All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Any of my UK pals excited for X-Factor tonight??
      #123899 - 11/20/04 07:06 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya,
Okay, this may be a little sad (or a lot sad) but I love when Saturday night rolls around so I can watch the X-Factor!
I like Tabby best, then Cassie (I think). I am not really crazy about either of Simon's contestants. I think Steve is alright, but for some reason that I can't really place I don't like Roweta's voice at all.
I like G4, but I couldn't say I would pay big money to see them in concert or run out and buy their CDs.
Too bad Saturday Night Take Away isn't on anymore! That was a good lineup! And then Parkinson, I like Parkinson too!
You're all going to have to keep me updated as I'll be leaving before X-Factor ends (Like last year I left right when Pop Idol got down to three people, grrr!).
Yay for good Saturday Night TV!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Any of my UK pals excited for X-Factor tonight?? new
      #123938 - 11/20/04 09:00 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I am !
I haven't seen a whole episode yet but am obviously rooting for Tabby cos he's Irish and BF knew him in a past life (BF is also related TV programmes!

I also like highbrow stuff but I was really in the mood for dumbed down stuff today.

Have to go return the video and get another chick flick, BF in Sligo at his Mum's tonight, brother has a friend up and they are going out and I am still not fixed from my virus so I am staying in.

Left the house this morning to go into town and got me some yummy prawn dumplings in M&S which I ate for lunch and I have a prawn and noodle readymeal also from M&S for dinner and some boiled rhubarb and custard sweets!

I am having such a nice day, I even got up at 9.30!

REALLY NEED A SHOWER though (i stink!) Will go leave back the DVDs and then have one, its raining and I don't want to get clean hair wet!

Talk later

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Im sooooooo excited....lol!!! new
      #123944 - 11/20/04 09:07 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Steph, I cant wait...Im soo excited too...me and my flatmates have our ritual everyweek of cooking dinner just before it starts then slobbing infront of the tv for hours...we used to watch takeaway (ant n dec r my idols) and then xfactor then when there was a gap for millionaire we'd rush to our rooms and get ready....come back do our hair...then do makeup during the final xfactor show then go out!lol! We had it all planned! Tonight however we are all broke (poor uni students) and we went out lastnite so are going to just stay put infront of the box all night. Did u see sharon osbourne when she was on parkinson? shes soo funny I love her...Tabby is my favourite too...and I do love G4 theyre just so different...but I agree that I would neva buy their records or go to their concerts...but I like the way theyre so unique. I like cassie but for some reason shes a bit too normal...she has an amazing voice but I dont think she has that special something to make her different! Louis is doing my head in...his comments keep p***ing me off...and the tension between the judges is so bad...I feel sorry for the contestants...but it makes great viewing....u excited about im a celebrity starting this week?? I really wud die without tv....l lol xx

--------------------
Natalie

Girls did u see it?? new
      #124003 - 11/20/04 12:48 PM
Natalie1985

Im so excited only 15 mins to go until the results show....god I really do have too much time on my hands!lol! How good was Tabby...he is the best performer of the lot of them by far! I did think that Rowetta was Fantastic today tho too...I neva liked her voice at first but todays performance was AMAZING...it actually brought shivers down my spine...Natalie Wood sang that song in West Side Story and thats actually the reason why my mum called me Natalie! She deserves it so much...did u know her husband used to beat her up and she was living in a shelter on the floor with her two kids at one point...homeless and with no money! Shes really been through hell in her life...this is her last chance! Her and Tabby are also best friends on the show...she says shes adopted him like a son...aaahh...god can u tell heat magazine is my bible..lol!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Girls did u see it?? new
      #124019 - 11/20/04 01:24 PM
Stephie

I have to say that I thought Steve was amazing tonight. I thought they were all good. I am just watching results now, no nervewracking!
OH NO! It's down to Tabby and Cassie!! I voted for Tabby! I hope he gets through, even though I like Cassie as well... I would have rather seen Roweta go tonight, but oh well!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Girls did u see it?? new
      #124021 - 11/20/04 01:30 PM
cailin

I agree with Simon that the song was too big very Cassie, and what was with everyone's hand actions, they all looked like they were trying to fly!

I missed Steve and Cassie singing so can't comment properly on them.

I voted for Tabby, he was fantastic. I don't like Rowetta and I thought that the body language between herself and Simon was not good, and her dress was just awful!

Tabby is so cool, loved the guitar riffs. Tabby will definitely win he got great feedback from the judges earlier. HE HAS THE X FACTOR!!!!

Looking forward to it!

Sharon has just said she is not going to vote! How are they going to sort that out I wonder???

Chat after it!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

YAY TABBY WON!! new
      #124030 - 11/20/04 01:45 PM
cailin

but wasn't Simon desparate for saying that he might vote him off as the competition! He is PURE EVIL!

TABBY TO WIN!

--------------------
S.

Thank Goodness! new
      #124032 - 11/20/04 02:06 PM
Stephie

I am so glad! I really thought that since Sharon said she wouldn't vote, they'd ask the other two and that'd be it - I thought they both liked Tabby better and Cassie would get sent home for sure. So I thought it was silly when they kept asking Sharon anyway and then I was SHOCKED when Simon said he might vote Tabby off, I agree that was pure evil! I thought that if he did that to a kid who is just trying to make it into the business, and he is obviously the more talented of the two, that I would... well, I wouldn't DO anything but how awful would that have been??
I was suprised he was in the bottom 2 at all, next week I will have to really go crazy voting for him to make sure the same doesn't happen again!
I just found out that I've been accepted back into Uni, starting less than a month after I get home so I am all kinds of nervous! I am just looking through courses now, oy! Wish me luck!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

So Happy! new
      #124033 - 11/20/04 02:14 PM
Natalie1985

Yes Im well chuffed...was so shocked when it was those two in the last 2 tho....oh my god....I wanted to hit simon when he said he was thinkin of voting tabby off as competition...I knew he cudnt tho cos everyone wud hav just stopped voting for his acts if he did that just to p**s him off! He is EVIL! I thought Sharon was fantastic for stickin by her acts..u go girl! I really want Tabby to win now...Im gona vote like hell next week! Hey steph...well done for getting accepted back at uni....didnt you used to go 2 uni or something ..and had to drop out?? I remember you saying something ages ago but have forgotton...congratulations neway! xx

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Thank Goodness! new
      #124036 - 11/20/04 02:16 PM
cailin

That is really great news Steph, its COMPLETELY normal to be nervous about it though..what course are you doing and how much of it have you done already? It'll be great for you to get your life back on track and with Adrian and his new career it'll be all go.

I am going to watch another DVD now, I got three on a weeklong deal at the videoshop earlier- Shakespeare in Love, the Talented Mr Ripley and Guess Who's coming to dinner, will have to decide which to watch...decisions decisions!

BF is back in the morning about 11.30 and wants to go bathroom shopping again (which is reasonable since we are having the builders start Monday week and have no taps or wall tiles or mirror units or shower doors) but it gets tiresome. There is something strangely lovely about holding hands in a DIY superstore though! (oh yes I AM SAD!!)

Later,

Sinead

--------------------
S.

