All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I am out of control with eating!!!!
      #120077 - 11/08/04 03:45 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

GUYS HELP!!!! How do I get back on track!! I have been eating like a little piggie!!! I don't want to gain my weight back!! I went on a majior binge with the halloween candy!! Now I feel hungray all the dang time!!! I could eat a horse I swear!!! I am trying so hard to get back on the IBS safe diet and not binge. I don't know what is wrong with me!! I was doing so good!!! Now all I think about is food!! My tummy is sorta holding up but is not as good as it was!!!! HELP!!!!! I hate being this weak!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am out of control with eating!!!! new
      #120092 - 11/08/04 04:26 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

Heather,

Hang in there. Try to eat something that makes you feel full. Or, if you don't have problems with gas and bloating, try chewing some gum to keep your mouth busy.

Meg

#120103 - 11/08/04 04:40 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

you ren't weak- you'll find the right balance soon enough- I have found if I keep things totally away for good then I binge on them over time.. so instead its an occasional treat... and that especially includes chocolate- I'm happy with one piece once a week now because its all GOOD stuff instead of the stuff I was doing!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

I hear ya....... new
      #120113 - 11/08/04 04:51 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I am seriously scared that I'm going to become diabetic. No one believes how much sugar and candy I eat during the day until they actually see me eat it. Example - I ate an entire 2 pound bag of skittles today...and a box of gobstoppers....and I have sugar in my oatmeal....and teddy grahams....and I'm sure I'm fogetting much more. I can tolerate it, and it is a total addiction. I don't know how to stop!!!! I just hate that I can't have chocolate, so this is my way of compensating!!
I need help. I'd probalby drop 5 pounds in a few days if I stopped the sugar, but it seems impossible...

--------------------
~Cara~

Thanks guys!!!! new
      #120132 - 11/08/04 06:25 PM
heather7476

I a feeling a little better now!! When I made the post I had just eaten dinner and was still hungry and looking for more food!! UUUGGG!!! So I started making the candy I need to donate for the craft and bake sale at kenna's school!!! It took my mind right off food!! I think part of the problem is I have been stuck in the house with a sick kid!!! I am getting bored and filling the time by filling my mouth with food!!! I hope I can get back on track soon!! I think my tummy is about to give me no choice!!!
i haven't had a bm in three days!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Get it out of the house! new
      #120133 - 11/08/04 06:38 PM
renaanne

Reged: 09/19/04
Loc: Marietta, GA

Heather,
My best defense against eating lots of junk is to not have it in the house. If I have it in the house, I will eat it. If I don't have it, I won't make a special trip to go buy junk. I also don't buy foods that are already prepared or bad snacky foods. If I can grab a cookie or chips or something quick, then I eat more during the day. But if I have to think about it and actually prepare something, then I don't eat as much. I always have a bag of carrots, dried fruit, fresh fruit, bread, etc. so if I need a snack I will automatically choose something healthy. I also try to find other things to do...sewing, reading, playing games with the girls, anything to keep my occupied. Good luck with your diet.
Rena

Re: Get it out of the house! new
      #120140 - 11/08/04 07:32 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I'm with you on this! I too over eat at times! I know last week I was eating LOTS of candy! But every time I ate it I felt nauseated, dizzy and got a headache. So that pretty much stopped me from eating it! I get bored so I eat candy. Or after I eat lunch I want something sweet.

I would say the best way not to eat it is throw it out! I don't buy the stuff, but if it's laying around I have a REALLY hard time ignoring it!

I keep thinking about the holidays and bracing myself for all the food. I DON'T want to gain weight either. As you know I'm TTC. I gained SO much weight with my last pregnancy that I don't want to next time around. In fact I want to just gain 25 at the most. So I keep on telling myself "if I eat this I may gain weight and then it will be all the more when I do get PG"

I'm a small framed girl...5'5 usually 110-112 I was 167 by the time a gave birth to my DD!!! WOW!! That was big for me!!!! Luckley I drop down to smaller than I start out....but I CANT do that again!!!!

So I'm having the same thoughts as you....don't want to gain weight!!!

Sorry....I went off!!! I'm glad my kids Halloween candy is almost gone...all that's left are things I don't care for!!!

--------------------

Re: Get it out of the house! new
      #120141 - 11/08/04 07:39 PM
heather7476

I am sending most of what is left of the halloween candy to work with my husband tommrow!! I have to get back on track I am so happy when I lose weight!! I don;t want to go back up again!! I have to get back to eating smaller portions again and not letting food rule my day!!!!
Thanks to both of you

--------------------
Heather7476

Re I'm in the same boat Heather, I feel addicted.... new
      #120153 - 11/08/04 10:29 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I also sent the left over candy to work with my H. I may as well have walked around the house witht he m&m's bag around my neck,, I finally felt sick and pulled out all of the hidden candy and it leaves in the a.m.

I am starting to feel bad, mentally and physically, I am mad at myself for all of the binging, I dont want to gain back my weight either and I am now about 5-8lbs larger. I have to do something to get myself into control, if I dont, when Spring comes back around what am I going to do? I dont like myself when I over eat like this.

Wed. is my son's birthday and I offered to cook, what the heck am I going to cook, H suggested Manicotti, doesn't he realize that I can't eat that stuff???? ITs just not fair to have to cook it and not be able to eat it. Not sure what to cook yet, I may go ahead and just have a bowl of rice with sweet peas while they are eating Manicotti and Garlic Bread.

Good Luck Heather!!

#120189 - 11/09/04 09:00 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I hear girls!! I was just getting back into my exercise routine when I fell and hurt my foot. Now its going to be over a month before I can even walk let alone work out!! And since I have to rely on hubby for food, beggers can't be choosers!! I had gained a lot of weight with the recent miscarriages and depression and feel FAT!! In fact, I'm going on line today to see if I can order some of those Gap low rise jeans some of you girls were talking about. I've never worn jeans from the gap but mine are too small and its not like I can run over to the mall and try some on so I hope they fit!!

I know I ate my share of candy this weekend and now I'm craving it. I know once I make it past the craving part it won't be so hard. If I don't eat "junk" for a while than I don't crave it as much!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#120190 - 11/09/04 09:03 AM
michele

Chewing gum actually makes me more hungry!! All that chewing and nothing going into my tummy!! I try to keep a water bottle at hand and drink more water. The only problem then is I've got to pee more and its like a major event for me to hobble to the bathroom with my crutches and it gets my foot to throbbing when its not up for even 5 minutes!

--------------------

Re: Oh, my sweet hubby! new
      #120195 - 11/09/04 09:06 AM
michele

I just pulled a water bottle out of my tote bag he packed this morning for me and I found a hershey chocolate bar in there with a note saying "feel better soon!" Doesn't help with the weight lose one little bit but it was awful sweet of him! So now I'm sitting here looking at this yummy chocolate bar, salavating over it and feeling bad for being fat! Whats a girl to do???

--------------------

#120200 - 11/09/04 09:10 AM
heather7476

EAT IT!!! Then go home and kiss hubby!!! There is so much going on in our lives right now!!! We deserve a candy bar!!!
I just wish my but wouldn't Show that I ate one!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Jeans! new
      #120209 - 11/09/04 09:23 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Eddie Bauer has some really nice low-rise jeans as well. I think they're about $35.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Jeans! new
      #120224 - 11/09/04 09:37 AM
michele

Ooh, thanks, I'm going to check that out right now!!

--------------------

#120226 - 11/09/04 09:38 AM
michele

Yeah, my butt, my thighs, my hips, I guess the spare tire of mid life has settled upon me

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 557 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 739

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review