All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Any of my UK pals excited for X-Factor tonight??
      #123899 - 11/20/04 07:06 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya,
Okay, this may be a little sad (or a lot sad) but I love when Saturday night rolls around so I can watch the X-Factor!
I like Tabby best, then Cassie (I think). I am not really crazy about either of Simon's contestants. I think Steve is alright, but for some reason that I can't really place I don't like Roweta's voice at all.
I like G4, but I couldn't say I would pay big money to see them in concert or run out and buy their CDs.
Too bad Saturday Night Take Away isn't on anymore! That was a good lineup! And then Parkinson, I like Parkinson too!
You're all going to have to keep me updated as I'll be leaving before X-Factor ends (Like last year I left right when Pop Idol got down to three people, grrr!).
Yay for good Saturday Night TV!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Any of my UK pals excited for X-Factor tonight?? new
      #123938 - 11/20/04 09:00 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I am !
I haven't seen a whole episode yet but am obviously rooting for Tabby cos he's Irish and BF knew him in a past life (BF is also related TV programmes!

I also like highbrow stuff but I was really in the mood for dumbed down stuff today.

Have to go return the video and get another chick flick, BF in Sligo at his Mum's tonight, brother has a friend up and they are going out and I am still not fixed from my virus so I am staying in.

Left the house this morning to go into town and got me some yummy prawn dumplings in M&S which I ate for lunch and I have a prawn and noodle readymeal also from M&S for dinner and some boiled rhubarb and custard sweets!

I am having such a nice day, I even got up at 9.30!

REALLY NEED A SHOWER though (i stink!) Will go leave back the DVDs and then have one, its raining and I don't want to get clean hair wet!

Talk later

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Im sooooooo excited....lol!!! new
      #123944 - 11/20/04 09:07 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Steph, I cant wait...Im soo excited too...me and my flatmates have our ritual everyweek of cooking dinner just before it starts then slobbing infront of the tv for hours...we used to watch takeaway (ant n dec r my idols) and then xfactor then when there was a gap for millionaire we'd rush to our rooms and get ready....come back do our hair...then do makeup during the final xfactor show then go out!lol! We had it all planned! Tonight however we are all broke (poor uni students) and we went out lastnite so are going to just stay put infront of the box all night. Did u see sharon osbourne when she was on parkinson? shes soo funny I love her...Tabby is my favourite too...and I do love G4 theyre just so different...but I agree that I would neva buy their records or go to their concerts...but I like the way theyre so unique. I like cassie but for some reason shes a bit too normal...she has an amazing voice but I dont think she has that special something to make her different! Louis is doing my head in...his comments keep p***ing me off...and the tension between the judges is so bad...I feel sorry for the contestants...but it makes great viewing....u excited about im a celebrity starting this week?? I really wud die without tv....l lol xx

--------------------
Natalie

Girls did u see it?? new
      #124003 - 11/20/04 12:48 PM
Natalie1985

Im so excited only 15 mins to go until the results show....god I really do have too much time on my hands!lol! How good was Tabby...he is the best performer of the lot of them by far! I did think that Rowetta was Fantastic today tho too...I neva liked her voice at first but todays performance was AMAZING...it actually brought shivers down my spine...Natalie Wood sang that song in West Side Story and thats actually the reason why my mum called me Natalie! She deserves it so much...did u know her husband used to beat her up and she was living in a shelter on the floor with her two kids at one point...homeless and with no money! Shes really been through hell in her life...this is her last chance! Her and Tabby are also best friends on the show...she says shes adopted him like a son...aaahh...god can u tell heat magazine is my bible..lol!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Girls did u see it?? new
      #124019 - 11/20/04 01:24 PM
Stephie

I have to say that I thought Steve was amazing tonight. I thought they were all good. I am just watching results now, no nervewracking!
OH NO! It's down to Tabby and Cassie!! I voted for Tabby! I hope he gets through, even though I like Cassie as well... I would have rather seen Roweta go tonight, but oh well!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Girls did u see it?? new
      #124021 - 11/20/04 01:30 PM
cailin

I agree with Simon that the song was too big very Cassie, and what was with everyone's hand actions, they all looked like they were trying to fly!

I missed Steve and Cassie singing so can't comment properly on them.

I voted for Tabby, he was fantastic. I don't like Rowetta and I thought that the body language between herself and Simon was not good, and her dress was just awful!

Tabby is so cool, loved the guitar riffs. Tabby will definitely win he got great feedback from the judges earlier. HE HAS THE X FACTOR!!!!

Looking forward to it!

Sharon has just said she is not going to vote! How are they going to sort that out I wonder???

Chat after it!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

YAY TABBY WON!! new
      #124030 - 11/20/04 01:45 PM
cailin

but wasn't Simon desparate for saying that he might vote him off as the competition! He is PURE EVIL!

TABBY TO WIN!

--------------------
S.

Thank Goodness! new
      #124032 - 11/20/04 02:06 PM
Stephie

I am so glad! I really thought that since Sharon said she wouldn't vote, they'd ask the other two and that'd be it - I thought they both liked Tabby better and Cassie would get sent home for sure. So I thought it was silly when they kept asking Sharon anyway and then I was SHOCKED when Simon said he might vote Tabby off, I agree that was pure evil! I thought that if he did that to a kid who is just trying to make it into the business, and he is obviously the more talented of the two, that I would... well, I wouldn't DO anything but how awful would that have been??
I was suprised he was in the bottom 2 at all, next week I will have to really go crazy voting for him to make sure the same doesn't happen again!
I just found out that I've been accepted back into Uni, starting less than a month after I get home so I am all kinds of nervous! I am just looking through courses now, oy! Wish me luck!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

So Happy! new
      #124033 - 11/20/04 02:14 PM
Natalie1985

Yes Im well chuffed...was so shocked when it was those two in the last 2 tho....oh my god....I wanted to hit simon when he said he was thinkin of voting tabby off as competition...I knew he cudnt tho cos everyone wud hav just stopped voting for his acts if he did that just to p**s him off! He is EVIL! I thought Sharon was fantastic for stickin by her acts..u go girl! I really want Tabby to win now...Im gona vote like hell next week! Hey steph...well done for getting accepted back at uni....didnt you used to go 2 uni or something ..and had to drop out?? I remember you saying something ages ago but have forgotton...congratulations neway! xx

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Thank Goodness! new
      #124036 - 11/20/04 02:16 PM
cailin

That is really great news Steph, its COMPLETELY normal to be nervous about it though..what course are you doing and how much of it have you done already? It'll be great for you to get your life back on track and with Adrian and his new career it'll be all go.

I am going to watch another DVD now, I got three on a weeklong deal at the videoshop earlier- Shakespeare in Love, the Talented Mr Ripley and Guess Who's coming to dinner, will have to decide which to watch...decisions decisions!

BF is back in the morning about 11.30 and wants to go bathroom shopping again (which is reasonable since we are having the builders start Monday week and have no taps or wall tiles or mirror units or shower doors) but it gets tiresome. There is something strangely lovely about holding hands in a DIY superstore though! (oh yes I AM SAD!!)

Later,

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 123 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 27108

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review