All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Makin babies........check in!!!
      #121841 - 11/15/04 09:06 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Ok, so how is everyone doing?

Jules how are you feeling? When do you go in for your 1st appt?

Rachel...how are doing hon? Feeling better? Did AF find her way home??

Michele, how's the leg and the "sex-athon" going?

Heather.....not much longer for your DEC 6th appt!!!! Hope that goes well!!!

Cara, where are you girl??? Off to the pet store? How are things going for you?? Are you on the sex schedule that your doc gave you???

As for me....I'm do to get AF Wed or Thursday. I have had some spotting but it had slowed down. My periods have been really weird for some time now. I'm blaming it on my thyroid. But I'll usually start spotting a few days before my period...but it seems like the spotting is starting early this time....last month the spotting started on the 21st of Oct and the actual period started one 25th So I figured the spotting would start on the 17th this month and the period on the 21st. But now the spotting started on the 13th....so I'm getting confused....why does it keep on starting sooner every month? I'm sick of my irregular period!!!

Ok, so that's where I'm at.....don't think I'm PG this month Hopeing for next month!!! If not next month then I'm going to get nervious.....It's only takin me a month to get PG in the past!!! I'll have to go to a endocronoligist for my thyroid!!!

Ok, enough from me! Have a good week ladies!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Makin babies........check in!!! new
      #121853 - 11/15/04 09:32 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, my sex-a-thon is offically over! I got a positive opk last Monday and Tuesday, so figure I actually ovulated last Tuesday or Wednesday. We had sex everyday from Sunday to Wednesday last week, so I should have it covered! I'm planning on testing Friday am but it may be a day or two early for a true result, but you girls now how hard the 2ww is!! I'm haing to use the progesterone right now, can we say ICK!!! I guess I could deal with it a little better knowing I was pregnant and doing it for my baby but I've done it every month for the last 4 months and still no baby!!

Steph, my cycles are also getting shorter! Over the last 4 months, my cycles are a full week shorter! Whats up with that?? If your spotting already than it probably means you ovulated a little sooner also. Did you have sex early enough this month to have covered yourself if you did ovulate early? If this continues to happen, I would recommend you use the ovulation tests. Don't buy them at the stores, they are too expensive. You can get them at www.cheappregnancytests.com and they work just as well! You can also get the real early epts there!

Rachel, I hope AF is on her way out and you can start trying again soon!

Has anyone heard from Jules recently??

Heather, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Anything is possible, Keena is living proof of that!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#121859 - 11/15/04 09:46 AM
StephS

Michele, that site is a bit confusing to me but what OPK do you buy? And how much is it...same question on the PG tests!!! Thanks!

As for having sex early enough this month, I don't remember!!! Hope so!!!

--------------------

#121885 - 11/15/04 10:12 AM
michele

Opps, that site is hard to navigate. I think I ment www.earlypregnancytests.com Here is the url to the exact opks I bought http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/pacof3ovtess.html

They are the cheapest but you have to pee in a cup than dip the stick as oppossed to just peeing directly on the stick. I bought like 40 of them back in the spring. They do have the mid-stream tests but they are more expensive! I bought the same kind in the pregnany tests but they were blue instead of green. I got 10 for $9.95 and they test positive at 20 hcg!! This is also where I ordered that pree-seed lube from, its not supposed to interfer with the sperm motility!

--------------------

#121934 - 11/15/04 11:04 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Hey there!!

AF is hopefully on her way out... I've been doing OPK's already to cover my butt. (knowing me, I'd ovulate early and miss it!)

Michele! I don't know how true this is, but I heard that too much sex can actually decrease your chances of conceiving. Every other day is what they recommend because it supposedly can take up to 48 hours for more sperm to be produced. Did I heard right, or is this just a fable??? Either way... I hope it works for you this month... I 'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Gosh... I hope Jules is progressing nicely with her pregnancy!!

