All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Thanksgiving ended on a sour note for me!
      #125430 - 11/26/04 01:05 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

My poor son is sooooo sick. He started to feel sick on Wednesday night and woke up at 6:30 a.m Thursday morning to throwing up and diarhea. Moped around most of the morning not feeling well. We went to my mom's around 1:00 p.m for Thanksgiving dinner and he still didn't feel very good.

Then we went to DH's house for another feast later in the day....he still didn't feel good and moped around. Then he started to play with his cousins and was having fun, but still not feeling good. He didn't eat much....then he really wanted pie....so he ate that..... Needless to say I have chocolate pie vomit all over....He vomited all over his bed and then tried to run to the bathroom, then ran back to his bed laid down in the vomit and then vomited again....all over himself. His face and whole body.

Now he started that at 11:20 p.m. and did it again at 12:20 a.m. and again at 1:20ish a.m.

Everytime I was just about to sleep he would start throwing up again. NOW I can't sleep....its 2:00 a.m and I have done three loads of wash....bedspread and tons of towels....they all had vomit on them.

Now I feel sick from all the food I ate, and REALLY need to be sleeping. I haven't slept good the last few nights anyways. I'm expecting to get mornings sickness anyday now.....but I'll probably get this flu first....and then next week morning sickness.....and I bet my little girl will end up with this too.

She has already been breaking out in a nasty rash the last 2 days. I'M GOING NUTS!!!

I really need some sleep, I'm pregnant now and I'm trying to get rest, but that's just not working!! And I already feel pretty lousy. I've been nauseated and have been having heartburn too.

I'm just really bummed out. My poor son had a horible Thanksgiving....besides feeling sick he had a cousin that is here from Arizona bulling him and saying and doing inapropriate things This child (the cousin) has serious issues. And my poor little boy had to deal with him today....had I known what his cousin was doing I would have stepped in.

I just feel really bad for my little boy. I hate that he has been so sick on one of his favorite holidays!

Ok, I'm starving now,and really tired. I'm done venting....if you made it this long....THANKS!!!

Hoping tomorrow (today now) is a better one. With a nice long nap included!!!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanksgiving ended on a sour note for me! new
      #125431 - 11/26/04 01:13 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hey Steph. Sorry to hear you had such a terrible thanksgiving. Especially being pregnant and needing rest (I can SO sympathise with rest. I haven't had a full nights sleep for 2 years!). With any luck your immune system will kick in and you won't get this bug. Your poor little boy, to be so miserable on a special holiday. Isabelle and Jacinta did that for their 2nd birthday. Both came down with really bad cases of chicken pox. Wasn't much of a birthday for them I hope your son gets better soon and you get some much needed rest. Sending lots of get better wishes your way

--------------------
Amy

#125437 - 11/26/04 03:50 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Here's sending lots of get well soon wishes to your little boy. And fingers crossed that you and your daughter don't get it too.

Chocolate pie vomit - I knew there was a reason I haven't had children!

#125443 - 11/26/04 05:20 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Awww Steph! Sorry you had such a horrible Thanksgiving. There does seem to be some type of stomach bug going around I hear. My 10 year old woke up with D Wednesday night in the middle of the night. That's it thank goodness but I too was wondering "should he eat at Thanksgiving for fear it might come out on our 1hr long ride home?". He was fine though.

You take care of yourself girl! Wash hands frequently. You don't need to get that bug in "your condition"! Your body is so vulernerable now. Make your husband deal with the next bout of bug if your daughter ends up with it (cross fingers not!).

Maybe next week you can make a small turkey dinner for your boy since he missed his favorite holiday. Poor thing!

Yes, I did make it through your whole post and you know you can vent anytime! Good luck and Lysol away

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#125444 - 11/26/04 05:57 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

STEPH! *hugs*

Get a nap, take your vitamins, yuck for bullies, I'm praing the tummy buggies have moved on, and just FEEL GOOD! Happy Friday!

Love,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#125450 - 11/26/04 06:52 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Awe Steph... I'm sorry. I hope you and your boy are feeling better soon.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#125453 - 11/26/04 07:21 AM
nancy r

Reged: 11/24/04
Loc: arizona

I too had a horrible thanksgiving..My mom has alzheimers, dad has kidney cancer and just recently fell and broke his ankle.. I have a crazy 22 year old daughter and a wonderful 18 year old.. I could barely eat anything for thanksgiving.. Between my stress level and the physical symtoms the day was awful..I feel for you pain and totally under stand..nancyr

#125457 - 11/26/04 07:47 AM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Steph,

Take heart, all of us who have kids have been there at one time or another. We have 4, so there are many interesting memories - 10 years ago Thanksgiving at my mom's when eveyone got the bug - I was 7 months pregnant. And Xmas 2002 when the kids woke up sick on Christmas night and husband and I stayed up all night steam cleaning the carpet in the hallway and doing laundry. AAAAHHHH!Holiday memories!

