All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
advice- blood
      #124743 - 11/22/04 05:14 PM
thetreester

Reged: 07/26/04

Hey there everyone. Last night I had a 3 hour bout of diahhrhea (sp). Everything was just a standard ibs attack, went away with the pep tea then I went to bed. But when I woke up this am, I had a small amount of blood in my stool. I called my doc, they asked specific questions, and they said if it keeps happening to call them back. In the meantime, I'm continuing to alternate between constipation and diahhrhea but no blood, and I have an appt set up for monday. Since no new blood, do you think I should push the doc for a sooner appt, or just leave it? I just wondered if anyone else ever had blood in their stool.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: advice- blood new
      #124745 - 11/22/04 05:43 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

I personally have never had blood in my stool, so others will be able to answer this post better. I think there is a significant difference between fresh red blood and dried blood in the stool...is it possible you have hemarroids? was this a first for you?

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: advice- blood new
      #124787 - 11/23/04 02:23 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

A monday appointment sounds fine. If it was bright red blood, then there's less reason to worry as it's more likely to be hemms or a tear. If it was dark little bits of blood actually in the stool, then that might be a sign of something else going on and you may need a colonoscopy to check it out.

Good luck!

Not to alarm you but here's my advice new
      #124795 - 11/23/04 04:49 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I had blood in my stool when I was so bad a year or so ago. I did have internal hemmorhoids causing some of the bleeding, as I suspected, but I also had polyps which I never dreamed I would at 30 years old. They were precancerous but were safely removed, and now I go every 3 years to make sure there aren't anymore.

I don't mean to scare anyone unneccessarily but I always think it's a good idea to be scoped if you are seeing blood, just in case.

hugs!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 749 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 488

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review