All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Thanksgiving ended on a sour note for me!
      #125430 - 11/26/04 01:05 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

My poor son is sooooo sick. He started to feel sick on Wednesday night and woke up at 6:30 a.m Thursday morning to throwing up and diarhea. Moped around most of the morning not feeling well. We went to my mom's around 1:00 p.m for Thanksgiving dinner and he still didn't feel very good.

Then we went to DH's house for another feast later in the day....he still didn't feel good and moped around. Then he started to play with his cousins and was having fun, but still not feeling good. He didn't eat much....then he really wanted pie....so he ate that..... Needless to say I have chocolate pie vomit all over....He vomited all over his bed and then tried to run to the bathroom, then ran back to his bed laid down in the vomit and then vomited again....all over himself. His face and whole body.

Now he started that at 11:20 p.m. and did it again at 12:20 a.m. and again at 1:20ish a.m.

Everytime I was just about to sleep he would start throwing up again. NOW I can't sleep....its 2:00 a.m and I have done three loads of wash....bedspread and tons of towels....they all had vomit on them.

Now I feel sick from all the food I ate, and REALLY need to be sleeping. I haven't slept good the last few nights anyways. I'm expecting to get mornings sickness anyday now.....but I'll probably get this flu first....and then next week morning sickness.....and I bet my little girl will end up with this too.

She has already been breaking out in a nasty rash the last 2 days. I'M GOING NUTS!!!

I really need some sleep, I'm pregnant now and I'm trying to get rest, but that's just not working!! And I already feel pretty lousy. I've been nauseated and have been having heartburn too.

I'm just really bummed out. My poor son had a horible Thanksgiving....besides feeling sick he had a cousin that is here from Arizona bulling him and saying and doing inapropriate things This child (the cousin) has serious issues. And my poor little boy had to deal with him today....had I known what his cousin was doing I would have stepped in.

I just feel really bad for my little boy. I hate that he has been so sick on one of his favorite holidays!

Ok, I'm starving now,and really tired. I'm done venting....if you made it this long....THANKS!!!

Hoping tomorrow (today now) is a better one. With a nice long nap included!!!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanksgiving ended on a sour note for me! new
      #125431 - 11/26/04 01:13 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hey Steph. Sorry to hear you had such a terrible thanksgiving. Especially being pregnant and needing rest (I can SO sympathise with rest. I haven't had a full nights sleep for 2 years!). With any luck your immune system will kick in and you won't get this bug. Your poor little boy, to be so miserable on a special holiday. Isabelle and Jacinta did that for their 2nd birthday. Both came down with really bad cases of chicken pox. Wasn't much of a birthday for them I hope your son gets better soon and you get some much needed rest. Sending lots of get better wishes your way

--------------------
Amy

#125437 - 11/26/04 03:50 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Here's sending lots of get well soon wishes to your little boy. And fingers crossed that you and your daughter don't get it too.

Chocolate pie vomit - I knew there was a reason I haven't had children!

#125443 - 11/26/04 05:20 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Awww Steph! Sorry you had such a horrible Thanksgiving. There does seem to be some type of stomach bug going around I hear. My 10 year old woke up with D Wednesday night in the middle of the night. That's it thank goodness but I too was wondering "should he eat at Thanksgiving for fear it might come out on our 1hr long ride home?". He was fine though.

You take care of yourself girl! Wash hands frequently. You don't need to get that bug in "your condition"! Your body is so vulernerable now. Make your husband deal with the next bout of bug if your daughter ends up with it (cross fingers not!).

Maybe next week you can make a small turkey dinner for your boy since he missed his favorite holiday. Poor thing!

Yes, I did make it through your whole post and you know you can vent anytime! Good luck and Lysol away

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#125444 - 11/26/04 05:57 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

STEPH! *hugs*

Get a nap, take your vitamins, yuck for bullies, I'm praing the tummy buggies have moved on, and just FEEL GOOD! Happy Friday!

Love,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#125450 - 11/26/04 06:52 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Awe Steph... I'm sorry. I hope you and your boy are feeling better soon.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#125453 - 11/26/04 07:21 AM
nancy r

Reged: 11/24/04
Loc: arizona

I too had a horrible thanksgiving..My mom has alzheimers, dad has kidney cancer and just recently fell and broke his ankle.. I have a crazy 22 year old daughter and a wonderful 18 year old.. I could barely eat anything for thanksgiving.. Between my stress level and the physical symtoms the day was awful..I feel for you pain and totally under stand..nancyr

#125457 - 11/26/04 07:47 AM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Steph,

Take heart, all of us who have kids have been there at one time or another. We have 4, so there are many interesting memories - 10 years ago Thanksgiving at my mom's when eveyone got the bug - I was 7 months pregnant. And Xmas 2002 when the kids woke up sick on Christmas night and husband and I stayed up all night steam cleaning the carpet in the hallway and doing laundry. AAAAHHHH!Holiday memories!

You are so sweet and Congratulations on your new baby. I am about to celebrate one year for my sweet baby girl who was the surprise of my life. I didn't think I could get pg again and after 6 years of no birth control and not really worrying about it, guess what? She's the best thing that ever happened to us!

Laura

#125462 - 11/26/04 08:55 AM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Steph, how is he doing now? Any better? That sounds like a serious problem if he's been throwing up that much! Did you take him to the doctor or hospital or anything yet? I hope he's ok or at least loking up a bit. I hate it when little kids are sick, it breaks my heart! Give him a hug for me!!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

#125464 - 11/26/04 09:25 AM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Oh, Steph! I'm so sorry to hear that the holiday was all bumbled for you and your son I hope you both feel better real soon, and that no one else in your family picks it up. Maybe you can find someone to watch over your son today for a bit so you can get a nap in?

I think it was a good suggestion to have a mini-Thanksgiving for your son when he is feeling better. I'll bet he will really enjoy that! Take care of yourself hon!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 201 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2688

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review