Heather... Good luck at your appt!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Hey! I'm still here... new
      #121938 - 11/15/04 11:09 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Sorry - I've been sick! I had the flu really bad this weekend I haven't been feeling really well, so our sex schedule wasn't followed so well...but who knows, maybe one of those days we did have sex was the right one! We'll find out pretty soon, I'm due for AF in about a week. I don't think I'm pregnant...I do have this weird feeling it's going to happen next month.
Ya know what I was thinking too - if it DID happen next month - how AWESOME would that Christmas present be for my family and Justin's family?!?! It would be my parents first grandchild! I could buy t-shirts or something that say 'I'm a Grandma/Grandpa' or something and wrap them up. If I could keep it a secret that long.......

Ok I'm getting ahead of myself, I don't want to jinx it!
Good luck everyone!
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

#121940 - 11/15/04 11:22 AM
michele

Cara, I was thinking the same thing for x-mas gifts to the family if I get pregnant!! It would be so hard to keep it a secret though!!

I have heard that too much sex can hurt your chances. The idea behind that is if the male has a lower sperm count than the sperm don't have time to replenish. So, I guess its true for some people!! I don't think thats an issue for us though! I really think I ovulate very fast after I surge. The two times I did get pregnant I had sex TWO days before, the day of and the day after positive opks. The last few months, we have only had sex ONE day before, the day of and the day after. I was really trying to get sex in two days before I surged this month but I surged 2 days early!! GRR!!

--------------------

#121944 - 11/15/04 11:25 AM
RachelT

Ya see... they always leave out important details like that when they try to inform you. Thanks for the info... I know you already told us this, but I can't remember... when can you test???

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

#121946 - 11/15/04 11:33 AM
michele

I'm testing Friday am but it might be a day or two early for an absolute yes or know. I don't really expect AF until next Monday or Tuesday.

--------------------

#121948 - 11/15/04 11:38 AM
RachelT

DH and I are planning on starting TTC on Tursday... hopefully. We'll see what my OPK's say

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

#121956 - 11/15/04 12:26 PM
michele

Good Luck!!!

--------------------

Cara new
      #121958 - 11/15/04 12:30 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I know this is pretty obvious and stupid.. but did you and your hubby quit smoking? I remember you saying you were going to try a few months ago. Anyways, i've heard that smoking can damage sperm in males.. I dunno if this is true though. but if it is, and he's still smoking that *may* have something to do with it (small chance I know).

--------------------

#121996 - 11/15/04 01:26 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Thanks everyone for you great thoughts!!! I can't wait to see what the doc has to say either!! I started spotting today real light!!! I wasn't supposed to even start spotting till FRIDAY!!! What the heck is uo ith that!! So I am sure a full blown visit AF is not far away!! DAM!!

Here is wishing the rest of you the best of luck!!
Cara hope you feel better soon!!

Michele please don't hurt anyone while on you progestion this month LOL!!!

Steph sorry about AF. Someone needs to knock her out for awhile!!LOL

Rachele here is hoping that this is you month!!!

Jules I hope you doing well!!!!
Love you guys!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#122015 - 11/15/04 02:20 PM
michele

Yeah, I've defintely felt the surge in hormones this month!! I'm trying to have a good day but I keep getting these really pissed off feelings for no reason! Its the progesterone. And I'm HUNGRY, like OMG got to eat everything now hungry!! Ever seen a pissed off, hungry girl on crutches before??!! Don't get between me and my m&m's!!

--------------------

Dang it Ashley!! new
      #122016 - 11/15/04 02:20 PM
Cara4503

Did you HAVE to bring that up??!?!?! LOL. Now I'm going to hear it from everyone on the boards....
We are smoking right now - BUT, listen before you all yell!!
We actually are going to try and quit TONIGHT! We want to be done before the holidays because we go to Chicago to see my family, and they don't know we smoke....
This time we are actually really excited about quitting, which I think will help. We have been cutting down cigarettes each day, and today is the last day...so wish us luck.
I know for all of you that don't smoke or never have, it seems ridiculous and stupid, but it's a lot harder than you think to give up.
Thanks for bringing it up girl!! Haha. Jk. I did not know that about the sperm thing, I'll definately mention that to Justin tonight!