University new
      #124037 - 11/20/04 02:21 PM
Stephie

Hiya,
Yeah, I used to go to University when I was living in Canada before. I left to come to England for 6 months, and then ended up staying for 2 years so I haven't been in school for a while!
I WAS doing an English degree, until I realised that I am absolutely useless at understanding poetry so then was undecided. I enjoy History, so I may do a degree in History although I have no idea what I would do with it once I've gotten in. More recently, I've been thinking about doing a degree in Psychology.
First I have to get my "Associate of Arts Degree", which I need 7 more classes to have - so I am going to take both Psych and History classes for that, then decide between the two for when I have to declare a major. Scary stuff. Lots to buy. Money, money, money. Means no car for me! Oh well, I've gotten pretty used to the bus!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: University new
      #124040 - 11/20/04 02:27 PM
cailin

Sounds very interesting, I would love to go back to college! And a break in your education will have you more focussed on what you ACTUALLY want to study too, and you get to go back to Canada and away from your yucky sorta inlaws. Its WIN WIN WIN WIN for Steph!

Can I pry some more? How did you and Adrian meet? Was it in the UK or Canada? (hope its a mushy story, I love mushy stories!)

Sinead

--------------------
S.

oooh videos... new
      #124041 - 11/20/04 02:27 PM
Natalie1985

Hey Sinead, Ive seen Shakespeare in Love which is good if you like those kinds of movies..I did...though I think I remember it being slightly strange?? Havent seen the talented Mr Ripley...is that the one with Jude Law?? Don't know the other one either. Im just watching Moulin Rouge on channel 4...Ive never seen it before but I love musicals like chicago...I was brought up on them. This one seems a bit weird though at the moment! Arrr and I think it is cute holding hands in a DIY store too..lol...hope that happens to me someday...Im 19 boyfriendless and judging by the choice of men at the moment gona be for a long time to come...I seriously am unlucky when it comes to things like that...I cant wait to be all loved up. I went out last night and got into an argument in a bar with a lad who thought it was alright to feel my a**e and said I should take it as a compliment and that I brought it on myself by being attractive! I actually smacked him across the cheek ...oops...couldnt help it...I am feministic when it comes to things like that and I find it offensive and rude...men these days dont seem to know what the word gentleman or respect mean....we're just an object apparently...grrr it makes me so mad...glad you're happy...aaahh you've got me dreaming...lol...

--------------------
Natalie

Mushy Stories! new
      #124046 - 11/20/04 02:36 PM
Stephie

Okay, but I wanna hear your 'How We Met' story afterwards!

So.. alright, this isn't that romantic but Adrian and I met in a pub in England. When my girl friend and I came over here, we got jobs in this pub in Kent. We lived there as well. Without really going into it, it was by the far the WORST job (and the worst overall experience) of my LIFE. Our boss was terrible, we had bedbugs, worked 13 hour shifts.. awful). Anywho, the pub was Adrian's local and all his friends used to come in and sit at the bar all the time. He knew all the bar staff really well.
He was SO NICE to me and my friend, they offered to take us out and show us around London and we went out lots of outings with them to Hastings and Camber and stuff, it was fun. Problem? He had a girlfriend! Did that stop me from making a total you-know-what out of myself one night when I was really drunk? Nooooo.
So he broke up with his girlfriend about a week later, and about a week after that we went out on our first date. The problem with THAT was that everyone had spent so long convincing me to drop it and forget about him, that I didn't even know it was a date! And I invited other people along!

I think a better story for us was that he came home with me to Canada for Christmas, and we both had decided that I would stay in Canada and he would return to England we wouldn't be together anymore. So it was hard, but we both still wanted to have Christmas together so he came. He had to go home on New Years Day, we had to leave for the airport at 4 o'clock in the morning! We went to my friend's wedding on New Year's Eve, and he all of a sudden had this massive change of heart and asked me to come back to England for the year and then he would move to Canada. It was really hard at the airport, crying and all that mushiness because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do.. but in the end, we all know how it worked out!

Okay, your turn!!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

that would make me MAD! new
      #124050 - 11/20/04 02:41 PM
cailin

I have 2 tricks for when my a$$ is grabbed )depending on my level of intoxication.) These were used in my college days and I am now much more respectable (well that's what my employers think!!)
)
1. Grab hand that is grabbing you,while still looking away dig nails in and stamp preferably stilettoed foot on foot of person who owns hand. This is an unnoticeable to the crowd as what he did to you

2. Do exactly what you did! Oh yes, I have done this a few times.

A friend of mine has a couple of lines she uses ranging from "in your dreams" to "shouldn't touch what you'll NEVER have"

I have done the feminist rants too and asked guys if they thought that grabbing my a@@ would make them more attractive to me, and proceeding to slurringly lecture them on how to treat a lady!

I was boyfriendless at 19 too, its a good thing, If I had met my BF earlier I couldn't have been as sure about him and my feelings for him unless I had something to compare them to! (we got together when i was 20, in 3rd year in college)

I am pretty loved up at the moment, me and my guy are together a LONG time and understand each other, we rarely argue and work well together, we are both very independent and not threatened or insecure in our relationship. Oh and I fancy the pants of him which helps!

It just works and that's great, but I know if I had thought at 20 that I was looking for a guy to buy a house with and spend my life with I wouldn't have known where to look and would have been COMPLETELY freaked out, it just happened that we did meet when we did and we managed to stay together and its all working out great.

(mushy mushy 'nead!)

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Natalie new
      #124051 - 11/20/04 02:42 PM
Stephie

Hiya,
Good for you for telling that guy how it is when he tried to grab you! I CANNOT believe people are so gutsy when they do stuff like that! I was at a.. well, an admittedly really lame club known for 15 year olds and fights, but anyway.. club with my boyfriend and a guy grabbed my bum when I was walking by! I mean.. HELLO! I was with my boyfriend! Luckily, he didn't see or I think he would have gone back there and 'explained' to the guy why that wasn't appropriate!
Are you enjoying Moulin Rouge? I like Chicago, but I really wasn't into Moulin Rouge AT ALL. It's one of the only movies I've walked out of before the end! I can't remember now why I didn't like it so much, but when I saw it was on TV I thought I'd pass!
Don't worry about the boyfriend thing! Trust me, once you have a boyfriend you'll be wishing you were single again! Women are never content, are they?? Have straight hair, want curly hair.. have curly hair, want straight.. Single? want a boyfriend... and on and on. Oh dear! It's so exhausting!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

AWWW!! Here's mine...LONG! new
      #124052 - 11/20/04 02:59 PM
cailin

Awww...yours is lovely, I LOVE airport scenes and its a show of commitment to say something like that..

here's mine..........
Met Padhraig (there, I'm so mushy I've typed his name! Its pronounced PAW-RIGG) when a mutual friend ran for student election in April 1996. We had chemistry from the beginning but even though we were both single we did nothing about it til June when we kissed at an end of college term party hosted by the friend who introduced us.

We both went home for the summer, him to Sligo, me to Wexford (350miles from Sligo) for a month and then back to Limerick where we went to college (200 miles from Sligo!) for the rest of the summer, we didn't contact each other at all.

I had my "wild" summer, I lived with a group of guy friends from my class and we partied A LOT! (if I hadn't I don't think we would be together now!)

Back to college in September, I can still remember the first time I saw him when he came back after the summer. I was plastered, just having been offered a job, and was on crutches because I had fallen into a hole and broken my toe on the way home from a party. He was sober and scared!

SIX very frustrating weeks passed , we spent loads of time together talking but I felt he was holding back and I didn't want to make an idiot of myself and eventually I decided with a friend that if P and I didn't get together "by Wednesday" then I was moving on from my infatuation! I even refused my brother to come visit me that night!

So this friend and I got some of our college societies' budgets (she was in the same one as P) and had a mutual event which involved us buying drinks, hiring a room and only inviting 15 people of our choosing.

