All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
What's everyone got planned for Thanksgiving??
      #122859 - 11/17/04 01:28 PM

Unregistered

Just curious what everyone was doing for Thanksgiving or if you're going on a trip somewhere???

I'm going with my family to NYC from Tues through Sun because one of my younger brothers is in the Macy's Parade with his band at school. Ooh! You guys will have to look for them if you watch the parade - it's the Riverview High School Kiltie Band from Sarasota, FL and they wear scottish kilts and they bagpipers too - lol you won't miss them!
I am so looking forward to the cold weather! The high's are still in the 80's here - I think I need to go to the beach this weekend!

So what does everyone else have planned???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What's everyone got planned for Thanksgiving?? new
      #122875 - 11/17/04 02:09 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

no family this year.. which is a first... but we hosting friends at the house... just a few of us since its on the market.. and DH is smoking a turkey.. I actually have Thurs/Fri off which is odd but its now my weekend so I get to attend and even cook.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

good luck! new
      #122885 - 11/17/04 02:49 PM

Unregistered

Enjoy your days off and getting ready for the dinner! Sounds like fun!

Thanksgiving new
      #122914 - 11/17/04 04:41 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

We don't have Thanksgiving over here, Christmas is our big holiday and the country will shut down for three or four days then, I will be off work from 24th-29th inclusive without taking any holidays because they are all public holidays, can't wait (says the girl who was on hols last week and sick this week, I can't even remember what my desk looks like!)

You guys all enjoy yours, and Brittany that is so cool that your brother will be in the parade!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

It'll be pretty quiet here... new
      #122917 - 11/17/04 04:45 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

DH's sister is coming and that's it. I'll still make all the Thanksgiving goodies, but in smaller portions!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

sounds like fun! enjoy your day!! nt new
      #122924 - 11/17/04 04:53 PM

Unregistered

turkey sandwich new
      #122928 - 11/17/04 05:00 PM

Unregistered

Well have a turkey sandwich and think about us over here in America next Thursday Oooh, and your nice vacation isn't too far away! I bet you can't wait for some more time off, right?? lol. I always do that - but once you get a taste of time off it's just so addictive! Though being so busy all the time I find I go nuts when I don't have something to do! It's a bit of a curse, so I end up working on making purses or something. Well anyhow I hope you're feeling better! You are, aren't you?? Hope so!

Re: What's everyone got planned for Thanksgiving?? new
      #122931 - 11/17/04 05:03 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

I'm an poutry and avian science student at my University, so Thanksgiving isn't a "holiday" for us. We start processing the turkeys at 6am on Friday and continue through until Tuesday or Wednesday depending on how long it takes us to process them all. Unfortunately we don't have access to all of the neat gizmos they use commercially, so it'll take us a while to process the 500 or so Turkeys, especially since it's all student labor.

I'll be spending the actually holiday back home with my family since we get three days off from classes. My brother will be coming home, I haven't seen him since July (not sure that I want to though ). I'm just really looking forward to having a few days to catch up on my sleep.

Meg

Re: turkey sandwich new
      #122932 - 11/17/04 05:05 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I will!

So far on my time "off" I have done all my laundry from my holidays, including the ironing, tidied the house, made ADB's, gone grocery shopping,cleaned my bedroom, sorted out clothes to give to charity, all in three days!
I still have photos I want to sort out, and we are getting building work done on the house the week after next so BF and I have to clear out the master bedroom which is currently being used as a storeroom- I have to convince him to donate clothes that are 2 sizes too small for him to charity!! He is SUCH a hoarder!

I find it so hard to sit and do nothing, and I feel like wathcing a movie on DVD is too much of a commitment of time. I have Moulin Rouge and Girl with a Pearl Earring here that I haven't watched yet so I will do that tomorrow or Friday.. Saturday will be spent in DIY stores buying our walltiles for the new bathroom and the other bits and pieces that we need....

Never an idle moment!

Have you pictures of the purses you make?

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: turkey sandwich new
      #122934 - 11/17/04 05:09 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Jeesh!! Your being-home-sick-from-work-time-off is sounding more like a vacation!!! You sound like you're feeling better anyway!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 514 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32854

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review