--------------------
~Cara~

LOL new
      #122018 - 11/15/04 02:25 PM
Cara4503

Oh Michele - you crack me up. A pissed off, hungry girl on crutches. LOL.
I get like that with the progestrone too - I'm on day 5 of it right now for this month. I get so moody! Last Friday I had cleaned the whole house, and Justin got home and left a Dr. Pepper can out on the coffee table and I had a b*tch fit. I apologized of course, but the little things aggrevate me for these 10 days!
Now he jokes around, and when gets up from the couch he looks at me, and then puffs the couch pillows up before he walks away - lol.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: LOL new
      #122020 - 11/15/04 02:31 PM
michele

Hey, at least your man is catching on!! I've been doing the progesterone for how many months now and WIll still asks what I'm upset about??!! MEN!! I'm trying to be very happy around him right now, I feel so quilty with him working SO much AND having to cook and clean....At least I know he will appriciate me more when this is over! HE actually grumped at ME this morning for him having to pick up my cereal bowl off the table! Have you ever tried to carry a dirty cereal bowl to the sink while using crutches??!! Maybe now he will understand when I grump at him about messing up the house right after I clean it!

--------------------

Cara!!! new
      #122027 - 11/15/04 03:26 PM
StephS

I'm wishing you the best of luck with the smoking thing!!! You are such a pretty girl....why would you ever want to put an ugly cigarette up to your mouth? JUST kidding ya!! I did the high school smoking thing.....even thought I didn't do it very long....it was still dificult to stop....we use to smoke and drink....they just went hand in hand.....but I haven't done either of those things in ages!!!!

I really wish you and your hubby the best of luck!!! OR will power!

--------------------

Edited by StephS (11/15/04 03:27 PM)

#122031 - 11/15/04 03:39 PM
heather7476

LOL!! OMG what a mental picture!!! I hope everyone lives through this!! LOL!! If anyone does get in your way just wack them with your crutch!!!!

I finnaly stoped haveing the gotta eat everything stage and now you start!!LOL Look out all stores in eastern michigan area!!! WE WANT ARE M&M'S and WE WANT THEM NOW!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Dang it Ashley!! new
      #122036 - 11/15/04 04:26 PM
RachelT

Hey I can understand Cara... I smoked for 10 years. Quit when I was 21. Even though I tell people I quit cold-turkey, I still snuck one in every now and then for a couple of months. Good luck!!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Ok I have a confession new
      #122039 - 11/15/04 04:32 PM
heather7476

I smoke!!! Now don't everyone yell at once!!! I will quit one day just not today !! Don't worry Amie I won't smoke in the house on the 4th!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Ok I have a confession new
      #122041 - 11/15/04 04:43 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Heather!!!!! You naughty thing.....<Sinead moving into lecture mode>....I have asthma so am REALLY antismoking and don't let anyone smoke in my house (well its MY house!) the funny thing is none of my family or friend smoke, BF's three brother, parents and 2 friends who call by all do..Still though, he is as antismoking as me.
They brought in the "no smoking in workplaces" law here in March and I am loving it! My asthma is so much better, I always needed my inhaler in pubs and now I don't yippee and I barely have to take my inhaler at all anymore!

<steps down from high horse!>

I do other "bad" things, we all have confessions, there is no point in quitting until you WANT to, its like losing weight, you need to want to before you can do it properly!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

I have a question... new
      #122052 - 11/15/04 05:04 PM
RachelT

Does anyone know if DH is on an antibiotic, will it affect his sperm??? Or is it still safe to TTC? I know I know, I'm a worry wart.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

sorry cara!!! new
      #122072 - 11/15/04 06:03 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

don't hate me!

I just learned in class yesterday that men smoking lowers sperm production and sperm count.. so I figured i'd let you in on the secret! hehe don't be mad.. i didn't mean to blow your spot! hehe.

and trust me.. I know how hard quitting smoking is.. I smoked since I was forteen and finally quit for over a year.. then I did a bad thing and had one with my bestfriend when she came to visit one year later and now have to quit all over again!
so trust me.. I know how hard it is!

ps.. no worries about quitting.. when the time is right it will happen... and just think.. if you get pregnant that would probably be motivation enough to quit.

haha and I totally understand about the parents not finding out. my parents dont' have a clue and I hope to keep it that way always!