That night we got together, and he asked me to go out with him. October 30, 1996.

We have a distance story too..in February 97 when we were together only 3 months he was doing a college work placement in NYC and was going to be gone til September. We talked about it and agreed we didn't want to break up just because of that, and I decided to spend the summer in the US. So for four months I survived on a once a week phonecall and the odd letter (I wrote to HIm all the time!)
this was before email was very common!

I was so scared going out there in June, but my 21st was the first day of my finals and he sent me 21 red roses, and a fedex package with a handmade voucher for a helicopter ride around NYC, concert tickets for a concert in NY and a weekend in Washington DC. I was bowled over, and I knew I had made the right decision.

We had such a good summer together and I applied to do a Masters in Limerick as I was a year ahead of him in college. September 1998 we moved to Dublin, P to do his Masters and me to work and we decided to move in together, (with 2 friends from college) it was a completely practical as opposed to romantic/serious thing to do and it worked out unbelievably well.

We moved in on our own in August 2002 and bought our house together last July. I am glad I took the risk on those few months in 1997!

mushily loved-uppedly yours,

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: AWWW!! Here's mine...LONG! new
      #124058 - 11/20/04 03:10 PM

Unregistered

Hope you don't mind me butting in but your stories are so great! I wish I could find a great guy and have such fantastically mushy stories as both of yours. Unfortunately I'm like Natalie and the boy situation around here is quiet awful and at this point I need to do all the things I want to in my life and really work on loving myself 100% (as silly as that sounds - but i promise it makes sense) before I could let someone else love me. Is marriage in the near future for either you??

marriage? me? new
      #124061 - 11/20/04 03:22 PM
cailin

Glad you liked the stories Brittany, you are not butting in at all! I love hearing them and I love telling mine. I always tease Padhraig that he played so hard to get that he nearly lost me!

I completely understand about the loving yourself, if you don't then you won't let anyone else in. I have one friend with really low confidence about herself and her body and she constantly drives men away with her body language as she comes across as really snooty.

Marriage....I will wait to be asked but if I marry anyone it'll be him!

We talk about the future together and our kids and stuff and we do talk about our wedding when we are at weddings but he refuses to let me talk about it too much!

And I am a traditional girl and want to be asked!

Near future....well I am 28 now, and would like to get married while I am no more than 30 because I want to start having a family too, but right now we can't afford the wedding we would like and while I know that's not important in the grand scheme of things its a consideration. We also want to relocate after we get married and that isn't a step we are ready for yet.

So if he asked me i the morning I would say YES YES YES!, but I am not disappointed that he hasn't asked as I am secure in our relationship and know how much he loves me!
I am not one of those poor girls whois jusy dying to get married and her guy won't commit. (diplomatic answer, but I know what I mean! )

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: marriage? me? new
      #124063 - 11/20/04 03:30 PM

Unregistered

Yeah that's my thing too..I've had big confidence and body image issues in the not too distant past and no matter how many times someone will tell me that I'm pretty or whatever part of me just doesn't believe. And I get the whole coming off snooty thing too. I don't know though, all in good time I suppose.
But I'm glad you know where your relationship is headed though. I'm traditional like you and will definitely wait to be asked. Maybe he's just planning something big and wants to catch you off guard. - you sound like you found a great guy! Lucky girl! Where are you guys wanting to relocate to?

Haha....so true! new
      #124069 - 11/20/04 03:37 PM
Natalie1985

Yea steph that is so true...we women are so indecisive we always want what we dont have. I actually turned moulin rouge off before it ended...I got lost somewhere in the middle...not what I expected! I was so angry about that guy last night I cant tell you...I couldnt help but smack him...it wasnt just the fact that he did it but the fact that he really really didnt see what was wrong with it and actually said it was a way of being 'affectionate'...oh my god if thats affectionate I dont know what the worlds coming to! It wasnt even just a pinch either it was a proper feel...urgh im feelin sick at the thought...the men in that place last night were overly creepy...FORWARD is an understatement. Glad you and your boyfriend are happy and that everythings going well for you at the moment...I know you'll stay in touch when you go back to Toronto...we'd miss you loads if you didnt...

--------------------
Natalie

#124071 - 11/20/04 03:39 PM
cailin

You are a lot of the way there by recognising this Brittany!

My partying summer before Padhraig and I got together did a huge amount for my confidence, it was the first time I really felt attractive (and the first time I dyed my hair a lighter shade!) and I really think this helped us.

We are both countrykids and don't want to live in the city forever, I grew up in a small seaside village 100m from the beach and 15 miles from the nearest town, Padhraig grew up in the countryside 3 miles from a village and five miles from a town. We want to live in the country, probably on the East Coast of Ireland (closer to my folks than his!)We would like to build our own house, hopefully close to the sea when we sell our "city pad". The prices down home are so much more reasonable than here that we would get a house at least twice the size with a big garden for what we paid for our current shoebox!

We also want to travel a bit first, my idea is to take six months out from work and do an extended honeymoon but on a backpackers budget, it would be great!

So many things to do...so many clocks ticking!!

And yes, he is a great guy, most of the time!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Marriage... and self confidence... and all that jazz. new
      #124074 - 11/20/04 03:41 PM
Stephie

Hi Brittany,
I agree with Sinead, I love hearing/talking about fun 'fall in love' stories, I can't get enough! You're not butting in at all!
I also agree with the self confidence thing - I have a friend who is SO HARD on herself and she is always putting herself down, and then she wonders why she doesn't have a boyfriend.. and then puts herself down about that, it is a vicious cycle, I tell you! It's too bad 'cause she is so SO nice and so SO funny, but she sort of gives off a 'don't come near me' vibe. I had problems with self conscious stuff, especially about my body that boys I'd grown up with had sorta drilled into me. It wasn't until I got away (to England) that I sorta let go of all that, and them wham-o! Boyfriend for me! And since getting together with him, my self confidence is miles higher as he managed to convince me that a lot of the things I'd been feeling self conscious about were ridiculous (in a nice way, of course!).

As for marriage, I don't know. I mean.. hmm, eventually yes. We've talked about it, and when we talk about the future we can say, "After we get married" casually and stuff, and not freak out about it (anymore! ) but I'm not expecting a ring on my finger tomorrow.. or the day after, or the day after.. You know what I mean!
My family is really starting to push about it (I'm only 22!). My mom keeps telling me how my grandma has picked me out a wedding dress, and when I was at home for Christmas (when Adrian and I were planning to break up no less!) she wanted me to go to Bridal fairs with her and stuff. I got some money when my Uncle died and she has already put it into a "Wedding Fund" (which concerns me as I was hoping to use it for school).. so apparently everyone else is planning for this marriage more than I am at this point!
I do eventually want to have a nice wedding, and get married but there are lots of other things I want to do first. I'd like to be engaged for a while too.. I think that sounds like a nice stage.. having a fiance. But my boyfriend thinks long engagements are stupid, so I guess that's outta the question for me! Unless I just keep stalling, hee hee.
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

#124078 - 11/20/04 03:44 PM

Unregistered

Well that sounds like a marvelous plan! I couldn't imagine living away from the beach the rest of my life after growing up with it. Sounds like a beautiful place where you used to live! Best of luck with your plans - and I definitely think the traveling thing sounds like a great idea - it's better now when you're young and energetic and wouldn't have any real commitments with kids and such yet.

