All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Its been great.. new
      #124151 - 11/20/04 05:24 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

..but I have to go to bed now. and Natalie, you should to, its late in our part of the world!
Talk to all you others tomorrow!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC STORY! new
      #124155 - 11/20/04 05:35 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hahahahaha..well just to comfort you, I never found guys worth loving in Leeds...I was constantly in long distance relationships while I was at university...go out in the world and you will def find someone..you are such a lovely person!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

U guys are making me jealous...lol!! new
      #124156 - 11/20/04 05:36 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Oooooh u guys are making me feel sooo jealous...I want to be all lovey dovey with someone too...lol...Ive never even had a long long relationship...I know Im only 19 but I am getting more and more to the stage where I want one...although then I tell myself no I dont. Im scared of having a boyfriend at the moment...a) cos I know ill get too distracted from my work (even tho I am a bit at the moment over these twins that live opposite that Im in love with...lol!) b) cos I need to sort out my self confidence issues and learn to love me before I love anyone else and c) cos I just cant even say the word bowel...let alone discuss the issues I have with mine with anyone else (its so unattractive im scared they'll run away!)....aaaaaaaaahhhh lol!!!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Natalie- twins?? new
      #124222 - 11/21/04 03:28 AM
cailin

you aim high
Padhraig was my first long term boyf, my record before that was 3 weeks, so there is hope!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Haha!!! LONG LONG STORY BEWARE!!!!! new
      #124228 - 11/21/04 04:20 AM
Natalie1985

Oh good there is someone like me....you do give me hope! lol! Yes well...these twins...hmm...lol...where do I start with them!!! I am living in halls of residence at uni...which are actually privately owned ones which means its not done through the university...so anyone from any year aslong as they are a student can live here...you even get to choose ur flat and who you live with...just like buying a house! Anyways...the blocks of flats are sort of shaped in a L shape...imagine my flat being on one side and theirs being on the other! Infact we're on the same floor and from all my other flatmates bedroom windows you can look out and see their lounge and bedroom windows! (why was it just me that ended up on the other side???grrr!!)

Anyways...from the beginning...this may get very long and boring...I apologise in advance....

Me and my flatmates (who are my best friends) went out on the wednesday night during the first week back of term, two of my flatmates kept getting free bottles of wine(cos she knows the dj) and was getting more and more drunk by the minute. Whilst we were at the bar, I saw one of the twins on the other side and nearly passed out with shock (they are gorgeous!!!)...two seconds later and an identical version of himself walked behind him....and I nearly passed out again!!lol!! I looked at my friend and said...did u just see what i just saw??.....and she was like...yep...TWINS!!!lol!! We started laughing and then sylvia(my flatmate who at this point was horrifically drunk)....said ...oh i know the twins...i went to their flat last week cos theyre friend invited me round! I started gettin overly excited...but then the twins and their friends all left quite early. By 1am my two flatmates were so drunk we had to leave...they could barely stand! The taxi even went through a red light to avoid them being sick in the back!!!

Anyways once we got back home...we were walking past their window and the 2 drunkards decided to collapse on the floor and couldnt get up...queue twin in the window to come to the rescue!lol!

My other sober friend asked if anyone could help and he and his friend came down and helped carry them back into their rooms....at this point I was dying with embarrassment but also very excited..he was in my flat...wahooo! Anyways I had to apologise for the disgraceful behaviour of my flatmates and he smiled at me, said it was no problem and they both left...I shut the door and ran up and down the corridor of our flat screaming...lol!!

It has now been about 6 weeks and I am scarily becoming a bit of a stalker...we can spy thru the window at them....and I get excited everytime we walk past their flat! I am sad, I know! The problem is...number one they seem to only go out the nights we dont...number two they go home every weekend...and number three the 2 drunkards ended up snogging his best mate one night (yes both of them) which has not only probably ruined our reputation but also made it even more embarrassing to talk to them all!

I have however, found out several things about them...

-They are single
-They dont dance....just sit and chill and watch instead
-They go to bed early
-Theyre quite shy(so prob wudnt ask me out even if they did like me)
-Most of the girls here probably like them!
-They study sport and exercise science(and yes Ive seen them half naked thru the window and theyre fit!!lol!)

oh my god I need to get over this...aaaaaahhh....help me....what am i gona do...I seriously havent fancied anyone this much since Ive been at uni.....lol!!!!

PS...have just scrolled up and am so so sorry...flippin heck cant believe its that long!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Edited by Natalie1985 (11/21/04 04:23 AM)

Re: oooh videos... new
      #124234 - 11/21/04 07:41 AM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Sometimes I really like this board, you get to 'spy' in and hear some good girl chat. And although I'll never admit it, I really enjoy hearing all the different "How we met" stories. There's a show on TLC called the wedding story and at the beginning they always tell the story of how they met, it's pretty cute. I don't hear too many of those with all the guys up here. (again, I'm not going to admit that I watch it)

Natalie - That's really too bad about that jerk at the club. It really bothers me when guys are that forward because all the women end up walking around with their guard up. A simple hello and they all think I'm trying to get in their pants. I was in Canterbury, Kent last month and I think the British girls actually appreciated being spoken to respectfully at a club, it was a very good time! (Mind you, I think the non-British accent helped as well). I want to go back!