--------------------

yay heather! new
      #122086 - 11/15/04 06:45 PM
Cara4503

LOL. I love that kind of confession - HAHA. You won't get the lecture speech from me!
We don't smoke in the house....which sucks in the winter. Sometimes I'll have a scarf wrapped over my whole head except for a hole for my mouth! LOL. Yummy cigarettes....
Oh I will miss my cigarettes....

It'd be a lot easier if I hated the addiction, or the taste, or smell.......but I love it. There's another weird thing I'm fascinated with - the smell of smoke! Oh and gasoline - LOVE that smell.
Ok I'm going off subject.

Now everyone's going to yell at me for saying 'yay' that you smoke - Hahaha. Don't yell everyone! It's just nice to know I'm not alone.

I will quit! We only have 1 more left each! And I'm about to go smoke it......... *tears* I will need major help. And if I'm b*tchy for awhile, you know why. :P
Love ya'll!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: sorry cara!!! new
      #122087 - 11/15/04 06:49 PM
Cara4503

I don't hate ya darling! It's funny.
I once quit for 2 years...then I moved in with 4 smokers - that was the end of that. I have smoked now for 10 years. My husband used to chew when I met him, I made him quit and start smoking.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: yay heather! new
      #122102 - 11/15/04 07:09 PM
heather7476

Yep I know what you mean!! The only thing I hate about smoking is the cost!! I don't smoke around Kenna!! I either go outside or to the basemant if she is up!! I love to smoke!! It is just such a part of my life stupid I know but there it is!! I have been smoking since I was 15 I am now 28!! I cut back to two a day while pregers!! I went cold turkey at first and blood pressure shot through the roof and my doc said to do two a day, because the blood pressure was more of a danger to the baby (kenna) than the smoke!!

As for low birth rate because of smoking. Well I would have hate to have seen how big she would have been!! She was 8lb 13 oz and 23 inches long!! I am NOT promoting somking while pregers just telling my story!!!

I won't yell at you either!! I wish you all the luck with quiting!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#122113 - 11/15/04 07:16 PM
heather7476

LOL!!! My husband has never smoked or done drugs!!! I am the bad girl!!! I don't do drugs anymore or drink but can't give up my smokes!!! Chewing is so gross!!!! I have alot of family that chews including my great grandma!!!!! ( she passed away two years ago but yep she chewed most of her life!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#122129 - 11/15/04 07:39 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

oh yay! we're still friends hehe

anyways last cigarette.. yikes.. that's sad!

its strange when I quit it was mostly cause my ex wanted me to and i lived with two other boys that would make me go out in the freezing cold to smoke.. so one day I woke up and just slapped on a patch.. Honestly, I never got a celebratory last cigarette cause I was just so over standing outside in the rain to smoke and my ex refusing to kiss me right after.. haha I guess he did contribute one good thing to my life.

good luck.. let us know how it goes..

--------------------

Sprinkling baby dust and warm wishes new
      #122137 - 11/15/04 08:00 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I wanted to extend my thoughts to all you gals trying!!! Baby dust and warm wishes are being sent your way!!

Also - Cara, DH and I both smoke and didn't even think about quitting until I actually got pregnant (I know, incredibly naive) but we got pregnant just fine, so please don't stress about that)

Honestly, some doctors recommend you don't QUIT smoking if it will cause you great stress because that will put you in a higher stress level. I never officially quit when I was pregnant, just cut right down. I was only between 2-4 cigs a day. I could have quit, but just those made my days easier.

(PS - Sorry if anyone isn't happy about that This is just what I found worked for me - If you CAN quit - great!! )

Again, good luck ladies!!!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: Sprinkling baby dust and warm wishes new
      #122227 - 11/16/04 06:46 AM
Cara4503

Thanks Lana!! But now you're making it harder to quit! LOL.

I am really serious about it this time...I'm going to buy some suckers and some crest whitening strips or something so that I can be excited about making my teeth really white or something...maybe that'll make me not want to smoke.
UGH - it's just so hard because I love it. LOVE IT. And I love the smell of second hand smoke, so I definately have to stay away from smokers for awhile....

