All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
What are you THANKFUL for?!
      #125249 - 11/24/04 01:46 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I am thankful for JenX, Linz, LS, Tissy, BL, Michelle (and your KIDS....awww!), Michele, RachelT, Dalia, Amie, Sinead, Casey, Sheri01, Mags, Shell/Shane, TeeCee, Amber, Kandee, Jennifer, Heather, Abby82 (what kind of dog is it...Yorkie? Adorable!), Jamie, StephS, HanSolo, barbie, Bevrs, BarbaraS, Sweetd, Nelly, Kree, Sara-Sage, Kimm, UnhappyTummy, LittleLis, chinagirl, Brittany, Gayla, LittleMinnie, AngelaE, melitami, Heather Van Varous and Wil, and EVERYONE on these boards!

I am thankful for my husband who stands by me NO MATTER WHAT! Who loves me unconditionally. And to who my hapiness and well being is EVERYTHING in htis wolrd!

I am thankful for seeing G-d in my life quite often and for all He does for me and hubby and for the world.

I am thankful for our dog Shana who comes to play when I hurt the most (Bad radar I tell ya!)

I am thankful for the fibro diagnosis so I know why I've been sick all my life and I will be able to at least alleviate some of the symptoms!

I am thankful for ADs when they work so you can feel normal!

I am thankful for family!

I am thankful for warm cozy blankets, hot chocolate, tea, candles, a good book, chocolate soy milk, SLEEP, sunshine, having a backyard!, good tummy days, good fibro days, good frineds, the telephone (so I can keep in touch with my friends who live outta state who I miss terribly!), birds singing, music, the author Karen Scalf Linamen for her book Just Hand Over the Chocolate and No One Will Get Hurt (it is about depression and how she beat it and it has helped me through...even though I'm Jewish and she is Christain she even helped me get closer to G-d!), flowers, my list is endless!

I really have to thank you all for being hee for me. I have NOT been the cheerful Ruchie I usually am...these are hard times for me and hubby....but you have all been here no matter what. You each have wonderful, individual personalities that shine here on the boards. Thank you for sharing that with me every day!

May you all have a fabulous holiday...and make EVERY day Thanks day!

With love and thanks,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Awww! I am gonna cry! I am thankful for ... new
      #125253 - 11/24/04 01:51 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Heather and EVERYONE on the boards! If I start namin' names I will forget someon,e I am sure, or I won't be able to shut up!

Everyone have a great tummy day, and think of the consequences before digging in to those pies!

--------------------
-Sheri

I am thankful for.. new
      #125275 - 11/24/04 02:41 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Ruchie- great post!

- this board where I have made so many new friend and confidantes- its where I come when I need cheering up
-my lovely boyfriend, who is also my best friend
-my health
-my recent holiday
-my family
-my NEW SHOES! (they are soo pretty!)
-to live in a beautiful country
-to see the sun shine, to feel the wind in my hair, the bite of cold on my cheeks and to hear the pitter patter of the rain- weather makes me feel alive!
- YUMMY food, like ADBs, fruit puree, prawns, cheeseless pizza
-my lunabar supplier Heather7476!
-my computer!

This is a new game for me since we don't have Thanksgiving over here!

--------------------
S.

Aww, Ruchie! *hugs* new
      #125277 - 11/24/04 02:44 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm thankful for EVERYONE on the boards - and I'm with Sheri, I'm not going to start naming names, because I'll be sure to forget someone, I'm good like that - because everyone contributes their own little special "touch" to this place, and is therefore also responsible for it being the BEST message board on the 'net and a wonderful resource and learning place.

I'm thankful for run-on sentences.

I'm thankful for Adam, who is hands-down the best, sweetest, most wonderful person I've ever had the pleasure to share a home and a life with. I was really kinda (ok, very) upset and worried about Thanksgiving, not wanting to go up to his mother's for fear of smoke- and stress-related repercussions... well, I explained that to him, and without a second thought, and without making me feel guilty (halleluia!), he decided that we're going to stay home and have a quiet Thanksgiving for two. Not only is he completely understanding of my health needs, but he'd rather spend time with me than anyone else, and that means the world to me.

