All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
My Thanks list! new
      #125327 - 11/24/04 05:50 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

-these boards and everyone on them, which keeps me sane, entertained, and healthier than I've been in a long time
-my boyfriend, who loves to spoil me, something I'm very much not used to
-Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, for the yummy safe for me foods I can find there
-my parents, who I get along better with now than I ever did living at home
-my roommates, who I love dearly and don't know what I'd do without (including our three chinchillas and one cat, soon to be two!)
-my co-op job, teaching freshmen engineers
-the fuzzy new vellux blanket my boyfriend bought me today :-D
-sleep, especially over my Thanksgiving break (today through Sunday!)
-cooking, I love cooking, it relaxes me and makes me happy (including Heather's 5 minute pumpkin pie I have in the oven right now!)
-my health, even when I don't feel the greatest

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Jen new
      #125328 - 11/24/04 07:01 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

In a perfect world... yes, yes they are.

I miss you too! You're not a bad friend - you have a life, unlike me. Tee hee. How are you doing? How are you *feeling* these days?

Happy Turkeyday!

ps - Thank you!

Re: Aww, Ruchie! *hugs* new
      #125329 - 11/24/04 07:28 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Quote:

I'm thankful for EVERYONE on the boards - and I'm with Sheri, I'm not going to start naming names, because I'll be sure to forget someone, I'm good like that - because everyone contributes their own little special "touch" to this place, and is therefore also responsible for it being the BEST message board on the 'net and a wonderful resource and learning place.

I'm thankful for run-on sentences.

I'm thankful for Adam, who is hands-down the best, sweetest, most wonderful person I've ever had the pleasure to share a home and a life with. I was really kinda (ok, very) upset and worried about Thanksgiving, not wanting to go up to his mother's for fear of smoke- and stress-related repercussions... well, I explained that to him, and without a second thought, and without making me feel guilty (halleluia!), he decided that we're going to stay home and have a quiet Thanksgiving for two. Not only is he completely understanding of my health needs, but he'd rather spend time with me than anyone else, and that means the world to me.

I'm thankful for my cats, even when they do bad things like pee on the dining room carpet (sigh!), because the bad things are few and far between, and they are the cutest, funniest, most hilariously neurotic creatures on the planet.

I'm thankful for Lexapro! Haha.

I'm thankful for wool sweaters, redbush tea, fresh-baked banana bread with carob chips, the smell of oranges, cold fresh Maine air, the mountains I see every time I drive into town, genuinely friendly neighbors, small-town life, a sleepy boyfriend first thing in the morning, movies with Fred Astaire or Katherine Hepburn in them (the only kind I like!), knitting & crochet & all other forms of fiber art, our house, brown paper packages tied up with string THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS!!!! Now Iam going to have that stuck in head all night!!LOL (just seeing if you're really reading this) , and a bazillion other small miracles that make up everyday life.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody... I hope you all have a wonderful, healthy holiday, filled with uncountable things to be thankful for.

(And if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving... have a wonderful, blessed day anyway! Hee hee.)

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Aww, Ruchie! *hugs* new
      #125334 - 11/24/04 08:25 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Thanks, Heather! Now, I am too! I didn't get it at first ... LoL!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Re: What are you THANKFUL for?! new
      #125336 - 11/24/04 08:33 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

I am thankful for ...

My b/f, who is my best friend and SO incredibly supportive of me. What I would do without his love, I don't know. I'm looking forward to spending everyday of the rest of my life with him!

My mom, who is also my best friend, and calls me every day to remind me!! Hoping that the day she can move back closer to me is VERY soon!

This message board, where I can share anything and everything and get honest, helpful answers from wonderful people! Ruchie, Heather, Casey, Linz, Steph, oh everybody!! You are all beautiful people!! I'm wishing you all the very best this holiday season!

My birds who are squaking -- Warm106.9 playing Christmas songs already and over the internet too! -- My family and b/f's family, even though they drive me nuts -- good books -- hot showers -- rain -- being alive!!

Happy Thanksgiving US pals, and Happy days to everyone!!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Re: What are you THANKFUL for?! new
      #125348 - 11/25/04 03:21 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

what a beautiful post Ruchie and thank you!
I am thankful for everybody on this board that makes me so happy and comfortable. I am thankful for my husband. I am thankful for my three brothers and my parents, for my niece and nephew, for my best friends...
I am thankful for peaceful sleeps at night, my new job, my first excursion to a restaurant the other night for 5 months that didn't end in an attack (yay!), for warm fresh baguette and peppermint tea, for having a body that is otherwise completely healthy and strong, for the gym, for central park, for wholefoods, for books,and for my favourite tv shows!
I love you all, and Ruchie...may you only get better and never feel any pain or discomfort again!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

ROFL!! new
      #125357 - 11/25/04 03:56 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I wondered how many people would actually catch/get that. Heh.

Amber, you have the BEST sig lines. LOL!!

aw.. shucks, thanks! new
      #125358 - 11/25/04 03:59 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I am thankful I didn't have to drive a lot in the snow and ice storm yesterday

I am thankful for my online friends- here and elsewhere

I am thankful for my friends and family

I am thankful for my husband who puts up with so much

I am thankful that we are both reasonably healthy and safe right now given that last year at this time we were coming down with pertussis and it took 3 months to find out what it was.. and that was after we almost died in the house fire that thankfully we survived.. and the house has been repaired from.

I am thankful for work and my new promotion

I am thankful for my havurah/synagogue and the wonderful group fo people it contains.

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

My thanks... new
      #125365 - 11/25/04 07:15 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

*I am thankful for the dog conversations, polite attempts at debate (most you can ask for in our country these days), home buying/remodeling/redecorating conversations, goofy questions about what you would do for $50 mil., and all of the other wonderful and silly things we talk about on the boards- not to mention that someone is always there when you just HAVE to talk at that moment (like Barbara S. and JoanMarie keeping me company pretty late the night I had a catheter down my throat all night).

*I am grateful for my family and friends and husband.

*I am very grateful for my four "children:" Cara, Charlie, Riley, and Neil. They are messy, but goofy, and always entertaining- and they know just when you need a kiss or a snuggle.

*I am grateful for Nexium, Equalactin, and Immodium AD.

*I am grateful for BAD television.

*I am grateful for my good students, who though few and far between, really do care and want to learn.

Thanks Casey! -nt- new
      #125373 - 11/25/04 09:16 AM
SLiCKsGiRL

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1669 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2741

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review