Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Not leaving the house....HELP!
      #122424 - 11/16/04 12:40 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I don't go out by myself anymore.

Things that used to make me happy don't.

I think I'm in a bad depression.

I'm on Lexapro and you have to give it 6 weeks to work (I started week 2 today).

I'm always fatigued and in pain. I don't sleep properyl the meds don't work. I'm on even on Ambien and it's not doing anything. I am in and out of sleep day and night.

Everything I do hurts.

I used to cry that I couldn't clean our home...now I just lounge around all day.

What is wrong with tme? And how do I get out of this FUNK?

Thanks for you suggestions!

Love,

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh Ruchie! new
      #122425 - 11/16/04 12:46 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I don't know what to say except that I hope you start feeling better soon. I'm so sorry you're down in the dumps!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Ruchie new
      #122429 - 11/16/04 12:55 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Ruchie, sweetheart, when you say things that used to make you happy, don't now----that is DEPRESSION. And it is a chemical imbalance that you cannot control. Don't let people tell you "Oh, you just need to get out of the house more!" When you are seriously depressed like it sounds like you are, that will not help. You don't feel like shopping, socializing with others, and eating---and you can't sleep.

These are all the symptoms of depression. I hope to God that you have a good doctor (and/or therapist) you can trust. If I were you, I'd call the doctor's office and tell them you are worse than you've ever felt----and demand to talk to the doctor or nurse ASAP. They need to know how you feel. It may just take time for the antidepressant to work, or they may need to up the dosage or change the medicine. Sometimes if it's not the right medicine, it can make you feel worse. But if the doctor thinks it will just take time, maybe there's something else he could prescribe in the interim to make you feel better. You should not have to suffer like this!

My heart goes out to you because I have been where you are now, and it was the scariest and most difficult time in my life. I wish I were there to help you. Do you have a friend that you could call that could come stay with you during the day? If you don't even have the energy to call the doctor's office, please ask a friend to call for you. In my case, if it hadn't been for a sweet neighbor who realized just how bad off I was, I don't know if I'd be here today.

(((((BIG HUGS TO YOU))))). Please check in with us and let us know how you are doing. IT WILL GET BETTER, I promise!!!

This might sound really dumb but... new
      #122439 - 11/16/04 01:10 PM
Snow for Sarala

Every time I leave the house or do anything I get physically sick from the fibro. This has been going on for years unbeknownst to me....but I'm in a HORRID flare right now and everything makes me hurt. I want out of the house...I want to go out...but I'm scared! It's a catch 22....get out and hurt for it later or stay home and be depressed.

I don't know what to do!

It's a new town and I don' have any clsoe frineds.

My therpaist isn't helping right now...she shtinks it's great I have fibro (from a religious perspective).

I just want to make myself feel better...but I don't know where to start! It's like having mono and being in the house for weeks...how do you pass the time (remember...hubby and I don;'t watch television for religious reasons...so that's out).

Thanks in advacne for any help/suggestions!

And BL...thanks for being here for me. I know tihs isn'tnormal...but I guess having fibro isn't either? I DO know it can bring on depression...which is why doc put me on these meds.

Thanks again *hugs*

Love,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Not leaving the house....HELP! new
      #122454 - 11/16/04 01:22 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Oh Ruchie!
BIG BIG HUGS TO YOU.

Talk to Casey about Lexapro, I remember she had trouble when she started it first too but she loves it now.

It does sound like you are in the depths of depression- is there a therapist you could see to help you through this?
Take care and remember that we have all been there at some time and we are all rooting for you and here to support you and to let you vent or cry or whatever it is you need to do.

Time passing wise- do you do any crafts, scrapbooking, knitting etc? Have you photos you need to sort out?

Take care Ruchie,

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Ruchie... :( new
      #122464 - 11/16/04 01:30 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I feel so badly for you. I wish there was a way I could help! <<<<<HUGS>>>>>
Could you look up more therapists if yours is not helping right now?? You really need someone to talk to IN PERSON!
I'm so sorry you're going through this. Read my quote - you will get through this. And you will be so strong.

