All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Gap Jean Girls-Help
      #120223 - 11/09/04 09:36 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ok, I remember seeing several posts recently about how much several of you like the ultra low rise stretch jeans from gap. Here's my problem. I have a pair of slim leg jeans from the limited in size 12, before I gained a few more pounds and could where tham, they were REALLY tight in my thighs. I have tried on several different Levi styles and all the slim fits are also too tight in my things. Ok, I have fat thighs, I get it!! The next problem is my waist isn't much smaller than my hips. If I measure my smallest part of my waist its 36 inches for the low rise ones it says to measure 1.5 inches below that and its 39. My hips measure 41. I'm afraid if I order the 14 ultra low rise the thighs will be too tight and if I order the 16 than they will be too big in the hips??? The did have a pair that was just regular low rise with a fuller leg, do you think they would still be comfy on my bloated belly? Do you find that the ultra low rise "gap" in the back above your butt? I've tried other brands on and had that problem. I need to order something because I can't fit into any of my jeans!!! It will probably be at least a month before I'm able to walk and I really can't wait that long. Any advice?? Help!! Feeling fat, confused and in need of jeans!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Gap Jean Girls-Help new
      #120229 - 11/09/04 09:55 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

do you have a gap around you? If so I would say just go in and try them on....I know that might be hard with your leg....but its hard to know....Jeans all fit sooooo different. I can buy pants that are the same style, different color and have to buy them different sizes.

So if you can go and try some on! I find that the lowrise gap jeans that you are talking about are VERY comfy!! I love them, I want to get more!!!!

--------------------

#120242 - 11/09/04 10:25 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I've never tried the GAP ones... but the Eddie Bauer ones I told you about in the other post come in slim fit and regular... jeans They also come in stretch if that's what you prefer. I prefer these because I'm wider through the thighs. And yes, I always have a problem with the gap in the butt area... not with these.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

I don't have the ultra low-rise ones... new
      #120248 - 11/09/04 10:28 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...but my Gap jeans are so comfy. They are (unzips them to check the label ) stretch flares. I hate the gaping over the bum thing so I get these. AND I have chunky thighs and not much waist and these are more comfy than any other pair I've owned.

#120259 - 11/09/04 10:45 AM
michele

Rachel, whats the rise on those Eddie Bauer, I looked but didn't see it. I'm sure it says somewhere but I didn't see it?! I have a pair of Levis that are labeled lower rise and they hit me about an inch under the belly button. When my tummy is acting up, they pinch. I was hoping for something a little lower but not so low I get the butt gap thing?!! I would love to go to the gap and try some on but its just not possible right now with my foot. I looked in my local mall at the gap about a week before I feel and the only had up to size 12 in stock, they were too tight. Do other Gap stores carry the 14 and 16's in stock? I think a 14 in a baggy cut would fit but I'm afraid it might be too tight in the skinny cut.

--------------------

Michele... new
      #120263 - 11/09/04 10:54 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I'm not gonna be much help with the GAP ones, sorry. But if you go back to the link and scroll down the page a little, there's a picture of the different rises and where these sit... I don't think these are ultra-low but on me they sit below my waist, not at my waste.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Michele... new
      #120270 - 11/09/04 11:07 AM
michele

Thanks Rachel!! Thats about where my Levis hit me. I found a pair of draw string jeans at Victoria Secret that are a little lower and with the draw string I figured you wouldn't get the butt gap thing. I ordered them and a pair of slacks for work. If I like them, I'll let you guys know!

--------------------

#120271 - 11/09/04 11:09 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

LOL girl - I know what you're going through - it's impossible for me to find jeans usually......especially because I'm like 8 feet tall.
I actually just bought jeans from Aeropastale for the first time (I only buy jeans from Express because I love their longs)....but I LOVE these jeans from Aero. They are stretch and ultra-low rise. Only problem is when I sit down you can see my crack - lol. I just try to wear a longer shirt or tie something around if I'm going to be sitting!! OH the things women go through to stay in style.......lol.
Oh - and talk about feeling fat...I had to buy 2 (NOT 1, BUT 2) sizes bigger than I wear at other stores....I guess their jeans run small?? Or my butt runs big?? lol.

I would never buy jeans w/o trying them on - you better wait till your leg is better girlie!!
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Size 14- Gap ultra low rise new
      #120274 - 11/09/04 11:21 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

They only stock up to the size 12s in the stores. I'm 5'11", 158 lbs and can wear either a 12 long with a belt or a 10 long without one. Both ably cover my crack, to answer your question!!

These are the Only Jeans I've Ever Worn which do not ever, ever give me IBS attacks. I highly, highly recommend them! I have ruined expensive jeans with D before, so I always look at price, but I paid $58 for mine, and I have 5 pairs now.

Get the size 14 online, and let me know how it fits. The Gap has a very liberal return plan so you can take them into a store or return them even after you've washed them. If you order them from the store in person, you pay no shipping, btw.

Good luck!!

~nelly~

#120277 - 11/09/04 11:34 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

How tall are you, Cara? Express jeans aren't long enuf for me. My inseam is 35 1/2".

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 623 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 27908

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review