You are so sweet and Congratulations on your new baby. I am about to celebrate one year for my sweet baby girl who was the surprise of my life. I didn't think I could get pg again and after 6 years of no birth control and not really worrying about it, guess what? She's the best thing that ever happened to us!

Laura

#125462 - 11/26/04 08:55 AM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Steph, how is he doing now? Any better? That sounds like a serious problem if he's been throwing up that much! Did you take him to the doctor or hospital or anything yet? I hope he's ok or at least loking up a bit. I hate it when little kids are sick, it breaks my heart! Give him a hug for me!!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

#125464 - 11/26/04 09:25 AM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Oh, Steph! I'm so sorry to hear that the holiday was all bumbled for you and your son I hope you both feel better real soon, and that no one else in your family picks it up. Maybe you can find someone to watch over your son today for a bit so you can get a nap in?

I think it was a good suggestion to have a mini-Thanksgiving for your son when he is feeling better. I'll bet he will really enjoy that! Take care of yourself hon!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

#125485 - 11/26/04 11:34 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

You poor thing! I feel terrible for your son. I got a stomach virus via my son when I was just pregnant with Quinlan. Already nauseous from the pregnancy and then throwing up on top of that was horrid. With any luck, you won't catch it. If you do, hang in there. Most stomach viruses are very short lived. Hugs to you, sweetheart.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#125507 - 11/26/04 01:47 PM
LittleLamb

Reged: 07/22/04

I am so very sorry! What a mess. I despise throwing up - it scares me half to death.

I can remember similar experiences when I was little... getting sick on holidays and then throwing up in my bed because I felt so sick and so scared I couldn't get up. My poor parents - what a yucky mess.

My DH, DD(18 mo)and I all had stomach flu in October. It was disgusting. It seems to be going around - friends of ours in NM, CO, WA, PA and CA have had it. Our neighbor works in the local ER and she said lots of people are coming in who are severely dehydrated from it! With air travel, germs spread like crazy nowdays....

Don't touch your face or eyes, quarantine yourselves at home, Lysol EVERYTHING, and hope for the best!

Thanks everyone! new
      #125550 - 11/26/04 04:39 PM
StephS

He is doing much better. He stopped throwing up at 1:30 a.m.! I'm just hoping it doesn't happen again tonight. I'm very tired, I couldn't go back to sleep lastnight until 2:30ish so I did some laundry and such....went to bed and was woken up at 7:55 a.m. to my son telling me he was hungery!

I haven't had a chance to take a nap today. I laid down for a few minutes, but my kids wouldn't leave me a lone!

I'm going to take a HOT bath and try to relax. My back has been hurting....I think its trapped gas....form all the UFO's I ate this Thanksgiving!

Thanks for all your kind words and sympthy!

--------------------

StephS new
      #125747 - 11/28/04 07:24 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

I'm wondering how your little boy is doing now. I hope he's better. Oh, Mom's have so much stress!

My daughter is pregnant and has a toddler running around as well. She's been really tired through the whole thing and has suffered with heartburn for nearly the whole time.

Just try to get some rest whenever you can and don't overdo it; especially in these first months. Please keep us posted on how you're feeling. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you, too.
Terri

#125751 - 11/28/04 07:46 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Steph,

I just now saw your post. I'm so sorry your little one had such a bad time of it.....especially during Thanksgiving.
I remember those days of throwing-up and having to wash the sheets, etc. I really feel for you cause it's a tough job.

Hope he is feeling much better now.

Congratulations.....I understand you are pregnant! I know the nausea is horrible the first few months but luckily it will pass.

I want to wish you the best of luck.....you are such a good mom.

Barbie

--------------------

Update new
      #125804 - 11/28/04 11:30 AM
StephS

Thanks Barbie and Tee Cee! He's doing much better! Unfortunatly me and my Husband also got this yucky flu too. I started with it Friday night and had a horrible night! I was up all night with D and then threw up Saturday morning. I had body ache all day yesterday and felt horrible. I feel pretty lousy today too!

My husband had the throwing up really bad!! He was throwing up every 30 minutes. But he is doing better this morning!

I'm not having a very good day today. I have started spotting. So now I'm worried about a miscarrage. I have had one before about 4 1/2 yrs ago. I'm feeling pretty bad about that. I have my first Dr appt tomorrow. So I guess he will be able to tell my what's going on then. I hope I'm not having a miscarrage. I really want this to work out. I did have some spotting with my last pregnancy...so well see.

