All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
lol you are too funny! nt (nice sig by the way) new
      #123527 - 11/19/04 06:35 AM

Unregistered

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Linz new
      #123528 - 11/19/04 06:35 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Not for nothing Rachel, do you own a TV in your house? I am not saying this in a condescending way at all. But, with all the crap that is on TV with language and sex I would think you wouldn't own a TV in your hous ebecause it goes against your values.

I think people have a right to express their views. Linz apologized for her use of the word. The fact that Heather didn't want to take it down is also a decision that I can live with. I am a Catholic and I yeah, I don't use that particular cuss word too often but I do. If I got p*ssed off every time use dthat particular curse word I would never leave the house. Please reconsider your decision to leave the boards. I think you've made your point already.

--------------------

I'm a little confused , Heather (THE HEATHER) ...... new
      #123534 - 11/19/04 06:44 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

because the other posting that offended some (the ***hole one) was removed, but this one won't be.

Why did you immediately remove that one---- but decide to leave this one?

That doesn't make sense to me.

not heather but my guess is new
      #123546 - 11/19/04 06:58 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

a-hole is offensive to all
G-dammit is only offensive to those of certain religious beliefs, to delete would be to discriminate on grounds of religion or to give religion a place on the boards(?) the boards should not alienate anyone on grounds of religious belief.

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Edited by cailin (11/19/04 07:09 AM)

My oh my, I bet LauraSue didn't think her migraine would cause this much trouble!! -nt- new
      #123560 - 11/19/04 07:22 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

They can be pretty troublesome things, ya know?- nt new
      #123563 - 11/19/04 07:28 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

#123574 - 11/19/04 07:50 AM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Rachel,

I respect your decision for wanting to leave the boards. Seeing as you are a human of your own free will and living in a democracy, you have every right to do so.

I must however disagree with your assertion that these boards are suitable for children. Due to the personal nature of IBS and the semi-annoynimous format of these boards, these boards are an invaluable tool for discussing important aspects of this condition and better understanding it. Topics such as sex (for both pleasure and reproduction), various bodily functions, relationships etc. are all discussed in ways which would not be suitable for children. However, I feel that this is necessary.

I didn't see the A-hole comment, but there is a difference in that it would be directed at board members, whereas Linz was only directing it at migraines. Who really likes migraines anyways?

Besides, Linz apologized for her comment, most discussion boards would have included an angry response with even more colourful language. So it'll be too bad if you let this get in the way of learning more about your condition, however, I respect your opinion,

I totally agree with what JBI has said. -nt- new
      #123590 - 11/19/04 08:17 AM
Stephie

Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#123610 - 11/19/04 08:53 AM
Kimm

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I agree with you completely

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 112 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20689

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review