All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Advice test anxiety!!!
      #130367 - 12/14/04 07:01 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I am in second semester Anatomy and physiology and it is a very hard class. This class consumes alot of my time.

I've had an exam every week for the past three weeks and the tests are not getting any easier. My test is on the Reproductive System tonight and my teacher didn't have time to finish the lecture on the chapter. I am very nervous about my test, because I don't know what to expect.

My stomach hurts all the time and it is so hard to eat without more pain. Next Tuesday is my final and the class will be over with. YEAH!!!

In the mean time how do I tame my stomach and nerves?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Advice test anxiety!!! new
      #130372 - 12/14/04 07:22 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Imodium AD and a little food, only if you're hungry (no impulse eating to try and soothe your nerves!!).

Best of luck for that class!! I know that one and Organic Chemestry are super hard. You are a tough chick, though, and you can do it!

Lie down when you can, drink hot herbal tea, and relax your stomach muscles by lying on your side and taking deep breaths. If you feel a twinge, stop eating, and take some Imodium Advanced right away!

This will be over soon, and it will be the weekend soon! Sooon!

~nelly~

#130376 - 12/14/04 07:39 AM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

As a college sutdent, I understand how you feel. Don't try and study until right before the test, you'll only end up feeling worse. About an hour before my exams, I usually pick up a book to help me relax. Then rught before the test I usually call my mom. She's spent years teaching chronically ill patients how to relax and deal with life (I'm definately her worst patient though). She can usually talk me out of my nervous breakdowns. Find a friend to talk to about anything to get your mind off of the test. Worrying about it only makes it harder to do well. Good luck!

Meg

#130396 - 12/14/04 09:22 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

All I can add is try to find at least 10 minutes a day for yourself. Just lay back, close you eyes and put the heating pad on your tummy to help it relax. This always helps me when I'm feeling overly stressed. Keep telling yourself, it will be over soon! Hang in there and good luck on the exams!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 637 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 416

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review