You're in my thoughts!
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

I called hubby and a friend.... new
      #122471 - 11/16/04 01:38 PM
Snow for Sarala

And I will NOt go through this alone!

Hubby and I will discuss getting a puppy for me if that might help.

I am going to tyr to get outisde just to sit today in the sun.

If you have other ideas PLEASE share them!

I am scared to be out alone and in pain and driving. I've almost gotten into a wreck a couple of times that way.

Being sick is depressing me. This is SO NOT LIKE ME! This is so foreign to my nature.

Thanks for beimng here!

Love,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Oh Ruchie! new
      #122475 - 11/16/04 01:41 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh Sweetie, what a rough time you have been having lately!! I wish there was something more I could do to help. Hang in there. We all love you!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

RUCHIE new
      #122513 - 11/16/04 03:34 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

OK.... here's what i have to say....

you may not like it. or you may. who knows?!

ready?

if you're going to hurt at home anyway, then go out.

i know what beaglelover said (don't let anyone tell you to get out...) and i understand why she said that and i somewhat agree in plain ole depression that's the case, but i'm here to officially disagree with that right here and now for you. (sorry BL! smooches!) Ruchie, you have fibro. and depression. and wonky sinuses. trust your sister-friend jen on this, ok? remember our pact: we'll get each other through this. ok? ok. moving on...

get up. GET UP RUCHIE. i love you. it sucks to get up and move and hurt, but do it anyway. i don't care where you go but get up out of bed and out of the house.

go sit in the bookstore and silently hate everyone for 1/2 hour then go home, but at least you got up.

go to the dogpark and kick a bench and then go home, mad that you couldn't stay there for a whole hour like you want. at least you got up.

i told you a few months ago: if you sit at home you're going to hurt more. i don't want you to hurt, Ruchie! you're going to feel better but you have to get up!

and i hope this makes sense, but you're just getting into a terrible spiral here. your Lexapro will start working soon (yes, 6 weeks for the full impact, but i bet you start getting some benefits soon). HOWEVER: sitting at home all day and being REACTIVE instead of PROACTIVE is going to slow the progress down, Ruchie.

get a puppy. you'll have to at least get up and take it to the potty (do not papertrain--- take her outside every 2 hours to pee!). you'll have something to distract you a bit when hubby is at work. name her something happy and get a few toys. get a breed that likes to fetch or retreive so you know you'll have a dog that likes to play frisbee and catch when she gets a little older. these things will keep you moving.

get up, Ruchie! trust me, please: it's going to be ok. your flare will tone down (you KNOW it will... mine did and i never thought it would. LS's did, even though it took a long time. Linzy's did.). yours will tone down one day. you HAVE TO HELP IT though. get up!

start writing your holiday cards and drive/walk one to the post office each day. that will get you out of the house.

go to the grocery store and hang onto the cart and buy some apples, then go home and nap for as long as it takes.

get up!

please just make yourself move. like i said at the beginning of this email: if you're going to hurt sitting at home and you're going to hurt getting up, then get up. what do you have to lose? in the long run, your mood will be better by being proactive. your pain will be less if you have some exercise. trust me. i have been there. recently.

get up! get a puppy!

get up!

SMOOOOOOCHES AND SMOOCHES AND MORE AND MORE SMOOOOOOCHES!

--------------------

Re: Not leaving the house....HELP! new
      #122514 - 11/16/04 03:40 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Hi Ruchie,

Yes, I think you're depressed too. it's not surprising considering you've had some tricky health problems lately.

Give the anti-depressant time to work. Mine didn't fully kik in until about 4-5 weeks mood-wise. It has helped me a lot. I'm hoping it will help you get to be more like your old self.

It sounds to me like your pain, insomnia and fatigue are from your fibro? can you meet with your doc to go over the meds and see if there's anything better out there?

As for cleaning your house. That can always wait. if it's that bad, hire a maid service for a couple of hours. Lots of people do that.

Take good care of yourself. Don't be so hard on yourself either. That's an order!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2643 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1887

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review