All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Haha....so true! new
      #124069 - 11/20/04 03:37 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Yea steph that is so true...we women are so indecisive we always want what we dont have. I actually turned moulin rouge off before it ended...I got lost somewhere in the middle...not what I expected! I was so angry about that guy last night I cant tell you...I couldnt help but smack him...it wasnt just the fact that he did it but the fact that he really really didnt see what was wrong with it and actually said it was a way of being 'affectionate'...oh my god if thats affectionate I dont know what the worlds coming to! It wasnt even just a pinch either it was a proper feel...urgh im feelin sick at the thought...the men in that place last night were overly creepy...FORWARD is an understatement. Glad you and your boyfriend are happy and that everythings going well for you at the moment...I know you'll stay in touch when you go back to Toronto...we'd miss you loads if you didnt...

--------------------
Natalie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: marriage? me? new
      #124071 - 11/20/04 03:39 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

You are a lot of the way there by recognising this Brittany!

My partying summer before Padhraig and I got together did a huge amount for my confidence, it was the first time I really felt attractive (and the first time I dyed my hair a lighter shade!) and I really think this helped us.

We are both countrykids and don't want to live in the city forever, I grew up in a small seaside village 100m from the beach and 15 miles from the nearest town, Padhraig grew up in the countryside 3 miles from a village and five miles from a town. We want to live in the country, probably on the East Coast of Ireland (closer to my folks than his!)We would like to build our own house, hopefully close to the sea when we sell our "city pad". The prices down home are so much more reasonable than here that we would get a house at least twice the size with a big garden for what we paid for our current shoebox!

We also want to travel a bit first, my idea is to take six months out from work and do an extended honeymoon but on a backpackers budget, it would be great!

So many things to do...so many clocks ticking!!

And yes, he is a great guy, most of the time!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Marriage... and self confidence... and all that jazz. new
      #124074 - 11/20/04 03:41 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Brittany,
I agree with Sinead, I love hearing/talking about fun 'fall in love' stories, I can't get enough! You're not butting in at all!
I also agree with the self confidence thing - I have a friend who is SO HARD on herself and she is always putting herself down, and then she wonders why she doesn't have a boyfriend.. and then puts herself down about that, it is a vicious cycle, I tell you! It's too bad 'cause she is so SO nice and so SO funny, but she sort of gives off a 'don't come near me' vibe. I had problems with self conscious stuff, especially about my body that boys I'd grown up with had sorta drilled into me. It wasn't until I got away (to England) that I sorta let go of all that, and them wham-o! Boyfriend for me! And since getting together with him, my self confidence is miles higher as he managed to convince me that a lot of the things I'd been feeling self conscious about were ridiculous (in a nice way, of course!).

As for marriage, I don't know. I mean.. hmm, eventually yes. We've talked about it, and when we talk about the future we can say, "After we get married" casually and stuff, and not freak out about it (anymore! ) but I'm not expecting a ring on my finger tomorrow.. or the day after, or the day after.. You know what I mean!
My family is really starting to push about it (I'm only 22!). My mom keeps telling me how my grandma has picked me out a wedding dress, and when I was at home for Christmas (when Adrian and I were planning to break up no less!) she wanted me to go to Bridal fairs with her and stuff. I got some money when my Uncle died and she has already put it into a "Wedding Fund" (which concerns me as I was hoping to use it for school).. so apparently everyone else is planning for this marriage more than I am at this point!
I do eventually want to have a nice wedding, and get married but there are lots of other things I want to do first. I'd like to be engaged for a while too.. I think that sounds like a nice stage.. having a fiance. But my boyfriend thinks long engagements are stupid, so I guess that's outta the question for me! Unless I just keep stalling, hee hee.
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: marriage? me? new
      #124078 - 11/20/04 03:44 PM

Unregistered

Well that sounds like a marvelous plan! I couldn't imagine living away from the beach the rest of my life after growing up with it. Sounds like a beautiful place where you used to live! Best of luck with your plans - and I definitely think the traveling thing sounds like a great idea - it's better now when you're young and energetic and wouldn't have any real commitments with kids and such yet.

Great advice sinead! new
      #124080 - 11/20/04 03:45 PM
Natalie1985

Hey sinead...thanks for the great advice...Ive tried a few of those tricks before and dya know what...the worst thing is that when we women try sticking up for ourselves in situations like that, they think that we'r being arrogant and have our head stuck up our backside. Infact thats what that lad said lastnite....something about me being attractive and 'knowing it'....to say that is anything but the truth is an understatement ...Im not that type of girl at all...the trouble is, theres so many girls these days that have taken female liberation to the extreme...to the point where they put themselves about and have no respect whatsoever...I actually partly blame them for the way some men treat women...and theyre the ones that ask for it...makes it harder for the rest of us self respecting decent women... who are independant but not arrogant with it! grrrr im getting on my feminist rant again....lol...

--------------------
Natalie

AWWWWWWWW thats just soooo sweeet!!! -nt- new
      #124086 - 11/20/04 03:50 PM
Natalie1985

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Marriage... and self confidence... and all that jazz. new
      #124090 - 11/20/04 03:54 PM

Unregistered

Your story is so great! I definitely think you'll know what feels right when it comes to the length of your engagement. How cute too about your grandma having your dressed picked out already too! Best of luck to you guys!

BTW Natalie... new
      #124091 - 11/20/04 03:55 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

post a pic! Its nice to have a face to the name, especially now that today I have learned that you're a gypsy scouse who thinks she's attractive!!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: Mushy Stories! new
      #124092 - 11/20/04 03:55 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

That is sooooo cute!!! awwww...airports are such dramatic places romancewise!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Brittany u are my twin! lol! new
      #124093 - 11/20/04 03:57 PM
Natalie1985

You know brit, Im starting to get scared with how similar you and me are...I know we realised that a while back but it does just get more and more weird! Im exactly like you...come off snooty when I really dont mean to me...I seriously think guys think I have...WARNING DONT APPROACH...on my head...I dont mean it at all...but I have serious self confidence issues too! I also cant wait for the traditional wedding marriage kids loved up thing...my mum and dad have the best relationship in the world and after 25 years theyre still like loved up teenagers! Me and my flatmate have just been having this conversation...shes doesnt believe its ever going to happen even though she wants it to...but Im the biggest believer in fate and I REALLY think it will!

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1740 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 27140

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review