Great advice sinead! new
      #124080 - 11/20/04 03:45 PM
Natalie1985

Hey sinead...thanks for the great advice...Ive tried a few of those tricks before and dya know what...the worst thing is that when we women try sticking up for ourselves in situations like that, they think that we'r being arrogant and have our head stuck up our backside. Infact thats what that lad said lastnite....something about me being attractive and 'knowing it'....to say that is anything but the truth is an understatement ...Im not that type of girl at all...the trouble is, theres so many girls these days that have taken female liberation to the extreme...to the point where they put themselves about and have no respect whatsoever...I actually partly blame them for the way some men treat women...and theyre the ones that ask for it...makes it harder for the rest of us self respecting decent women... who are independant but not arrogant with it! grrrr im getting on my feminist rant again....lol...

--------------------
Natalie

AWWWWWWWW thats just soooo sweeet!!! -nt- new
      #124086 - 11/20/04 03:50 PM
Natalie1985

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Marriage... and self confidence... and all that jazz. new
      #124090 - 11/20/04 03:54 PM

Unregistered

Your story is so great! I definitely think you'll know what feels right when it comes to the length of your engagement. How cute too about your grandma having your dressed picked out already too! Best of luck to you guys!

BTW Natalie... new
      #124091 - 11/20/04 03:55 PM
cailin

post a pic! Its nice to have a face to the name, especially now that today I have learned that you're a gypsy scouse who thinks she's attractive!!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: Mushy Stories! new
      #124092 - 11/20/04 03:55 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

That is sooooo cute!!! awwww...airports are such dramatic places romancewise!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Brittany u are my twin! lol! new
      #124093 - 11/20/04 03:57 PM
Natalie1985

You know brit, Im starting to get scared with how similar you and me are...I know we realised that a while back but it does just get more and more weird! Im exactly like you...come off snooty when I really dont mean to me...I seriously think guys think I have...WARNING DONT APPROACH...on my head...I dont mean it at all...but I have serious self confidence issues too! I also cant wait for the traditional wedding marriage kids loved up thing...my mum and dad have the best relationship in the world and after 25 years theyre still like loved up teenagers! Me and my flatmate have just been having this conversation...shes doesnt believe its ever going to happen even though she wants it to...but Im the biggest believer in fate and I REALLY think it will!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: AWWW!! STEPH AND SINEAD!! new
      #124094 - 11/20/04 03:57 PM
heather7476

Loc: South East Michigan

Those are great stories!!! Loved reading them!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: AWWW!! Here's mine...LONG! new
      #124095 - 11/20/04 03:57 PM
daliatree

Awwwww Sinead!! That is so sweet!!!

--------------------

Dalia, Heather Share yours! n/t new
      #124097 - 11/20/04 03:59 PM
cailin

--------------------
S.

maybe we are twins and we don't know it! LOL new
      #124098 - 11/20/04 04:00 PM

Unregistered

Alright ladies... new
      #124099 - 11/20/04 04:01 PM
Stephie

I have had a lovely night talking to you all, but I gotta get my toush to bed!
Not that I have anything exciting planned for tomorrow.. but you never know!
I've printed off about a million pages of course stuff to look through, so I'm off into pajama land to do some really rivotting (sp??) reading!
Night night, girls!
*** hugs ***
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Marriage... and self confidence... and all that jazz. new
      #124101 - 11/20/04 04:07 PM
cailin

Steph- I agree with Adrian about long engagements, I don't really see the point of them. But I have six years on you so you have more time for one than I do! Don't want to become an old maid do i??

I don't get any pressure from my direct family (apart from my sister whos 13 wanting to be a bridesmaid) but my Dad's brothers (one of whom has 2 daughters my age both of whom are married years, the other of whom has 2 daughters older than me, neither of whom have boyfriends) give me some hassle sometimes.

My parents truly love Padhraig and his tolerate me (!) so they would all be delighted if we did have news like that, and we will one day. P is a year younger than me too and I think it takes guys longer to be ready than girls (could be that they get nothing out of an engagement except a fiancee, the girls get the ring)

I did feel the girlfriend thing when we were going on hols last year, I insisted that we make wills to take care of each other before we went. When P was in hospital I got tired of being his girlfriend as for all the nurses and doctors knew I could have been someone he'd hooked up with the previous week! On the other hand I like saying "my boyfriend" other times, makes me feel all girlie!

I got really freaked when my friends started getting married last year, I have since been to nine weddings in 12 months and find it normal now!

Here's a question...does anyone think that there is an ideal age for marrying?

I think mid twenties, if you can afford it, and start your family then and have your midlife to yourself with kiddies shipped off to college! There is just so much to cram into one life!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

WHO WANTS TO HEAR MY STORY!!???? Long story but cool!!! new
      #124104 - 11/20/04 04:12 PM
daliatree

I am butting in with mine because I think you will enjoy it!
So June 2002 I graduate from Leeds University (Yay Natalie!!) and decide that I am going to temp as a personal assistant for as long as it takes to save enough money to go round the world! My dream trip. I had recently broken up with a complete arsehole of a boyfriend and decided that, for once (I am a serial monogamist and have been since age 14), this was not going to be about men (I LOVE men :-)), it was going to be about self improvement, loving myself etc.
So this job I get is great, and I decide that I will have enough money by March 2003 to leave. So in November 2002, I join my first ever website, sneakily at work (minimising the window as soon as my boss walks by etc), The Lonely Planet Thorn Tree ( a travel website belonging to the world famous travel guides with half a million users worldwide) - in order to research all the countries I am going to go to and get to know other travellers etc.
One day in late November I decide to look at the 'Travel Companions' forum....people searching for others to travel with...just for fun. I SERIOUSLY had NO intention of travelling with some random person from the internet...I wanted to entertain myself to see what kind of people were out there.
So I see this post (27th Nov 2002!!) '24 yr old guy from NYC going round the world in March 03...this is my route (lists all the countries) get in touch!'.
It was EXACTLY the same route and timing as my planned trip. I was like 'do I write to him, do I not? what if he is weird?'...I thought...what the hell?
So I just wrote to this guy, whose username was NewYawkah, and said 'hey you are doing the same trip as me!'.
He wrote back 'email me, my name is Asaf'.
I was like BOOM. Oh my God, it is an Israeli name (we are SUCH a minority in the world - my family are Israeli too)...and SERIOUSLY an insane part of me said 'Maybe this is my husband?'. I then slapped myself and said 'stop having insane man obsessed thoughts idiot Dalia, get a grip!'
So we emailed. and we emailed and we emailed. and within ten days I felt like this guy was my best friend. He sent me photos of himself (and my computer was soooo slow and it was downloading sooo slowly and I was like 'please be good looking etc'!!!), I sent him a photo of me.
Then he called...and we spoke alllll night and he was so funny and we got on so well.
We started to think about eachother alll day, and forgot about thinking about the trip.
On Valentines day, he told me he loved me! Down the phone! I loved him too, so much!!
So, needless to say, all this time we decided to start the trip together and if we didn't like eachother on meeting we could just go our own ways.
So two days before we left for New Zealand, Asaf, flew to London. I waited for him in the airport and needless to say I had pooed, constantly, the entire night before!! He walked out and I recognised him from his photos immediately!! I jumped over the barrier and hugged him so tight, we looked at eachother (he was shaking and saying 'let me see you, let me see you') and kissed and the chemistry was there in real life (HUGE sigh of relief!!). We went back to a hotel in London and I am not giving you those juicy details! hahahhaha.
So two days later we flew to New Zealand and started travelling, over to Australia and up into all of South East Asia. Asaf proposed to me, 6 months after we first got together, in our hotel in Saigon, Vietnam. It was totally spontaneous.
We married in July, just passed, in Israel and now I am living in NYC!!
How random is that??????

