All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Re: WHO WANTS TO HEAR MY STORY!!???? Long story but cool!!! new
      #124111 - 11/20/04 04:20 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

That is A great Love story!!! AAWWWW !!! Now I a feeling all lovey dovey!!!! OOOO RRRICH!!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Dalia.. new
      #124112 - 11/20/04 04:20 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

that is a FANTASTIC story! A real "fate" one. I bet every time he phoned you his voice sent shivers down your spine!
That chemistry in the airport must have been UNREAL!

I went to a comedian before who said the every couple has to have a fate story ..you know the one...if I hadn't gone to that pub that night....or in your case if I hadn't sent that email...

The coincidences are amazing. Travelling together is such a hard thing to do and its a pretty good sign of someone that you clicked so much while travelling.

I have questions!:
- what was it like when you told your parents you were going travelling with a guy you'd never met?
- how weird was it to go back to reality and not be travelling with him?
-how did you decide where to live etc?

You sound so loved up its fantastic!

This has been a lovely girlie evening! I didn't even watch my DVD and should be heading to bed but am having too much fun chatting! This beats chickflicks any night!

Sinead

Sinead

Before i joined the boards I could never understand how people could "meet" on the internet but now I feel like everyone here is my best friend and can completely understand it.

--------------------
S.

That is a fantastic story! new
      #124113 - 11/20/04 04:21 PM

Unregistered

I love every bit of that! It's stories like that that make me believe that things are meant to happen the way they do - fate! Well I just don't know what else to say besides how ooey gooey that makes me feel you guys should be in a movie or a book or something. Well I hope you have a lifetime of fantastic memories and love!

heather 7476..aww new
      #124115 - 11/20/04 04:24 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

that is really cute too! Again, element of distance involved, i really think if you are willing to wait for someone and the waiting is mutual its going to work out..

And as for the crying,I completely understand too, that was such a big deal to say the L word.

Doesn't anyone have a not cute story? You know a "well he was my second cousin and I had to marry him to keep the land in the family name" or "we got together for a reality tv show" !!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: Ok here's mine LONG new
      #124117 - 11/20/04 04:27 PM

Unregistered

oh my gosh I'm at school trying to work in the computer lab on my project and I just can't concentrate with all of these fantastic stories!
I love stories where people met when they were so young and it works out so great - it's great when you can make it through such a seperation like that too. Hooray for you guys!

ROTFL!!!! new
      #124118 - 11/20/04 04:28 PM
heather7476

Or how about "Well I was due in a week so we figured what the heck!!!"

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Dalia.. new
      #124121 - 11/20/04 04:34 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Hey Sinead
this IS such lovely girly stuff, isn't it?!
I was soooo judgemental about internet meeting before I met Asaf and now I totally appreciate the value of writing to people instead of the physicality of meeting people in real life. I love everyone on this board too!!
Well, in answer to your questions!
I come from a religious Jewish household where I was never allowed to be in a room with the door closed with a boyf, even in my 20s (it didn't stop me going away with boyfs while at university or whatever but it was always a case of my parents being soooo cold to me when I next saw them, for being a slapper or whatever - even though I really am not). So needless to say, they were NOT happy. I never officially told my Dad, he found out through my mum (my dad refused to acknowledge any boyfs till they wanted to ask for my hand!! so there was no way to broach the subject of asaf) and for my mum, it was a lesser of two evils situation, she couldn't bear the thought of me flying off on my own so at least there was someone to protect me, that is, if he didn't turn out to be a mass murderer! LOL
I was extremely apprehensive about returning to London (first step of real life) with him after the 9 month trip. Thank GOD we were engaged or my parents would have been so mean about it. (we still had to sleep in seperate rooms till we married!). But my worries melted away. He was my rock. When you have a surreal experience like travelling and return back to where you were before it all started, if you had the experience on your own, its very hard to remember it as real once you come back. But having Asaf with me, reminded me everyday, that the trip wasn't a dream and of how much came out of it - my soulmate!!
The 'deciding where to live thing' was the hardest part of our relationship. From a tiny age I always intended to go to Israel to live. I have two brothers there and there are lots of other personal reasons for wanting to live there. Asaf did not want to. He loves NYC so much. I have never been attached to London (too grey, too expensive!). So it was a case of one of us giving up close proximity to our families and our beloved lands to live in. It ended up being me. It was very very hard. I sobbed my heart out so many times, and still do, about being far away (esp from my Mummy, who is in London with my Daddy...but I want them close enough to pop in for a cup of tea etc, just to have them here). But from every other aspect, NYC is the most amazing opportunity. Career wise (nutrition) it is full to the brim of people that this caters for. Money wise (we own a studio apartment here in Manhattan which is an incredible place to live). I am very different to my family and my lifestyle DOES create problems when we are together (they are really un health concsious, religious etc - I am the opposite) and my relationship with them IS better in many ways, at a distance, even though it breaks my heart to admit that.
So thats that!
Travelling together is extremely hard to do...we had a lot of probs sometimes...personality compatability etc (he is much more anal then me about certain things...) but it worked out!
It really taught me, in order for fate to happen to you, you have to also make it happen. You HAVE to take a chance in life. Take it wisely, but take a chance!!
Lots of love!!!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: That is a fantastic story! new
      #124123 - 11/20/04 04:36 PM
daliatree

Thank you!!! Fate is amazing..you have to make it happen too though!!

--------------------

Long Distance Relationships!!! new
      #124124 - 11/20/04 04:36 PM
heather7476

Rich was in the navy for six years!!! Two of wich I was still in High School!! We maybe saw each other Eight times in two years!! Then when I moved to VA He was only home 12 days a month!! In 97 he left for 6 months agian!! This is what I learned from that!!

1) You have to be a strong person no matter if your married or not!!! You have to be able to count on yourself!!

2) If it is worth it you can wait!!

3) Hard times only makes a relationship Stronger!! We would rather spend time with each other than anybody else!!!

4) Live every moment together!!! If you fight get it over with and move on!!! Don't keep bring it backup!!!!

5) He is the only one for me!!! You have to Be BEST FRIENDS, & LOVERS!!!

Just my conclusion after many horrid Crying jags at Airports and Navy Pier's!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Long Distance Relationships!!! new
      #124125 - 11/20/04 04:40 PM
daliatree

I think you are so brave Heather to have done long distance for so long...I have had a few long distance relationships and they are sooo hard. but if you love them, there is no choice!! you only want them!
I totally agree. Being married you need to be your own, strong person too, or you get swallowed up by the simple identity of being a married woman and there is no YOU left!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 528 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 27141

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review