Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I got out, but the pain is WORSE!
      #121189 - 11/12/04 05:58 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi all,

So I told hubby I was depressed and not able to get myself out for fresh air. So we went to the doggie park last night.

We were only there for like 30 mins when the pian was BAKC (I'd been feeling better on the pian scale since I've been sleeping most of the week cause of the Lexapro). OHMYGOSH how I hurt! When we arrived home...I actually complained of the pain to hubby (he says I've never complained before!) I was FREEZING cole (my hands were like ice) even tho I was ok while we were out. It was just SO BAD! And I had a wretched headache It almost wants me to stay home next time instead of going at all...

The worst part though was seeing two girls, sisters, RUNNING and chasing their dog. I want that to be ME.

Hubby suggested bringing a chair next time. I don't want it to come to that...but I also don't want to miss the doggie park. Dude, I'm ONLY 25 (I'll be 26 a week from Sunday). Is this REALLY my life?

I've started writing about fibro. I realize I'm in a depression right now. I am hopeful that writing it all out will help me cope.

And I will TRY to get dressed in the morning. And to sit outside.

If you have ANY ideas of what else I should do...please alert me to them!

Thanks for being here...

Love to you all!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I got out, but the pain is WORSE! new
      #121204 - 11/12/04 06:32 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know it can be tough sometimes but trying to start with a positive attitude every day is a good start. Please try to get outside as much as you can to get fresh air. Hang in there! And know that people are here to support if you need to vent, cry, complain or whatever!!!!!!!LOL

#121219 - 11/12/04 07:50 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hey Ruchie, I know how you feel. It is getting harder and harder for me to just get out of bed in the mornings. But I find it helpful to get up immediately and take a nice hot shower. Get dressed and do my hair somewhat. Then put my shoes on b/c it is harder to crawl back into bed w/ shoes on, especially laced shoes. I also feel better and less tired if I don't lay around in my PJs w/ my hair a mess. After you have completed the task of getting ready for the day take a 15 min rest sitting down then prepare a good breakfest for yourself. Breakfest is the most important meal of the day it helps give you energy for your day ahead. Then take another rest for 15-30 mins. Then try to just go out and sit on front porch to get some fresh air. And if you need to take pain management meds, then do it. There is no shame or failure in taking pain relief meds.

And maybe you can't get all the way through to going outside the first day, that's okay. Do baby steps until you feel better. My doc says exercise will actually help w/ the aches and Fibro. But he said you have to go real slow so as not to worsen the symptoms. So maybe the doggie park outing was just to long. Start out by just getting outside once a day and then move up to a small walk and then up to the doggie park.

My prayers our with you! Be strong and feel better. But most importantly listen to your body and take care of yourself.
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

#121533 - 11/13/04 03:46 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

You probably did too much, Ruchie! 30 minutes is a long time when you're sick.

Next time, try for only 15. And make sure you bundle up first. I bet getting cold made you more painful. I know I get much more ouchy when I'm cold! Shivering and tensing up isn't good for us.

Don't worry.... you'll be able to get to the doggie park soon. Just maybe not today! Remember, you're SICK. Treat yourself nicely and don't rush things. K?

SMOOCHES.

--------------------

Sweetie, I'm SOOOOO proud! new
      #121611 - 11/13/04 11:40 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Yay for you! That is so positive.

Okay, I did mention a bench, right? (Feeling teeny bit guilty here! ). You were WALKING for half an hour?!? Wow - go you! And do wrap up extra warm - cold is so bad for us. It's better to be hot and sweaty than painful. Next time, wrap up more and can you take a picnic blanket to sit on? Wear a wooly hat and gloves. If I don't when it's cold, I get a headache and my hands turn to blocks of ice. I've even been known to walk the dog wearing a t-shirt, fleece hat and gloves! But whatever it takes, right?

I couldn't run much even before this DD because of asthma. At PRIMARY school, teachers told me I was unfit because I couldn't run when all the time I had asthma. Running triggers it more than anything else.

I tend to sit on the floor and play with my dog now. Admittedly his joints are as bad as mine, but it's still great - he loves rolling around me! Still fun for both of us!

Honey, you've just done the two best things you could do to beat the Fibro depression. You've admitted you've got it. And you've broken your hermit routine. Good for you!!!

I am so proud of you!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 407 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 411

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review