--------------------

LOL!! new
      #124106 - 11/20/04 04:15 PM
Natalie1985

I know...I promise I will when I sort out how to attach my damn camera to this computer...being at uni I have no one to help me...I always feel dead rude not having a picture...its like I dont want to be known or something...that isnt the case...I promise Ill sort it asap....

--------------------
Natalie

Ok here's mine LONG new
      #124108 - 11/20/04 04:16 PM
heather7476

I was at friend Shannon's house (I was 16) and this car pulls up!! In the car was an old friend of her's ( Kelli) and her brother inlaw ( Rich)!!! My first thought of Rich was what a dork!!! We all started hanging out in that summer!! Kelli's husband (Rich's brother) was over sea's in the Navy! So after about a month I relized I realy like this guy (Rich)!! I went to tell My friend and she was like "no realy it is only obvious you both like each other" !!!
I could have crawled in a hole!!! So he Finnaly askes Shannon for my number and calls one night!!! So he comes over and we start hanginhg out!! Then he askes me on a date!!! We went to dinner and putput golf!! WE went and seen A leauge of their own!! He gave me a good night kiss!! It was a great date!!

About a month later he was bring me home from a date and said I love you as I was climbong out of the car, I said I will talk to you later!! I didn't relize what he said!!!!! I got up to my door and it hit me!!! I turned around to run back to the car amd tell I loved him to, but he was already half way down the street!!! So i ran in the house told my mom and burst into tears!!! I called him later and told him what happeded and That I loved him to!!! He left for the Navy Two weeks later and we rarely saw each other over the next two years!! I have TONS of love letters though!!! I have kept them all these years!!! I moved to Va to be with him two months after Grad from high school!! We got married six months later!! He proposed at my mom's wedding in front 250 people on the dance floor!!! It was also my Birthday!!!

We will have been married ten tears this coming FEB!! We have been a couple for 12 1/2years!!! I love my dork with all my heart!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Ok here's mine LONG new
      #124110 - 11/20/04 04:20 PM
daliatree

awwww heather..that is sooo sweet. its so great to have all the letters...
wasn't it the BIGGEST deal when you were a teenager to mess up something like that 'I love you' situation!! I can just see myself running in to my mum and crying! LOL. Soooo cute!

--------------------

Re: WHO WANTS TO HEAR MY STORY!!???? Long story but cool!!! new
      #124111 - 11/20/04 04:20 PM
heather7476

That is A great Love story!!! AAWWWW !!! Now I a feeling all lovey dovey!!!! OOOO RRRICH!!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Dalia.. new
      #124112 - 11/20/04 04:20 PM
cailin

that is a FANTASTIC story! A real "fate" one. I bet every time he phoned you his voice sent shivers down your spine!
That chemistry in the airport must have been UNREAL!

I went to a comedian before who said the every couple has to have a fate story ..you know the one...if I hadn't gone to that pub that night....or in your case if I hadn't sent that email...

The coincidences are amazing. Travelling together is such a hard thing to do and its a pretty good sign of someone that you clicked so much while travelling.

I have questions!:
- what was it like when you told your parents you were going travelling with a guy you'd never met?
- how weird was it to go back to reality and not be travelling with him?
-how did you decide where to live etc?

You sound so loved up its fantastic!

This has been a lovely girlie evening! I didn't even watch my DVD and should be heading to bed but am having too much fun chatting! This beats chickflicks any night!

Sinead

Sinead

Before i joined the boards I could never understand how people could "meet" on the internet but now I feel like everyone here is my best friend and can completely understand it.

--------------------
S.

That is a fantastic story! new
      #124113 - 11/20/04 04:21 PM

Unregistered

I love every bit of that! It's stories like that that make me believe that things are meant to happen the way they do - fate! Well I just don't know what else to say besides how ooey gooey that makes me feel you guys should be in a movie or a book or something. Well I hope you have a lifetime of fantastic memories and love!

heather 7476..aww new
      #124115 - 11/20/04 04:24 PM
cailin

that is really cute too! Again, element of distance involved, i really think if you are willing to wait for someone and the waiting is mutual its going to work out..

And as for the crying,I completely understand too, that was such a big deal to say the L word.

Doesn't anyone have a not cute story? You know a "well he was my second cousin and I had to marry him to keep the land in the family name" or "we got together for a reality tv show" !!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: Ok here's mine LONG new
      #124117 - 11/20/04 04:27 PM

Unregistered

oh my gosh I'm at school trying to work in the computer lab on my project and I just can't concentrate with all of these fantastic stories!
I love stories where people met when they were so young and it works out so great - it's great when you can make it through such a seperation like that too. Hooray for you guys!

ROTFL!!!! new
      #124118 - 11/20/04 04:28 PM
heather7476

Or how about "Well I was due in a week so we figured what the heck!!!"

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Dalia.. new
      #124121 - 11/20/04 04:34 PM
daliatree

Hey Sinead
this IS such lovely girly stuff, isn't it?!
I was soooo judgemental about internet meeting before I met Asaf and now I totally appreciate the value of writing to people instead of the physicality of meeting people in real life. I love everyone on this board too!!
Well, in answer to your questions!
I come from a religious Jewish household where I was never allowed to be in a room with the door closed with a boyf, even in my 20s (it didn't stop me going away with boyfs while at university or whatever but it was always a case of my parents being soooo cold to me when I next saw them, for being a slapper or whatever - even though I really am not). So needless to say, they were NOT happy. I never officially told my Dad, he found out through my mum (my dad refused to acknowledge any boyfs till they wanted to ask for my hand!! so there was no way to broach the subject of asaf) and for my mum, it was a lesser of two evils situation, she couldn't bear the thought of me flying off on my own so at least there was someone to protect me, that is, if he didn't turn out to be a mass murderer! LOL
I was extremely apprehensive about returning to London (first step of real life) with him after the 9 month trip. Thank GOD we were engaged or my parents would have been so mean about it. (we still had to sleep in seperate rooms till we married!). But my worries melted away. He was my rock. When you have a surreal experience like travelling and return back to where you were before it all started, if you had the experience on your own, its very hard to remember it as real once you come back. But having Asaf with me, reminded me everyday, that the trip wasn't a dream and of how much came out of it - my soulmate!!
The 'deciding where to live thing' was the hardest part of our relationship. From a tiny age I always intended to go to Israel to live. I have two brothers there and there are lots of other personal reasons for wanting to live there. Asaf did not want to. He loves NYC so much. I have never been attached to London (too grey, too expensive!). So it was a case of one of us giving up close proximity to our families and our beloved lands to live in. It ended up being me. It was very very hard. I sobbed my heart out so many times, and still do, about being far away (esp from my Mummy, who is in London with my Daddy...but I want them close enough to pop in for a cup of tea etc, just to have them here). But from every other aspect, NYC is the most amazing opportunity. Career wise (nutrition) it is full to the brim of people that this caters for. Money wise (we own a studio apartment here in Manhattan which is an incredible place to live). I am very different to my family and my lifestyle DOES create problems when we are together (they are really un health concsious, religious etc - I am the opposite) and my relationship with them IS better in many ways, at a distance, even though it breaks my heart to admit that.
So thats that!
Travelling together is extremely hard to do...we had a lot of probs sometimes...personality compatability etc (he is much more anal then me about certain things...) but it worked out!
It really taught me, in order for fate to happen to you, you have to also make it happen. You HAVE to take a chance in life. Take it wisely, but take a chance!!
Lots of love!!!