I'm glad Bentley is doing good!! Every time I hear Dirks Bentley I think of you!

~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

#122228 - 11/16/04 06:49 AM
Lana_Marie

You can do it Cara!!! Now is the best time to do it!!! If all else fails...get some Zyban or the patch or something. Put the money in a jar and spend it weekly on yourself...that will help you stay quit...or save it up for when you get pregnant you can buy the baby some stuff.

LOL - Everytime Dierks comes on CMT I always dance around with Ben...thanks for thinking of us LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#122233 - 11/16/04 06:52 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Hi all!!

Sorry for being MIA for a while. Busy week at work, and I'm leaving for Puerto Rico on Friday, so I have a bunch of things to wrap up before I leave.

I've been feeling pretty good. Just sore boobies, a little tiredness (but not like before), no nausea or anything. I have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow, so we'll know how far along I am.

I am really nervous because the last time I had an ultrasound, all we saw was the sac. It was a really sad appointment. I am praying that we see our little bean in there.

Michele, good luck with the testing. I won't get to know until I get back from PR, but I'll be thinking of you. Steph, I want to know about you as well. Good luck to everyone else!!

Hopefully, I'll get back on here after my u/s and let you know what happens.

Talk to you soon!

--------------------
~jules

Re: yay heather! new
      #122234 - 11/16/04 06:53 AM
Cara4503

Yep, I hate the cost with smoking too! That's the only thing I hate! When we lived in Chicago they were $5.75 a pack!! Here they are about $4.00, but still, with both of us smoking it's a lot of money!
So DH doesn't smoke?? That's probably a good thing for you! I'm so used to smoking with my DH that it's just harder to quit. I used to work in construction where EVERYONE smokes, so it's good I'm not at that job anymore.

That's crazy about the blood pressure rise when you quit!! And your grandma chewed!! LOL. I've never seen a woman chew. That cracks me up thinking of it. I tried it once and it was nasty. I was spitting stuff out for like 20 minutes. I tried everything in college....I'm done with that stage - but like you, I couldn't give up the smokes!

Ok I better stop talking about it now because I'm really starting to crave.

--------------------
~Cara~

cigarettes new
      #122244 - 11/16/04 07:13 AM
cailin

they cost the equivalent of USD $7.75 here for a box of 20!!!They are VERY heavily taxed here (so is alcohol)

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: cigarettes new
      #122253 - 11/16/04 07:33 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I know they are sooo expensive.. they are 5.00 a pack or 40.00 a carton in massachusetts.. however, in virginia.. where I am from the are only 19.99 a carton (ten packs) or 2.50 a pack. An insanely large difference if you think about it!

--------------------

Re: I have a question... new
      #122255 - 11/16/04 07:40 AM
michele

Hmmm, not positive Rachel but I think it should be fine!! Call you local pharmacist, they should be able to tell you for sure! Good Luck!

--------------------

#122261 - 11/16/04 07:54 AM
michele

Yeah, I've heard several states now have banned smoking in public places! I think thats great!!! My mom smokes like a chimney and I can't stand to visit her for more than an hour or two at her house because it just kills me. I refuse to let her smoke in my house so she never visits me! I hate going out to eat and having to smell and taste smoke with my food! Even sitting in the non smoking area you still get all that second hand smoke!

Now, remember, I used to be a drug addict so believe me I know something about addiction! I am also NOT a conservative person in the least. If you want to smoke, I don't care but don't subject me to it! I'm not going to judge anyone or hold it against anyone, I just don't want to inhale it, taste it, breath it, smell it on my clothes and hair etc!!

So, my dear girlfriends, you know I care very deeply for you but just hand to toss my 2 cents in!! Still friends??

--------------------

#122263 - 11/16/04 07:56 AM
michele

Well, I'm now just 7 dpo and when I woke up my boobs were tingley! I am VERY HORMONAL today. I just don't feel good. Had a rough night so that may have something to do with it. Not sure if its all just from the progesterone or...do I dare hope??

