All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: I'm a slacker, I didn't reply yet. new
      #124182 - 11/20/04 07:27 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm a former smoker myself, and the funny thing is that I really don't mind the *stinking* part at all... but I find that a lot of smoke bothers the IBS, and that's why I don't like going up there. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably almost *enjoy* being around the smoke, as twisted as that is.

Ah well. It's one day, and we have a long drive as an excuse to get out of there early. Sigh.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: AHEM - I don't think we have everyone's Thanksgiving plans accounted for.... : ) nt new
      #124189 - 11/20/04 07:56 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

I think I will put my tree up - my dad's planning on being out of town, so I can go raid the garage for all of my decorations! Today, I finished gathering all of my favorite carols, and I'm going to start bugging everyone to go caroling with me this year (everyone is so embarrassed by caroling, why??)

Actually, I have every day off right now ... I'm having a hard time finding a job that will work with my IBS - the market isn't so hot here right now ... but it's all right. I'll worry about it seriously AFTER the holidays are over

--------------------
~*Amber*~

fa la la la laaa new
      #124192 - 11/20/04 08:03 PM

Unregistered

I loved to go christmas caroling when I was younger - I bet it'd be fun as an adult with a bunch of people! Good luck with your tree!

Re: What's everyone got planned for Thanksgiving?? new
      #124219 - 11/21/04 01:23 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Kept meaning to answer this post, but always ran out of time.

This year for Thanksgiving, I'm going over to my dad's house for dinner. This is a first for me as I usually go over to my grandpa's house with my mom. My step-mom has never done a Thanksgiving before so we're experimenting. Plus she wants to do family photos to send out with the Christmas cards, so we're having her nephew-in-law do them.

Then the next day, I get to scare the crap out of my dad by making him go Christmas decorations shopping with me. He lost all of my holiday decorations (including all my sentimental tree decorations!) so he owes me new ones. I figure if I take him shopping the day after Thanksgiving he won't lose anything else that gets left at his house. (He's already lost a pair of sunglasses that I left over there accidently and my First Year of IBS book that I let him borrow! Plus my motorcycle got stolen when he left it in front of his house! Needless to say I'm not storing anything over there anymore. )

--------------------
- Jennifer

#124233 - 11/21/04 07:38 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

I'm having Thanksgiving at my house. My daughter hosted it last year, but other than that; I've been doing them for about 20 years or so. There's going to be about 15 people. Usually there's 19, but my son and his family won't be here this year. (This is my first Thanksgiving without him ever; so I had to adjust to the idea of it).

I have a very small house, but we all squeeze in here and have a good time anyway. My brother's home is even smaller than mine and my parents home is too cluttered for any company at all.

I fix the turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, pies, and fried green beans (not IBS safe, I know, but delicious.)

My brother does the rolls and mashed spuds.

My daughter is doing deviled eggs.

My sister is bringing pop and sugar free dessert for the diabetics in the family. (We have 4)

My nephew's wife brings this delectable chocolate dessert and the whole pan is always licked clean, and that's just done by the ones who AREN'T diabetic.

We're all so pathetic when it comes to Holiday eating. We really enjoy one another's company and love yearly get togethers with joking around and games.

I'm very excited about it all.
Terri
P.S. My daughter is now 34 weeks along with her pregnancy. It won't be long now before I will be holding and holding and holding little Makenzie Jo. I think that's another reason why I'm so excited this year.

#124237 - 11/21/04 07:56 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

We always go to my Aunt Sue's house for Thanksgiving. She's the most creative woman I know! The entire family is there, so we can't all fit at one table, so every year she creates themed tables, such as the Native American table, the Mayflower table, the Colonial table, and the Royal table. They're all decorated to match their theme and we draw names to see who sits where. It's so much fun, I look forward to it every year. Oh yeah... and the food is good too! Lol.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#124241 - 11/21/04 08:13 AM

Unregistered

Aww..that sounds like so much fun! I hope you have a fabulous time!

#124242 - 11/21/04 08:16 AM

Unregistered

Sounds like a wonderful family together - too bad your son and his fam won't be there though. Congrats on your soon to be grandaughter! Keep up posted on that!

#124243 - 11/21/04 08:18 AM

Unregistered

Yikes, your dad's house sounds like a pit of no return I hope you guys have fun shopping together. And good luck with the experimental dinner!

#124293 - 11/21/04 11:53 AM
FEMBETH

Reged: 09/20/04

This will be a first Turkey day at my husbands grandma's. My mother in law will be up to cook. That should be nice since his grandma has not been very well this past year. Maybe this will lift her spirits.

We will also be going to my parents house of course! I will not miss this one at mom's. Last year was a sad one with dad being in IRAQ. Dad is home now and we will get to spend this holiday together. I am thankful for tons but, this year especially thankful dad is home safe with us. I hope everyone has a Great Turkey Day as well.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2780 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32925

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review