--------------------

Re: That is a fantastic story! new
      #124123 - 11/20/04 04:36 PM
daliatree

Thank you!!! Fate is amazing..you have to make it happen too though!!

--------------------

Long Distance Relationships!!! new
      #124124 - 11/20/04 04:36 PM
heather7476

Rich was in the navy for six years!!! Two of wich I was still in High School!! We maybe saw each other Eight times in two years!! Then when I moved to VA He was only home 12 days a month!! In 97 he left for 6 months agian!! This is what I learned from that!!

1) You have to be a strong person no matter if your married or not!!! You have to be able to count on yourself!!

2) If it is worth it you can wait!!

3) Hard times only makes a relationship Stronger!! We would rather spend time with each other than anybody else!!!

4) Live every moment together!!! If you fight get it over with and move on!!! Don't keep bring it backup!!!!

5) He is the only one for me!!! You have to Be BEST FRIENDS, & LOVERS!!!

Just my conclusion after many horrid Crying jags at Airports and Navy Pier's!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Long Distance Relationships!!! new
      #124125 - 11/20/04 04:40 PM
daliatree

I think you are so brave Heather to have done long distance for so long...I have had a few long distance relationships and they are sooo hard. but if you love them, there is no choice!! you only want them!
I totally agree. Being married you need to be your own, strong person too, or you get swallowed up by the simple identity of being a married woman and there is no YOU left!!

--------------------

ROTFLMBO!!! new
      #124127 - 11/20/04 04:41 PM
cailin

Heather- you are bad!!!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

ideal age to marry!! new
      #124132 - 11/20/04 04:47 PM
daliatree

I don't think there is an ideal age. I mean, I always said I wanted to get married at 24, and funnily enough DID end up marrying at 24 BUT that was an age for ME!! And to be honest, its hard to believe that I am married (last night I had a dream that I slept with an ex and oh my GOD I woke up this morning next to Asaf feeling really distant and guilty etc at the same time! It was awful...it was because I was watching Oprah before I fell asleep and it was about women and adultery!) so this morning I realised that this is it for the rest of my life, and even though I feel like I am still 16, I am actually married! Freaked out a bit! Stupid dream..
why I am warbling on...oh yeah...so there is no ideal age, you have to be ready for the whole deal...which is really, truly, fun and wonderful with the right person! A marriage can only really be good if you are best friends too...seriously..it involves sooo much housemate, friendship stuff, but obviously you need to be compatible in the juicier ways too!

--------------------

Re: ideal age to marry!! new
      #124135 - 11/20/04 04:50 PM
heather7476

I was 19!! I don't regret marring that younge one bit!!! I also have dreams of other guys!!! IT's natural!!!! I also have dreams were Rich cheats on me!! I just roll smack him and go back to sleep!!! He has gotten used to this over the years!!! LOL

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Dalia.. new
      #124136 - 11/20/04 04:53 PM
cailin

Hey Dalia,

thanks for your patience in answering me!

I love NYC and would move there in the morning so I can understand that, its funny when I was there home never really seemed too far away, and nowhere seems far from anywhere when Padhraig is with me.

Its tough going when your parents don't approve, I am lucky, Padhraig was the first guy i brought home and they really love him, they are disappointed if I go home without him and my small brother who is ten swaps Playstation games with him and thinks that Padhraig is cool! I can imagine my Mum's reaction if I was to go away like you did, but I can see your Mum's perspective on it the whole lesser of 2 evils thing. My Mum was really nervous abt me going to the US to Padhraig in case things didn't work out.

The first time we stayed at home we had a very full house so my friend and I shared my bed and P slept on the floor. The second time, I phoned my mum from an hour away and she said "I hope you don't expect me to make up a 2nd bed at such short notice" and so it was. My parents separated for six years and got back "together", P's parents are separated years so none of them were in a position to preach to us on morals, relationships etc. We get a double bed in his place too. (and there are 6 kids, 2 parents and 5 bedrooms in my house, when we are all home my small brother has to sleep on the floor!)

I really agree about making fate happen, you have to be open to it and take a few risks, it doesn't just fall on your lap.

You two really sound so happy, true soulmates. When I come to fallsprawl in NYC next year (say it enough times and it will come true!) I hope to meet you both!

I really should go to bed! its 1am but you lot are such good company I don't want to ...silly silly 'nead!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: ideal age to marry!! new
      #124137 - 11/20/04 04:54 PM
daliatree

you are so funny!! asaf thinks its hysterical when I am cold to him for a whole morning because i can't get over my dream of him with a blond bimbo!! hahahahahha..it feels sooo real. Do you dream of ex's ? It really disturbs me! makes me wake up feeling like I still want the ex (had a huge hold over me attraction wise), which feels sooo wrong because I ADORE Asaf!
Sometimes I wish I would have married at the youngest age possible. I love Asaf so much, that our entire life doesn't seem long enough to spend together and I wish we had more!!

--------------------

The Queen of Long Distance Relationships! new
      #124139 - 11/20/04 04:56 PM
cailin

Heather
You win the crown. He must be worth waiting for! That must have been so hard!

I agree wholeheartedly with each of your 5 points, I always saw that P and I are great together, but also great separately, I can't stand people who constantly use "we" instead of "I" when you ask them a question about themselves! Stand up on your own two feet, make decisions for yourself and you'll get your rewards...

Speaking of rewards, I will have to say goodnight soon, its late and my eyes are sore from tiredness and the screen!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Sinead!! new
      #124141 - 11/20/04 04:58 PM
daliatree

Thats great that you get to sleep together. Often my mum would get in a more fun mood and say she realise dhow ridiculous is was that we travelled together all that time and suddenly we are separated! Our sex life disappeared all the time we were in London because the floorboards and beds are all so creaky and my dad paces up and down the corridoors etc worrying!!! He is so cute, such a protective daddy, I am the only girl with three brothers that run free...really really old fashioned!
We will make the fall sprawl happen in NYC and I will bake allll the cakes etc! Would be such a laugh! And you are welcome to come and visit anytime (for the ipod and luna bars!!)

--------------------

Re: Sinead!! new
      #124145 - 11/20/04 05:05 PM
cailin

Dalia-

Its good that they are relaxed but we are soo paranoid at home when we share a bed, my bed is REALLY creaky and P's house is a bungalow that never sleeps and our room is closest to the living area and beside the bathroom, the head of our bed is on the same wall as the head of his Mum's! So nothing naughty ever happens! (well there was this one time in my house when we had too much to drink.... ) But its nice after a tough family day to be able to snuggle up beside each other.

I can imagine your Dad in stripey PJ's with a flashlight pacing outside your room!

I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters and the boys definitely have way more freedom. I am the eldest and I was pretty quiet (I know, the irony, I talk soo much now!)when I was a teenager so my parents didn't need to keep a tight rein on me, they always let me know what they expected my boundaries to be and it worked out, for me anyway. And because I was so "good" the others got an easy ride!

I will bring you lots of hobnobs to the fall sprawl, this sounds like a plan. Failing the fall sprawl I will drop in on my world trip!!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

A FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC STORY! new
      #124148 - 11/20/04 05:12 PM
Natalie1985

Dalia you give me hope...what a fantastic story! Hey I am also planning on some kind of world trip after I finish uni...hm dya think the fact that Im at uni in Leeds too may mean I will have an amazing movie style romance too...lol!!! God I wish!!