--------------------

The price of cigs here new
      #122268 - 11/16/04 08:08 AM
Lana_Marie

Here they cost about $11 per pack!!!!! I wish they were $4 I would be a chain smoker for that price LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#122271 - 11/16/04 08:11 AM
heather7476

Of course we are still friends!!! I promise no somking in the house on the 4th!!! I am VERY respectfull of those who don't smoke!! It is my addiction not theirs!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: The price of cigs here new
      #122272 - 11/16/04 08:13 AM
heather7476

They are about 5.00 bucks a pack here!! When I lived in VA I could get a cartoon at the base for 12.00 bucks!!! Military did have it's advatages!!! LOL

--------------------
Heather7476

#122277 - 11/16/04 08:24 AM
michele

Yay, were still friends!! Like I said, I don't judge, I just don't like being exposed to it!! Plus, I haven't had any m&m's yet today so I'm a bit, ok a LOT, grumpy!!!! Do you think the drive through window at the drug store would be mad if I asked for the industrial size bag of m&m's? These darned crutches SUCK!! I can't even go but my own m&m's!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

--------------------

#122303 - 11/16/04 08:49 AM
heather7476

O BOY!!! I didn't even think about that!!! Do you any Mr Fresh around you!! Just buy like five of the regular bags!!

BIG HUGS!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#122340 - 11/16/04 09:18 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm sending you mental m&m's!!! Tons of them!!!

Ah, chocolate in pill form. I think they had menstrual women in mind!!!!!!!!!

~nelly~

#122356 - 11/16/04 10:10 AM
michele

I love that, chocolate in pill form!!!!

Since they ARE in pill form, does that make it acceptable to ask for them at the drive through window at the pharmacy??!!

--------------------

Re: The price of cigs here new
      #122380 - 11/16/04 10:53 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

The HQ of Phillip Morris is in Virginia, so they will never be non-smoking, and cigs will be cheaper there. All the second hand smoke doesn't help my asthma or IBS though!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Chocolate in pill form! new
      #122385 - 11/16/04 10:57 AM
cailin

Since Nelly identified M&Ms as chocolate in pill form some thoughts have struck me!

..if you overdose will they sort that out in the ER?
..and can I claim it on my health insurance??
...how much is an overdose?
...is there chocolics anonymous?

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: Chocolate in pill form! new
      #122395 - 11/16/04 11:29 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I used to smoke and quit when I met my DH. Interestingly enough, when I quit smoking I got IBS. Smoking makes my IBS-C go away. Weird, eh? It's definitely NOT a trigger for me, it actually helps my tummy woes.

Michele, tingly boobies!!?? I can't wait til you test!

I went out and bought a home doppler-thingy. I tried to listen for the heartbeat but didn't hear anything. I don't think I'm doing it right. Hopefully, I'll hear the hb tomorrow!

--------------------
~jules

#122401 - 11/16/04 11:38 AM
heather7476

Me to michele!! I am suppose to start Friday but I started spotting last night and this morning now I have stopped!! I am also very Nauses all day today!! That could just be IBS or something else but now I am kind of wondering if one of those good little tap poles made it!!!!LOL

Trying not to get my hope s up though becuase I still doubt it!! I can't wait to see what your test says!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#122403 - 11/16/04 11:45 AM
michele

Jules, where did you buy the home dopplar thing???? Do you mind if I ask what you paid for it? I DO want one!! I'm going to be so nervous when I get pregnant, I think it would be helpful if I can hear my baby's heartbeat any time I want!! Remember, you probably won't be able to actually HEAR the heart beat until 8 weeks! You can usually SEE it beating on an ultrasound but usually can't hear it until 8 weeks!

--------------------

Ditto! new
      #122412 - 11/16/04 12:21 PM
Nelly

I live in MD (in a non-smoking county-- they're doing it by counties here) and work in DC (smoking district) and I hear ya on that asthma comment! I have to lunch with all these MD smokers who come down here to wreck my lungs at work. It sux!!!!!

We all have bets here at work if they're going to make VA non-smoking or not. They've already passed a major cigarette tax down there and it seems a bit schizophrenic, considering the tobacco legacy in VA!!!!

