All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Ok Everyone what do think???? new
      #125729 - 11/28/04 05:39 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

no help but lots of positive thoughts.. I know several kids who have had tons of the infections, many did better with tubes in their ears.. others just outgrew it..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Vicam new
      #125739 - 11/28/04 06:26 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

You know what you mentioning the shower made me think of something!!! Kenna has only been taking showers the last few months becuase the doc said no Baths with yeast problem she is having (due to antibiotic) I wonder if that is giving her the Ear infections!!!! HHHMMM I am going to have to make a list of everything I want to talk to the doc about!!! I think I may just start Renting a room at doc office!!LOL

Thanks so much!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

ecmmbm new
      #125740 - 11/28/04 06:29 AM
heather7476

Thank you so MUCH!!! I am glad that I know some one else who is giving their kids a Probiotic!! Now I am not so scared to try it with Kenna!!! I am still going to talk to the doc but feeling much more confident in this now!!!

Kenna does not have tubes yet!! It has been disscussed MANY times with doc!! I am going to push for some some kind of desision on all this Monday!!!
Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

Amie new
      #125741 - 11/28/04 06:30 AM
heather7476

Thanks hon!!! I am hoping she will out grow this like I did with the help of tubes!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Gayla new
      #125742 - 11/28/04 06:33 AM
heather7476

Thank you!!!

I am hoping they willmake some kind of dession on wether or not to put the tubes in soon!!! I am so sick of my poor baby in all this pain!! She slept through the night so I slept to!!! At least with this infection she doesn't seem to have the Fever and Congestion she has goten with other ones so it seems a little easier to control the pain!!!

Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Vicam new
      #125763 - 11/28/04 09:04 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Heather...

That's really interesting. Showers are brutal for getting water in your ears, especially when you're younger (I found anyways). My doc recommended I put vaseline covered cotton balls in my ears when I showered...don't know if that might help but you could ask

Kelly

#125779 - 11/28/04 10:07 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I've always been told to either eat yogurt or take probiotics while on antibiotics to prevent yeast infections (since I was in middle school and got my first ear infection). Don't know about younger kids, but kids can eat yogurt, so I don't see how it can hurt. The probiotics help "good" bacteria, so I don't think it would hurt to try with Kenna.

Hope she feels better soon! I had an ear infection myself a few weeks ago, scared the heck out of my boyfriend when I woke up at 5AM in horrendous pain! I ended up getting rid of mine by using a heating pad on the ear and taking decongestants, because I didn't want to take antibiotics. If Kenna's ears hurt really bad still, try a hot wet washcloth or a heating pad to help with the pain. *HUGS*

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#125839 - 11/28/04 01:26 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Heather-
I think my battle with ear infections is just starting. My son has had three and he's not even a year old. My doctor told me that genetics plays a big part. My husband had them a lot when he was younger. They also told me that if he has two more in the next couple of months he will need tubes. I would talk to your doctor and also get a second opinion if he doesn't suggest tubes. Everyone I talk to says it helps alot! LOL especially with those sleepless nights!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 383 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1373

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review