--------------------
Natalie

I agree with you both! new
      #124150 - 11/20/04 05:19 PM
Natalie1985

I really really agree with the whole fate thing...ur story is soooo lovely and fate really is an aamzing thing...I do agree that you have to make it happen too though...buts its fantastic. I was also a total...never would meet strange people on the other side of the world on the internet...type of a person.... until I found heathers website at the beginning of the year. Every single person on here is amazing...and you all make me feel normal and not some weirdo freak for ahving problems with our misbehaving backsides. Like sinead said its like having some best friends that you've never met...and all this girly talk is making me feel gooey and dreamy...oooh I love it!!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Its been great.. new
      #124151 - 11/20/04 05:24 PM
cailin

..but I have to go to bed now. and Natalie, you should to, its late in our part of the world!
Talk to all you others tomorrow!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: A FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC STORY! new
      #124155 - 11/20/04 05:35 PM
daliatree

hahahahaha..well just to comfort you, I never found guys worth loving in Leeds...I was constantly in long distance relationships while I was at university...go out in the world and you will def find someone..you are such a lovely person!

--------------------

U guys are making me jealous...lol!! new
      #124156 - 11/20/04 05:36 PM
Natalie1985

Oooooh u guys are making me feel sooo jealous...I want to be all lovey dovey with someone too...lol...Ive never even had a long long relationship...I know Im only 19 but I am getting more and more to the stage where I want one...although then I tell myself no I dont. Im scared of having a boyfriend at the moment...a) cos I know ill get too distracted from my work (even tho I am a bit at the moment over these twins that live opposite that Im in love with...lol!) b) cos I need to sort out my self confidence issues and learn to love me before I love anyone else and c) cos I just cant even say the word bowel...let alone discuss the issues I have with mine with anyone else (its so unattractive im scared they'll run away!)....aaaaaaaaahhhh lol!!!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Natalie- twins?? new
      #124222 - 11/21/04 03:28 AM
cailin

you aim high
Padhraig was my first long term boyf, my record before that was 3 weeks, so there is hope!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Haha!!! LONG LONG STORY BEWARE!!!!! new
      #124228 - 11/21/04 04:20 AM
Natalie1985

Oh good there is someone like me....you do give me hope! lol! Yes well...these twins...hmm...lol...where do I start with them!!! I am living in halls of residence at uni...which are actually privately owned ones which means its not done through the university...so anyone from any year aslong as they are a student can live here...you even get to choose ur flat and who you live with...just like buying a house! Anyways...the blocks of flats are sort of shaped in a L shape...imagine my flat being on one side and theirs being on the other! Infact we're on the same floor and from all my other flatmates bedroom windows you can look out and see their lounge and bedroom windows! (why was it just me that ended up on the other side???grrr!!)

Anyways...from the beginning...this may get very long and boring...I apologise in advance....

Me and my flatmates (who are my best friends) went out on the wednesday night during the first week back of term, two of my flatmates kept getting free bottles of wine(cos she knows the dj) and was getting more and more drunk by the minute. Whilst we were at the bar, I saw one of the twins on the other side and nearly passed out with shock (they are gorgeous!!!)...two seconds later and an identical version of himself walked behind him....and I nearly passed out again!!lol!! I looked at my friend and said...did u just see what i just saw??.....and she was like...yep...TWINS!!!lol!! We started laughing and then sylvia(my flatmate who at this point was horrifically drunk)....said ...oh i know the twins...i went to their flat last week cos theyre friend invited me round! I started gettin overly excited...but then the twins and their friends all left quite early. By 1am my two flatmates were so drunk we had to leave...they could barely stand! The taxi even went through a red light to avoid them being sick in the back!!!

Anyways once we got back home...we were walking past their window and the 2 drunkards decided to collapse on the floor and couldnt get up...queue twin in the window to come to the rescue!lol!

My other sober friend asked if anyone could help and he and his friend came down and helped carry them back into their rooms....at this point I was dying with embarrassment but also very excited..he was in my flat...wahooo! Anyways I had to apologise for the disgraceful behaviour of my flatmates and he smiled at me, said it was no problem and they both left...I shut the door and ran up and down the corridor of our flat screaming...lol!!

It has now been about 6 weeks and I am scarily becoming a bit of a stalker...we can spy thru the window at them....and I get excited everytime we walk past their flat! I am sad, I know! The problem is...number one they seem to only go out the nights we dont...number two they go home every weekend...and number three the 2 drunkards ended up snogging his best mate one night (yes both of them) which has not only probably ruined our reputation but also made it even more embarrassing to talk to them all!

I have however, found out several things about them...

-They are single
-They dont dance....just sit and chill and watch instead
-They go to bed early
-Theyre quite shy(so prob wudnt ask me out even if they did like me)
-Most of the girls here probably like them!
-They study sport and exercise science(and yes Ive seen them half naked thru the window and theyre fit!!lol!)

oh my god I need to get over this...aaaaaahhh....help me....what am i gona do...I seriously havent fancied anyone this much since Ive been at uni.....lol!!!!

PS...have just scrolled up and am so so sorry...flippin heck cant believe its that long!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Edited by Natalie1985 (11/21/04 04:23 AM)

Re: oooh videos... new
      #124234 - 11/21/04 07:41 AM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Sometimes I really like this board, you get to 'spy' in and hear some good girl chat. And although I'll never admit it, I really enjoy hearing all the different "How we met" stories. There's a show on TLC called the wedding story and at the beginning they always tell the story of how they met, it's pretty cute. I don't hear too many of those with all the guys up here. (again, I'm not going to admit that I watch it)

Natalie - That's really too bad about that jerk at the club. It really bothers me when guys are that forward because all the women end up walking around with their guard up. A simple hello and they all think I'm trying to get in their pants. I was in Canterbury, Kent last month and I think the British girls actually appreciated being spoken to respectfully at a club, it was a very good time! (Mind you, I think the non-British accent helped as well). I want to go back!

With regards to the twins, first pick one (as much as I know you'd like to, you can't have both!) Then actually talk to him as if he was a normal person, ask him if he wants to hang out (not as a date) or least go out of your way to just randomly see him. Beware of turning into a stalker though

Dalia- That really is an awesome story. I've always said that the best way to tell if you're compatable with a eprson is to travel with them. You took it to the extreme, but it worked. All my travels have been alone, and although it's good cause then you can usually meet people, I've had it with travelling by myself. Having someone to chat with on the long plane rides would make things so much more interesting.

Unfortunately I don't have any good "How we met stories". This town is probably the absolute worst place in the world to meet girls. The ratio is probably 6 guys to 1 girl. However, I'm excited as I'll be taking a break from flying and heading back to University just outside of Toronto in January (but leaving here in 3days!!!)

3 days!!! -sorry I'm a little excited

JBI new
      #124235 - 11/21/04 07:45 AM
heather7476

You so sweet!!! Don't worry we won't tell anyone!!!!!LOL

I am happy your getting to go to Toronto!! You will find lots of lucky ladies there!!!! Good luck with your drive!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: JBI new
      #124236 - 11/21/04 07:49 AM
JBI

Thanks Heather!

I'll be sure to wave while I'm passing through Michigan.

Jamie

Thanks JBI! new
      #124251 - 11/21/04 09:15 AM
Natalie1985

Thanks for the advice on the twins...dont worry there is one im after...Im not that greedy!!lol!! As for being a stalker...I am joking when I say that...Im not really obsessed...we girls just tend to get a bit overly excited sometimes...lol....