~nelly~

#122413 - 11/16/04 12:22 PM
Nelly

I need m&m's and some barney flinstones, stat!!! I'm jonesing, man!!!

~certainly not nelly~

#122415 - 11/16/04 12:26 PM
Nelly

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think insurance (NHS!!) should cover m&m's. REALLY! Take 3 at noontime to avoid cramping, irritability, and general moodiness. Would you like a child-proof cap?

~nelly~

#122435 - 11/16/04 01:00 PM
cailin

Oh yeah that would be excellent- the peanut ones or the chocolate ones though..that would be my idea of a treatment choice!!

--------------------
S.

#122436 - 11/16/04 01:04 PM
michele

We should petition the insurance companies!!!

M&M's should now considered medically necessary!

--------------------

YES! new
      #122437 - 11/16/04 01:08 PM
Nelly

Too true. Who sez the cure is worse than the disease??

~nelly~

Jules new
      #122474 - 11/16/04 01:40 PM
StephS

Jules the heartbeat doppler thing won't work for a few more weeks...I have on too....but It doesn't sound as good as the one at the doc's office. But I could hear it!! Took me some time to hear it thought....so don't worry!!!

--------------------

Re: Dopplar thing new
      #122476 - 11/16/04 01:42 PM
michele

Ok girls, where did you buy them and how much were they? I've seen them on-line you can rent but didn't know you could buy them!

--------------------

Re: Dopplar thing new
      #122478 - 11/16/04 01:45 PM
StephS

Michele, I bought mine 4 yrs ago and it was a Target! I'm sure you can get them at Wal-Mart or any super store like that. Also check on-line....better yet...here is a link!

baby doppler

--------------------

Michele new
      #122480 - 11/16/04 01:48 PM
StephS

found one more at target..... web page

--------------------

Re:Cool!! new
      #122495 - 11/16/04 02:16 PM
michele

$20.00 at Target!! I'm getting one for sure!! I think it would really make me feel better any time I start to worry, I can just listen to the heartbeat and be re-assured that baby is still growing!! Thanks for the links, I saved them, if I buy anything "baby" before I'm actually pregnant, my hubby will shot me!!

--------------------

Never Mind!!! new
      #122566 - 11/16/04 05:06 PM
heather7476

Well Never mind!! AF arrrived in full force!!! Along with cheese cravings!! I picked the WRONG week to go back on the wagon!!! I am also like four days early what is up with that!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Never Mind!!! new
      #122620 - 11/16/04 05:51 PM
StephS

Oh darn Heather! I was hoping for you!!! Maybe Michele will be the winner this month. I'm still spotting, so I think AF will be here in the next few days too. I too started spotting early this month. I don't know what's up with the early thing this month. I just wish I had a regular period, where I didn't spot for days before the big shabang!!!

--------------------

nelly new
      #122630 - 11/16/04 06:23 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

the area in virginia i'm from is nonsmoking in public places.. and its right outside of DC.. well kinda. i'm from reston.. ever heard of it?

--------------------

Re: Never Mind!!! new
      #122752 - 11/17/04 09:45 AM
michele

Well dangnabbitt!!! AF needs to know when she isn't welcome!! I'm not feeling overly confident for this month either, just a feeling.

--------------------

I need M&m's!!!! Michele, Steph new
      #122755 - 11/17/04 09:50 AM
heather7476

Ok where the heck are my M&M's!!! Holly cow am I bitchy!!! Whew!!! I am not having a good AF this month!! God I miss BC they kept mt P so light and not real crampy!!!

Thanks guys I had a feeling it wasn't going to happen!!! The closer we get to the doc app the more worried I get!!! I'm not worried about not getting pregers again because if it happens it happens ( that is my feelings as of now. These are subject to change at any given moment LOL)I am worried that something may be wrong with Rich!!! I am getting very worried about that!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: I need M&m's!!!! Michele, Steph new
      #122762 - 11/17/04 09:54 AM
RachelT

Awe! Damn AF!!! I'm sorry it didn't work this month!!! It WILL happen when it's supposed to though, Heather!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Steph... new
      #122765 - 11/17/04 09:57 AM
RachelT

Are you still spotting??? What's going on with you??

