Since then, I've listened to the signs that my bowels have had enough!!

Also you'll need to probably increase your imodium intake, cos 3 doesn't sound like it's doing it for you. This won't last, I promise!!

~nelly~

#130653 - 12/15/04 08:21 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh Sweetie, I'm so sorry you are so miserable right now. It WILL get better! You mentioned that you have reflux, are you taking any meds for it?? A lot of the reflux meds can cause D.

I agree with Nelly though, try fasting for a day or two. Than, just stick to the what to eat when you can't eat anything for a few more days. Are you taking any sort of SFS? Do you guys have ThermaCare products there? Look in the drug stores by the femamine products, thermacare makes a menstrual cramp "heating pad" that goes inside your panties. It really helps me with the pain and cramps! I hope you start feeling better soon! Big Hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#130851 - 12/15/04 06:05 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,
I just wanted to say that I am so sorry you are feeling so yucky, and I hope you feel better soon. I just wanted to agree with what Michele said, I was on a med for reflux and it made me sooo sick with D I couldn't leave the house! I told my GI doctor, who was shocked it was given to me in the first place, and he took me off of it right away and I started to feel better immediately.
Good luck!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Thank you all.... new
      #130856 - 12/15/04 06:56 PM
doubletrouble

Thanks guys. I'm not on meds for the reflux. Most medications give me d (anti depressants included) and it's not too bad so I just deal with it and sleep kinda sitting up if it's real bad one night. I might try the liquid only diet. I thought if I didn't eat though that the d would get worse. Plus I had a whole heap of trouble with soy so I'm kind of stuck for variety (have been having a tiny bit of lactose free milk once in a while when desperate, but other than that stuck to the diet). It just gets too much and I was scared of how much immodium I'd started to take. So far today nothing has happened but my body keeps tricking me into thinking that I'm okay then when I think I'm finally feeling a bit better, wham, big pains, more loo trips. Thanks for the kind words and helpful info though. I'm going to see my dr again tommorrow so hopefully he can help me out a bit for the christmas patch. I'm very grateful to you all for being there for me. DH is on night shift atm so we kinda don't see each other at all. When you're sick is when you need hugs the most.

--------------------
Amy

#130873 - 12/15/04 08:59 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling so badly. Honey, I've been on the same bridge you're on right now. I've wanted to jump, too. I know it's hard to believe, but all of this will eventually pass. It really will. Whatever you do, don't give up. Keep trying everything you can think of to make yourself well.

Being sick all the time gets pretty darned depressing. Believe me, I understand. You have every right to feel bad for yourself. I think the others have given you some good suggestions.

You're in my thoughts and prayers,
Terri

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1094 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2464

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review