Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Michele..more hugs new
      #124649 - 11/22/04 11:52 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Michele,
sending you the biggest hugs ever, you are coping so well, and I'm sure that once you are fixed you will be so happy and relaxed that making babies will be breeze after this

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sending HUGS to michele! new
      #124654 - 11/22/04 12:29 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

That is so horrible, sweetie!
I am really really hoping that these treatments help you out. And YOWCH, that sounds like so much pain! As tough as I am, reading your post made me cringe.
Get better soon
**HUGS**

--------------------
-Sheri

Oh Michele! new
      #124655 - 11/22/04 12:30 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,
I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for what you are going through. The whole thing just sounds terrible, and I don't blame you for getting upset and emotional!
I hope you can just get the procedures over and done with, they do their job and you won't have to think about them anymore. I'll be sending good 'medical thoughts' (or something!) your way!
I'm sorry you have to give trying for a baby a break as well, that must be difficult for you.. But oh my goodness, can you imagine how awful a sprained ankle and this RSD if you were pregnant?? My sister sprained her ankle when she was about 7 months pregnant and she had a heck of a time getting around! At least it's only a month you have to stop trying for!!
Anyway, just wanted to send some good thoughts your way and I hope you start to feel better _really_ soon.
Let us know how everything goes!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Michele new
      #124670 - 11/22/04 01:31 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

My gosh, girl, what else is gonna go wrong? As my mother would say, "Bless your little heart!" Your hubby can just complain, but he's gotta take care of you.

I've never heard of this condition you have. And the treatment sounds very painful. I don't envy you! At least they agreed to give you something for the procedure. I can't imagine going through what you are.

Hang in there! And know you can vent with us anytime. You've been through a lot lately. It's gotta get better soon!!!!

((((Big hugs to you!)))) And don't worry about work. They'll survive at the office without you for a little while.

Re:about rsd new
      #124678 - 11/22/04 02:14 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

http://www.rsdsa-ca.org/What%20is%20RSD.html

this is a pretty imformative site if anyone wants to read about it. Thanks for all the well wishes and hugs, it really means a lot to me right now. I'm feeling really down, very depressed, sad, angry, useless....

The dr's put me on two medications. One is ultram-its just a pain med. The other is nortriptyline-its a tri cyclic anti-depressant. Its supposed to alos help with the pain. These meds have me so spaced out. I feel like I'm sleep walking. I'm SO exhausted but can't sleep. My eyes are red and puffy. Ugh, enough already!!!!!!

Anyway, to the michigan girls, I still plan on doing dinner and beads at Heathers house!! I will need some help carrying stuff in and out of her house and will probably still be on crutches but it will do me good to get out of the house and visit!!! I haven't been anywhere expect work and the hospitals for a month now!!

Thanks again everyone for all the support, it means the world to me! Love you all!!!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Michigan Girls!!! new
      #124679 - 11/22/04 02:24 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

If you feel up to it hon no problem!!!! Rich will be here. We will make him carry everything!! Including you if need be!!LOL

I hope you feel better soon!!!! HUGS!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Michigan Girls!!! new
      #124684 - 11/22/04 02:48 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Rich carry me, thats funny!! I sure hope he is bigger than Will because WIll had a hell of a time getting my big butt off the kitchen floor and into bed this past Friday!! LOL!! I do ok on the crutches now as long as I don't get as weak as I did with the last treatment!! I think the weakness was mostly from my blood pressure dropping but boy, was it scary!! I'm really looking forward to it and unless I'm on my deathbed, I'll be there!! I NEED to get out and feel like a normal person again or I'm just going to sink even lower. Its going to be fun!!!!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Oh man! new
      #124788 - 11/23/04 02:31 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Poor you! HUGS!!! Sorry I've caught this late.

Re. the nortriptyline, when are you taking it? Cos they give that kind of drugs to us Fibro-mites to help us sleep! So if you're taking it in the morning, no wonder you're spaced out! If you are taking it before bed, the grogginess should ease after a week or so. Ultram's supposed to be a good drug, btw.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

I'm glad you will be there... new
      #124803 - 11/23/04 06:00 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

we'll have to make it extra special for you so you can enjoy it more! and get plenty of rest... take care of yourself, and you will get better.. I had actually heard of RSD before, because I know someone who had it- it isn't fun, but I dont' recall her having that response to the treatments (low BP) if you keep having that- make sure they monitor it and see if there is an alternative treatment or something they can do to keep your BP stablized while they are doing it!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Update, I'm sorta back new
      #124822 - 11/23/04 07:31 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Oh my! How terrible for you, Michele. I'm so sorry you are suffering!

My husband had some cortisone shots in his spine, and I was in there with him. I thought I'd pass out just from watching it. They didn't give him any sedatives at all before they did the shots and they weren't using x-rays to see where they aimed the needle. The doctor had to go in and out several times to find the spot. My poor husband was so brave!

I'm glad you pushed for a sedative. Good for you! And make sure they're aware of the BP problem you had, too.

It's good that you're planning on a day out. That gives you something good to look forward to!

Big hugs to you and you're in my prayers.
Terri

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 486 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2031

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review