Thanks everyone for you thought!

--------------------

Re: Update new
      #125809 - 11/28/04 11:43 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Big hugs hon!!! Let us know what the doc says!! I hope everything is ok!!!! I hope everyone starts feeling better soon!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#125814 - 11/28/04 11:51 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey Steph - sorry you're feeling so bad. I was going to say congrats on the pregnancy, because I just found out at the beginning of this post, but now with the spotting.... Keep us posted on how you make out at your appt. I'll be thinking of ya.

#125871 - 11/28/04 03:25 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Sorry to hear that you've been so sick and now worrying about a miscarriage, too!!! You poor thing! I just hate hearing that things are so rough for you right now. I'll be waiting to see what you learn from your Dr. appt. tomorrow.
I'm hoping that you'll all be well soon and that everything is fine with the baby, too. Ugh! Life can be so hard at times. Things WILL get better. They always do.
Terri

Steph, I've got my fingers crossed for you at your doc's tomorrow! -nt- new
      #125875 - 11/28/04 03:45 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Steph- ---nt----- new
      #125897 - 11/28/04 05:16 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Re: My thoughts and prayers are with you, Steph- ---nt----- new
      #125934 - 11/28/04 08:15 PM
StephS

Thanks everyone!

I'm feeling optimistic about things! I'm not spotting a lot. Just a little bit and its not bad.... I was just worried when I firs posted...but I thought back to my last pregnancy and the same thing happened and I have a healthy little girl now. I've been on some of the baby boards and read that a lot of women are having the same things happen and then everything is ok!

I'm just going to think positive. So thanks for your kindness and prayers!! I'll let you know how the appt goes!

--------------------

#126060 - 11/29/04 09:49 AM
LittleLamb

Reged: 07/22/04

Hi StephS -

There is something you can do about the spotting. There are several possible causes of spotting during pregnancy - one is very easy to solve. I read your post and I felt compelled to tell you about this! Not many people let alone medical professionals know about this solution. (I am a RN.)

Women's fertility, ability to maintain a pregnancy and menstrual cycles can all be affected by light pollution at night. Many women who have had irregular cycles, several miscarriages or difficulty conceiving find success after adequately darkening their sleeping area. If you intervene quickly and maintain the darkness throughout the pregnancy, you should be able to carry the baby to term (if this is the cause of your spotting).

Here's how:

Your bedroom is dark enough if 15 minutes (gives your eyes time to adjust) after you turn off the lights your room is completely dark. You should NOT be able to make out objects in the room (furniture, fabric patterns, etc.) You should only be able to navigate your room only by feeling your way very slowly.

Possible sources of light pollution are drapes or blinds that do not adequately cover your windows, skylights, alarm clock liquid crystal displays, hall lights, nightlights, etc. Just simply cover them up, tape over them or put a towel under your door.

Fabric stores sell blackout fabric that you could tack up over your windows at night. Make sure that the edges don't allow light to leak in. I have found that thick black polar fleece works well too. I keep my alarm clock on the floor just under my bed so the light does not reach my eyes. Since my room is so dark, I keep a small flashlight on my nighstand in case I have to get up to go to the bathroom.

You should not see light in your room until about 7 am. It should not be a bright beam of light, but more of a diffuse soft glow.

After implementing these changes most couples find that they sleep better as well as the above mentioned health benefits. After darkening their children's sleeping areas many children sleep better too!

I know that this sounds a bit crazy to some, but it really is true. I have literature on this topic and it has scientific backing. Light pollution at night does affect hormonal balance in women and therefore effects fertility, ability to maintain a pregnancy and menstrual cycles.

StephS - I am praying for you and your baby. I too have lost a baby to miscarriage and it is very difficult. I hope that you have found this helpful. You have nothing to lose by trying (except the cost of the fabric and the time it takes to move or cover light producing items in your room). It is a minor inconvenience at first, but you will get used to it.

Anybody who reads this please feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Sincerely,

LittleLamb

Thank you Little Lamb! new
      #126067 - 11/29/04 10:10 AM
StephS

That is very interisting. I do have a half moon window...if that's what they are called

So I'll have to give that a try. I never sleep good, so I'm willing to give it a shot.

Thanks for the info and your kind words and prayers!

Lots of love,

--------------------

Re: My thoughts and prayers are with you, Steph- ---nt----- new
      #126068 - 11/29/04 10:10 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Sorry you holiday was so crazy. I thought mine was going to be like that. I had to leave work earlyt to take my son to the doctors to make sure he didn't still have his ear infection. (a few sleepless nights led me to do that) They gave him some abuterol?sp to help loosen him up. But no infection. I also hope that things go well at your appointment today! Lots of hugs!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2232 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2650

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review