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

#122766 - 11/17/04 09:57 AM
michele

Ok Sweetie, I think you need to go buy yourself some M&M's!! I completey know the bitchy feeling, wish I knew how to make that go away! If your cramping real bad, Tylenol shouldn't upset your tummy and might help a little. Also, get out the heating pad! I know since my going off the pills, my periods have been SO painful. I hope you feel better soon! Big Hugs!!

--------------------

#122773 - 11/17/04 10:03 AM
heather7476

I just poped two Tylenol and me and the heating pad will be getting real cosy sooon!!!! I also just ate three minie hersey bars!!! (left over from holloween) I will be ok it is everyone else you should worry about LOL!! My husband told Kenna to run away and hide this morning he was like "mommy has pms run, hide, save yourself Kenna!!!" Big Jerk LOL!!!

Thanks hon!! How you doing today???

--------------------
Heather7476

#122778 - 11/17/04 10:09 AM
heather7476

Thanks sweets!!! You think they would have figured out a better way to have babies than to have to have a dang p every month!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Steph... new
      #122782 - 11/17/04 10:15 AM
StephS

Hi Rachel, I'm still spotting a little. Not very much! I'm suppose to start the actual AF between today and Saturday!

So I guess I'm still waiting. I did start spotting 5 days early this month!! So I have no clue what's up with that....I'm HOPING it was implantation spotting, BUT I'm pretty sure AF will be here any time now

I'll keep you posted...I've been tempted to take a test...but I don't want to waist it!! I can wait a few more days, I THINK!!!!

Thanks for checking in on me!

--------------------

#122785 - 11/17/04 10:19 AM
cailin

LOL- you have a funny husband- at least he understands, although Kenna is a bit young to be programmed like that! I am sure you don't take your mood out on her, hope you are feeling better. I got up at 3pm and spent the afternoon watching the video of my friend's wedding, (the one my profile pic was taken at and BF was best man at)
How chilled, Still haven't made ADBS as still haven't left the house to buy eggs (and I need flour i think too) Hopefully BF will get them on his way home...
How are you doing now?
Sinead

--------------------
S.

#122805 - 11/17/04 10:59 AM
heather7476

I am ok!! I just spent a half hour in the potty but I am doing ok!!! Cramps have backed off a little!!

Kenna just laughs at him and says Daddy your CCCRRAAZZYYY!!! I try very hard not to take it out on her!! She is being a VERY good girl today so I think we may all live!!! I hate pms and the way it makes me!!!

How are you feeling!! You are not going to want to go back to work after two weeks off!!! OY!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#122815 - 11/17/04 11:17 AM
michele

Glad to hear Keena is being a good girl today and at least hubby has a sense of humor about the whole pms thing! when I tell Will I have PMS he just runs to the basement and doesn't come up!!

I'm not feeling so hot today at all. Another rough night. My ankle is killing me!!! It keep cramping last week and waking up what little sleep I did get. My eyes are all dark and puffy. Luckily, I haven't been very busy at home but even just sitting here with it up on a chair and a pillow, its screaming pain at me. I don't have any pain pills left but do see the dr on Friday. I'm also feeling VERY hormonal and bitchy and hungry and generally run down. Wish I could go home and go to bed. Who knows, I think I will put a note on the door at the office and leave early, most of our patients know about my accident so hopefully will continue to be understanding. I know of a couple of people that should be in soon but maybe I can leave between 3-4.

Here's to hoping we all feel better soon!

--------------------

Michele new
      #123139 - 11/18/04 08:46 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Wish I could give you some of my M&M's, but I ate them all last night!!!! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Re: Michele new
      #123145 - 11/18/04 08:59 AM
michele

Huuby took pity and bought me some yesterday!! Wasn't that sweet! I think he was afraid I was going to hurt someone! He even snuck a bag in my purse this morning!!

--------------------

Re: Michele new
      #123174 - 11/18/04 10:10 AM
heather7476

He is so sweet!!! We got good guys Michele!!!! Glad you got your M&M's!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2201 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22723

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review