All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need some game ideas for son's 7th b-day party tomorrow!!!!
      #121141 - 11/11/04 07:51 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

OK, so I'm insane....I'm having a B-day party for my son tomorrow. He is having over 8 friends...so inclucding him and my daughter I'll have 10 kids at my house. I did plan the party to ONLY be on hour!! I can't handle 7 yr old boys any longer than that!!!

So its cold here in UT so I need to keep them inside....anyone have some good game ideas? I have a few in mind...but I'm just wondering if anyone has some wonderflly fun game!!!

Thanks!!!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need some game ideas for son's 7th b-day party tomorrow!!!! new
      #121144 - 11/11/04 07:57 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

http://64.227.79.101/html/games.html
Try this web site!! Some of them might to young for a seven year old but some of them sounded kind of cooll!!!
Good Luck!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#121146 - 11/11/04 07:58 PM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Pass the parcel and musical chairs were always big hits when I was wee. A pinata might be okay also if you have a big (empty!) room to put them in.

--------------------
*Emma*

#121214 - 11/12/04 06:58 AM
StephS

thanks Heather, those look like some good games!!!!

--------------------

balloons! new
      #121216 - 11/12/04 07:05 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

stick some money...mostly dimes and quarters but a couple of dollar bills in the balloons, blow them up and have the kids sit on them to make them pop and they get to keep the $$. It is so much fun.

The other one is that you blow up a balloon, tie a piece of string on it...tie it around the kids ankles and let them stomp the balloons until only one person is left. Very seldom does a child get hurt and watching the kids is a riot!

Re: balloons! new
      #121217 - 11/12/04 07:19 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Those are great Ideas!!! I will remmber those for my DD birthday party!!! Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

#121256 - 11/12/04 09:51 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

The balloon idea is great.. my mom used to do that for my birthday parties.

She would generally stick small candies (tootsie rolls, double bubble gum etc) in some of the balloons before blowing them up.. in others she'd put mcdonalds gift certificates (like one small sundae, or a free french fries etc) and then in others she'd put dollar bills.

It was so fun we'd all run around the room popping balloons for prizes.. i'm sure your daughters and sons would enjoy.

--------------------

#121277 - 11/12/04 10:41 AM
StephS

that is a good idea!!! I'll have to see if the balloons I have will work.

Thanks for the ides!!!

--------------------

#121283 - 11/12/04 10:51 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I love the balloon stomping game! We used to play it at my aunt's house until my brother (20) and my cousin (21) got too old and were doing it in a mean fashion.

We always played the best games at my aunt's parties. One game that was particularly fun because the adults can play too is "Donut On A String". You take a white powdered mini donut and tie a string to it. Tie the other end of the strong to a long stick and have an adult hold it. Then, without using any hands (only their mouth!), the kids can try to take a bite out of the donut while the adult moves the donut up and down randomly. This is particuarly funny because the adult has control over how close to hold the donut to the kid's mouth. Many people walk away with their faces covered in white powder (especially noses!).

Another fun game that we used to play until we got old enough to deam it creepy (title of the game) was "Feely Neely". My aunt would get about 20 items in a large shoe box and tape it shut. She'd then cut a hole in the end of the box large enough for a child's hand. At the party, we'd each take turns going into a room with my aunt and trying to guess what was in the box. She'd write down each of our guesses and whoever had the most correct guesses won!

Hope these help.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Wal-Mart and the Dollar Store always have balloons... new
      #121433 - 11/13/04 05:44 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1085 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1082

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review