--------------------
Natalie

Stalker college girls! LONG new
      #124264 - 11/21/04 10:24 AM
cailin

Natalie,

I was one too! There was a guy who lived across the road from me in first year. I knew him and he was a really nice guy and my friends and I all kind of picked a guy each that we had seen around and became infatuated with them. my guy and I got on great and he even called over to ask me to go to societies meetings with him. He was just way more mature than me and didn't fancy me, just enjoyed my company.

THEN..one of the girls kissed him! Even though she knew how mad about him I was and that I was never going to make a move (i had NO confidence around guys when I started college) her defence was that she was drunk but I was really upset as she always got the guys.

It was all OK in the end and the guy and I always had god chats when we met, whereas my friend who kissed him cringed any time she saw him around campus! I would love to bump into him, he was the kind of guy I could talk to for hours.

Its fun to have someone to fantasise about but just watching them won't help! Get out and meet people or get to meet the twins and don't worry about these guys.

One of the girls kept her infatuation up all the way through college, whereas most of us had dropped it within about 8 months (!) WE were QUITE worried about her by the end of it, we had all gone through at least 2 or 3 more crushes by then!

HOWEVER, I have also HAD a stalker. There was this guy Paul who was in college with me and started to follow me around, invite himself over to my place etc. When we went away on coooperative education I was in France and he was in Germany and he used to write to me, so I would write back out of courtesy. Not love letters or anything just letters, I did not remotely fancy him!

Anyway, when we came back we were both out one night and he called me to a quiet corner of the nightclub...leant forward and said to me "Sinead, you know we can only ever be friends!!" I was dumbfounded! The funny thing is that once I started going out with Padhraig the following year Paul was all over me like a rash, calling in to my parttime job to go for lunch, following me around the pub. Then Padhraig went to the US and Paul started phoning me and saying we should go to the cinema or for a drink. We didn't though. He was at my 21st, insisted on being introduced to my parents and at one stage was driving me so crazy that I grabbed my sisters hand and ran out into a crowded area of the bar, sped throught the crowds, found a friend and said to her "OMG PAUL IS DRIVING ME CRAZY" She smiled and said well cover it up HE IS RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

Gets better. I went out to the US to visit Padhraig and Paul used to phone the house, he got my phone no from one of the girls in my class. THEN he came to visit me in NY from San Fran. I was so cold with the guy but he hung around for 4 days, I couldn't get rid of him. When we got back to Ireland he said that those 4 days were his best time in the US! He sent me Christmas cards the 2 years after we finished college to my parents house, wishing Padhraig and I the best and giving me his home, mobile and work phone no and 2 email addresses to contact him at. I cut the ties.

My friends and I christened him "Coleslaw", because over here every time you order ANYTHING you get coleslaw on the side, whether you ask for it or not! I bumped into him about 3 years ago but haven't seen him since. If I met him now it would probably be fine, and I am sorry that this sounds so mean but he really suffocated me for about a year and was really hard to take, I mean I am a nice person!

So that is my experience of stalking and of being stalked!

JBI- come visit me! I KNOW lots of pretty Irish girls who would LOVE to meet you!!

Natalie and Brittany- I have only 2 single male friends and they are both single for a reason! I am not good at matchmaking at all! BF has one single brother but he has just gone off the market, although my brother is free! He's 26, doing a masters in journalism, pretty cute, interested in sports and music...any takers...dare me to post a pic??

Going to make me some dinner,

Talk later,

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Go on...just for a laugh...lol!!! -nt- new
      #124265 - 11/21/04 10:29 AM
Natalie1985

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Go on...just for a laugh...lol!!! -nt- new
      #124267 - 11/21/04 10:37 AM
cailin

He will KILL me if he ever finds out I have done this!!!

--------------------
S.

Re: Stalker college girls! LONG new
      #124269 - 11/21/04 10:40 AM

Unregistered

What a creepy stalker - especially that he came all the way here to see you! Yikes! LOL post a pic of your bro for fun! hehe - he could be just what I'm looking for

lol that's great ! yeah don't let him know nt new
      #124271 - 11/21/04 10:42 AM

Unregistered

aaaah bless...you're so funny!!! -nt- new
      #124275 - 11/21/04 11:02 AM
Natalie1985

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Stalker college girls! LONG new
      #124278 - 11/21/04 11:13 AM
JBI

Sinead,

It's too bad you didn't offer about a month ago, I honestly would have taken you up on your offer. I absolutely adore Irish girls. Unfortunately one totally broke my heart last year. (but that's a whole other story).

I had friend who all through college had a massive crush on a guy. She was too scared to even talk to him, yet she knew like EVERYTHING about him. She'd even drive by his house just for fun even though he lived like 45 minutes away. The thing is, with the things she did tell me about him he sounded like a real a$$. For two years she'd be asking me for advice about silly things.

Her- "He looked at me for 2 seconds and then looked away, does that mean anything?"

Me- "Well did you talk to him?"

Her- "no"

Me- "Well why don't you actually talk to him?"

Her- "Oh NO, I couldn't do that"

This went on for a very very long time. I eventually got sick of it.

Ah, Aren't relationships fun?

Oh and for the ladies, there literally are tonnes of single, smart guys up in my town. Most are pilots or police officers who aren't fans of the local girls. But that'd mean you'd have to live up here and it's isolated and cold. But if you got married you'd get airline passes. haha, how's that for a good reason for marriage. I am going to miss the passes though.

Jamie

P.S photo coming soon!! new
      #124280 - 11/21/04 11:16 AM
Natalie1985

Oh sinead poor you....If one of my friends kissed one of the twins I think I may cry...how ridiculous...but I am more than sure that they wouldnt...well it'd take a lot for them to do something like that to me...and we all know that we'd not be the same as friends ever again! As for the stalker...jesus...he sounds creepy...If anyone took an unhealthy interest in me like that Id be afraid! Its like Sarah who was in eastenders after martin just recently...did u c it?? Dont worry I would never become anything like that...my crush is simply that...and im quite enjoying fancying someone actually!! lol!! Good news...thanks to the lovely Brittany...a picture of me will hopefully appear on my profile soon...I sent Brittany pictures ages ago so she forwarded me one and Ive sent it to casey to attach...so u'll get to see the gypsy scouser after all!!! lol!!

--------------------
Natalie

FINALLY I HAVE A PHOTO....wahoooooo!!! new
      #124496 - 11/22/04 12:55 AM
Natalie1985

Quote:

post a pic! Its nice to have a face to the name, especially now that today I have learned that you're a gypsy scouse who thinks she's attractive!!

Sinead

Wahooo....finally after months of using this thing Ive managed to get a photo for my profile...hope you like it!! So sinead what do you think about the gypsy scouser??? lol!!

--------------------
Natalie

Great to see you Natalie new
      #124519 - 11/22/04 04:11 AM
cailin

.. you don't look like a gypsy scouse at all!

And you have a lovely smile!

I am back at work today...sneaking onto the net for a few mins when things are quiet.

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: FINALLY I HAVE A PHOTO....wahoooooo!!! new
      #124533 - 11/22/04 05:04 AM
heather7476

Great Pic!!!! It is good to see you!!!!!
You are beautifull!!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Awesome picture Natalie, you're gorgeous! -nt- new
      #124536 - 11/22/04 05:12 AM
Stephie

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Natalie - you are so pretty!!! nt new
      #124547 - 11/22/04 05:47 AM
daliatree

--------------------

Haha....oh stop it please....lol.....-nt- new
      #124563 - 11/22/04 07:37 AM
Natalie1985

--------------------
Natalie

awww thanks heather so are you!! -nt- new
      #124564 - 11/22/04 07:39 AM
Natalie1985

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 152 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 27105

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review