All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
anyone know of a good Ice cream maker???
      #128669 - 12/08/04 09:59 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I would like to buy my mom a new ice cream maker for christmas. Does anyone know of a really good brand? She makes a lot of ice cream and would need a big one!

Thanks!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: anyone know of a good Ice cream maker??? new
      #128752 - 12/08/04 01:23 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

bump....com'on.....no one make ice cream??? LOL!!!

--------------------

#128771 - 12/08/04 02:03 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

The only ice cream maker I've used belongs to my University's Creamery and costs upwards of $15,000. I don't think that's what you had in mind. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Meg

#128791 - 12/08/04 02:36 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

sorry Steph, I've never made homemade icecream!! It sounds yummy though! Do you guys have a bed bath and beyond by you? they seem to have lots of stuff and there are always coupons in the mail and paper for them. I have one right now for 15% off any one item.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

suggestions! new
      #128802 - 12/08/04 02:46 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

sorry I wasn't on much later today.. just this AM...

anyway-

a) cuisinart is good for a freeze the cylinder type but we burned out the motor fairly fast on the one we had... moms is a few years old...

b) I personally love our new one.. its by Rival and was only 15$.. it works wonderfully, we can do multiple batches a night, can even buy a spare cylinder- it uses the old fashioned ice and rock salt to make things cold and freeze them, but has a motor to do the churning. The tub is plastic, so easy to clean, and the cylinder stainless steel...with a dishwasher safe churning blade. we can make 2 batches in a night with a bag of bought ice and I can use my extra ice cube trays and have found that 12 trays plus 2 sets of tubes from the popsicle maker leaves me some left over from a 4 quart batch (yes it holds that much!) and they make a larger one! with the 2 freezers I sometimes will make ice all week long and stick it in bags in the freezer and then we can make 2 batches of ice cream in an evening and enjoy- one real cream and one safe for me!

(btw- we now have 6 ice cube trays because I wanted to make more ice- can't see spending $$ on bags of ice ALL the time, just on occasion when I forgot or don't have time to make the ice, or room in the freezer!)

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 409 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 459

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review