I'm thankful for my cats, even when they do bad things like pee on the dining room carpet (sigh!), because the bad things are few and far between, and they are the cutest, funniest, most hilariously neurotic creatures on the planet.

I'm thankful for Lexapro! Haha.

I'm thankful for wool sweaters, redbush tea, fresh-baked banana bread with carob chips, the smell of oranges, cold fresh Maine air, the mountains I see every time I drive into town, genuinely friendly neighbors, small-town life, a sleepy boyfriend first thing in the morning, movies with Fred Astaire or Katherine Hepburn in them (the only kind I like!), knitting & crochet & all other forms of fiber art, our house, brown paper packages tied up with string (just seeing if you're really reading this), and a bazillion other small miracles that make up everyday life.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody... I hope you all have a wonderful, healthy holiday, filled with uncountable things to be thankful for.

(And if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving... have a wonderful, blessed day anyway! Hee hee.)

Ruchie your so sweet!!! new
      #125281 - 11/24/04 02:50 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am so Thankfull for my Husband and Daughter!!!!

I am Thankfull for my family and friends!!!

For everyone on these boards!!!!

For having a home and food!!! When many don't!!!!

I am thankfull my kitty!!!

I am Thankfull for having God in my life!!!

I am Thankfull to Heather and Will for creating this WONDERFULL PLACE!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Casey new
      #125310 - 11/24/04 04:27 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

um... i'm certain that the brown packages wrapped in string are yarn deliveries!?

i miss talking to you. i've been such a bad friend! your pic is gorgeous (as are you).

Happy T-day!

--------------------

A tribute to JEN X and SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! new
      #125312 - 11/24/04 04:30 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I forgot to post and e-mail you about htis....

The night we spoke I tried your suggestions for sleep. I am having LESS probs falling alseep at night now! I take the Ambien and get into bed pronto. I usually fall asleep within half an hour now! YIPPEE!

Hope you don't mind I stole your thankful post.......it's truly a tribute to YOU and the gratitude you spread.share round these here boards.

TO JEN X!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

me? i'm thankful for... new
      #125317 - 11/24/04 04:50 PM
jenX

Ruchie, a truely wonderful friend and an inspiration to me...pumpkin pie...tall boys who kiss well...listening to owls outside the window at night...accents...Ambien (natch!)...sexy boots and slingbacks...the highly underrated color: brown...Indian food...chunky yarns...freckles...a new pedicure...instant messages from tall boys who kiss well...my new job...silk...Sephora...soft stuff...plants...my new ring...cloves...my cough medicine...cold air and warm scarves...poochies and kitties...lotions that smell like chocolate (!)...heck, anything that smells like chocolate...and believe it or not: fibromyalgia.

--------------------

Ruchie! new
      #125319 - 11/24/04 04:53 PM
jenX

your sleeping is tribute enough!

i'm soooo glad it's helping. that's the best news i've gotten all day!

and i'm so glad you started this thread. i was actually logging on to do the same, so i'm glad you started it. i'm also glad that you're feeling a little better. YAY!

SMOOCHES TO YOU, RUCHIE! Happy Thanksgiving.

--------------------

Re: What are you THANKFUL for?! new
      #125324 - 11/24/04 05:09 PM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

I'm thankful for....
having a good job... and for the gadgets I've been able to buy myself this year (my mobile, my ipod and my digital camera!)
...my friends both in person and online, they make every day more bearable
... my lovely boyfriend who never gives up getting me to push my boundaries out
... my sister, who lives with me, and her cat (and her big screen telly!)
... my parents, who have a whole new wonderful life
of thier own now that my sister and I are independent (I won't say "grown up" just yet!)
... my lovely flat with it's lovely lovely modern bathroom!
... the good old fashioned Kiwi summer I'm about to have
... flat Bundaberg ginger beer, Fantastic rice crackers and Kan Tong Sweet'n'Sour Sauce (goes great on my rice-and-steamed-veg)
... my snuggly blankie for watching telly under
.... for everyone I know being who they are. Some people in my life are more challenging than others, but they're all keeping it real.

--------------------
*Emma*

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 533 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2686

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review