With regards to the twins, first pick one (as much as I know you'd like to, you can't have both!) Then actually talk to him as if he was a normal person, ask him if he wants to hang out (not as a date) or least go out of your way to just randomly see him. Beware of turning into a stalker though

Dalia- That really is an awesome story. I've always said that the best way to tell if you're compatable with a eprson is to travel with them. You took it to the extreme, but it worked. All my travels have been alone, and although it's good cause then you can usually meet people, I've had it with travelling by myself. Having someone to chat with on the long plane rides would make things so much more interesting.

Unfortunately I don't have any good "How we met stories". This town is probably the absolute worst place in the world to meet girls. The ratio is probably 6 guys to 1 girl. However, I'm excited as I'll be taking a break from flying and heading back to University just outside of Toronto in January (but leaving here in 3days!!!)

3 days!!! -sorry I'm a little excited

JBI new
      #124235 - 11/21/04 07:45 AM
heather7476

Loc: South East Michigan

You so sweet!!! Don't worry we won't tell anyone!!!!!LOL

I am happy your getting to go to Toronto!! You will find lots of lucky ladies there!!!! Good luck with your drive!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: JBI new
      #124236 - 11/21/04 07:49 AM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Thanks Heather!

I'll be sure to wave while I'm passing through Michigan.

Jamie

Thanks JBI! new
      #124251 - 11/21/04 09:15 AM
Natalie1985

Thanks for the advice on the twins...dont worry there is one im after...Im not that greedy!!lol!! As for being a stalker...I am joking when I say that...Im not really obsessed...we girls just tend to get a bit overly excited sometimes...lol....

--------------------
Natalie

Stalker college girls! LONG new
      #124264 - 11/21/04 10:24 AM
cailin

Natalie,

I was one too! There was a guy who lived across the road from me in first year. I knew him and he was a really nice guy and my friends and I all kind of picked a guy each that we had seen around and became infatuated with them. my guy and I got on great and he even called over to ask me to go to societies meetings with him. He was just way more mature than me and didn't fancy me, just enjoyed my company.

THEN..one of the girls kissed him! Even though she knew how mad about him I was and that I was never going to make a move (i had NO confidence around guys when I started college) her defence was that she was drunk but I was really upset as she always got the guys.

It was all OK in the end and the guy and I always had god chats when we met, whereas my friend who kissed him cringed any time she saw him around campus! I would love to bump into him, he was the kind of guy I could talk to for hours.

Its fun to have someone to fantasise about but just watching them won't help! Get out and meet people or get to meet the twins and don't worry about these guys.

One of the girls kept her infatuation up all the way through college, whereas most of us had dropped it within about 8 months (!) WE were QUITE worried about her by the end of it, we had all gone through at least 2 or 3 more crushes by then!

HOWEVER, I have also HAD a stalker. There was this guy Paul who was in college with me and started to follow me around, invite himself over to my place etc. When we went away on coooperative education I was in France and he was in Germany and he used to write to me, so I would write back out of courtesy. Not love letters or anything just letters, I did not remotely fancy him!

Anyway, when we came back we were both out one night and he called me to a quiet corner of the nightclub...leant forward and said to me "Sinead, you know we can only ever be friends!!" I was dumbfounded! The funny thing is that once I started going out with Padhraig the following year Paul was all over me like a rash, calling in to my parttime job to go for lunch, following me around the pub. Then Padhraig went to the US and Paul started phoning me and saying we should go to the cinema or for a drink. We didn't though. He was at my 21st, insisted on being introduced to my parents and at one stage was driving me so crazy that I grabbed my sisters hand and ran out into a crowded area of the bar, sped throught the crowds, found a friend and said to her "OMG PAUL IS DRIVING ME CRAZY" She smiled and said well cover it up HE IS RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

Gets better. I went out to the US to visit Padhraig and Paul used to phone the house, he got my phone no from one of the girls in my class. THEN he came to visit me in NY from San Fran. I was so cold with the guy but he hung around for 4 days, I couldn't get rid of him. When we got back to Ireland he said that those 4 days were his best time in the US! He sent me Christmas cards the 2 years after we finished college to my parents house, wishing Padhraig and I the best and giving me his home, mobile and work phone no and 2 email addresses to contact him at. I cut the ties.

My friends and I christened him "Coleslaw", because over here every time you order ANYTHING you get coleslaw on the side, whether you ask for it or not! I bumped into him about 3 years ago but haven't seen him since. If I met him now it would probably be fine, and I am sorry that this sounds so mean but he really suffocated me for about a year and was really hard to take, I mean I am a nice person!

So that is my experience of stalking and of being stalked!

JBI- come visit me! I KNOW lots of pretty Irish girls who would LOVE to meet you!!

Natalie and Brittany- I have only 2 single male friends and they are both single for a reason! I am not good at matchmaking at all! BF has one single brother but he has just gone off the market, although my brother is free! He's 26, doing a masters in journalism, pretty cute, interested in sports and music...any takers...dare me to post a pic??

Going to make me some dinner,

Talk later,

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 558 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 27333

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review