Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Oh Linz I can't do this! Help!
      #127035 - 12/02/04 12:10 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Linz,
The nausea/dizzy thing isn't going away. I get several times a day just about everyday. So now I called doc and he thinks it is probably Fibro related. I can barely look at the computer screen and when I have to scroll up and down I feel like puking my guts out. It feels like car sickness, you know if you read in the car and it makes you sick or something. I do layout production at an ad agency and I have to use the computer ALL day long and frequently scroll. Is there anything I can do for the dizzies and nausea? What do you do?

I really hate this Fibro thing!!!! I thought I was feeling better once I was diagnosed and started taking my meds and getting sleep. But now it seems I obtain a new symptom everyweek. And I have begun wondering how long I will be able to continue to work b/c these symptoms are severly interferring w/ my job abilities. I just want to be home in bed. I want to stay home so I can rest when I need to and lay down when I feel dizzy and nauseous. And then I feel like that is a cop out and that I should be able to handle this. But I think this NAUSEA thing is the worst symptom yet!!!! I can't deal w/ it!!!!

Sorry just needed to vent to someone who knows how it feels. I complain to my hubby and he is supportive but sometimes I think he thinks I am exaggerating or just being lazy. Ya know?

Thanks for listening (well reading),
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Christie, I am e-mailing you.... new
      #127103 - 12/02/04 02:34 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

You are NOT alone!

That's first of all.

Second of all, I am e-mailing you RIGHT AWAY....hang in there!

Love,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Tissy new
      #127122 - 12/02/04 03:39 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Hi. We haven't talked much before, but I just wanted to chime in here.

I don't know if Ruchie and Linzy remember this Spring when I was in such a horrible flare with the fibro, but I had the EXACT SAME THING you are experiencing right now. I couldn't read, I couldn't do anything, and I was certainly afraid to drive.

I don't know, really, what happened to fix it, but it did go away! I think a combo between getting Stage 4 sleep (on Ambien) and just simply riding out the fibro flare.

That's probably not terribly encouraging, but it's all I've got.

Stage 4 sleep is SO important, and just'cause you're sleeping doesn't mean you're in Stage 4. A lot of the drugs PREVENT Stage 4 sleep, actually. Ambien for one does not. I don't know how much you know about that feature of fibro because I blush to admit I don't get in here much, but if you haven't read up on it you need to do that. That's the best advice I can give you: STAGE 4 SLEEP.

Meanwhile, just try to be as patient as you can with the flare. I actually ended up on disability for about 2 months because of the dizziness, but I haven't been bothered by it since it cleared up.

I agree, the varying symptoms of this disease are the worst bit. Hang in there the best you can... I always try to remind myself that, if nothing else, this too will pass. It always does, with fibro. May take awhile. Will assuredly be replaced by something else, maybe even more horrible. It may even come back one day. But it always goes away at some point.

Hope this helps somehow/somewhat...

SMOOCHES.

*jen (your neighbor in Baltimore)

--------------------

Christie, how are you? new
      #127212 - 12/03/04 02:05 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Sorry, I've only just seen this - muchos catching up needed today!

Hmm, advice. This is a hard one to kick, but....

Do everything in slow time. Typing, scrolling, standing up, sitting down, moving your head......

Get some travel sickness pills and take them religiously. They won't make it go away but they can help.

Get your doc to check out your ears - the tiniest bit of an infection gives me the weirdest effects with my Fibro.

Eat little and OFTEN!!!

Drink even more water than normal. Or ginger tea would be even better. For some reason a teeny bit of dehydration makes this worse for me.

Get plenty of rest. Your body needs more healing time and if you're lying down, you shouldn't get so bad. So take time of work if you need to. This is a HORRIBLE symptom and doesn't like being ignored, so it's not a cop-out! Go to bed real early if you say at work.

Good luck! I hope that wasn't too long for you!

{{{Gentle Hugs}}}

Oh Christie new
      #127286 - 12/03/04 08:35 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh Christie,

I don't have fibro but just wanted to give you a virtual big hug. I've had dizziness before and I know how awful it can be. Pain is better than dizziness.

There's got to be something to take that will help it. I took Pepto Bismal and it helped a lot. I guess it depends on what is causing it. For me, it was stomach-related.

Hang in there. This is a real illness so if you do have to take time away from work then do it. Maybe do what Jen did and take a month or two off? If that's possible?

I hope this is temporary and will be gone before you know it.

Christie- not a fibro patient, but... new
      #127433 - 12/03/04 05:03 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

this sounds like some of the things I experienced when Iwas diagnosed with vertigo a few years back.. they gave me antivert and had me stay in bed for 2 weeks getting up only when neccesary- we put a TV at the foot of the bed... and by the end of it all I was a lot better.. happened twice about 12 months apart.. both times Ihad sinus infections and ear infections immediately prior..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 368 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 880

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review