All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Rachel new
      #119945 - 11/08/04 10:52 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Yep!! I went on it when I was 16 and stayed on it till I was 24 and then went back on after Kenna was born!!! I was just wondering because if you had just gone off that might explain the spotting!!! But that is not the case so I am getting even more convinced you are pg!!!!
CALL THE DOCTOR!!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#119950 - 11/08/04 11:14 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Thanks Michele. I was actually thinking the same thing. Although, I have read that some women spot for their entire first trimester.

I called the doc and set up an appt. It's for Wednesday, unfortunately they will only do a urine test, so I don't think I'll be seeing the doc. I'll keep you all posted...

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#119952 - 11/08/04 11:21 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Why just a urine test??? It doesn't take a dr to draw blood?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#119954 - 11/08/04 11:22 AM
RachelT

I don't know... they have me just set up for an appt in the lab. I guess maybe because they feel that they need to confirm with urine first? At least I won't be charged for the lab test!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

#119955 - 11/08/04 11:23 AM
heather7476

UUMM I agree with Michele. If you are still spotting I would demand a blood test!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#119957 - 11/08/04 11:24 AM
RachelT

Do you think I can still demand it if I'm not scheduled for it?? While I'm there for the urine test?

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

#119959 - 11/08/04 11:28 AM
heather7476

If your still spotting and the test comes back postive then HELL ya!!! You will know the results of you urin test right then (at least I did). If it is postive I would demand something be done just in case something is wrong!! I don't want to stress you out or make you worry any more than you already are but I wouldn't leave that office without some answers as to why your still spotting or at least haveing them start runnig some blood work!!! I hope everything is fine!!!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<BIG HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

--------------------
Heather7476

#119962 - 11/08/04 11:40 AM
michele

I agree with Heather. Call back and tell them you have been spotting and are worried. Ask them if the dr can leave an order for the blood test. Typically, you have to have a dr's order for a blood test but I see no reason whats so ever why they wouldn't give an order for it!! Tell them you are spotting and keep getting inconclusive results with the urine tests. Why do dr's office's have to give us such a hard time for the simplest things!! If they give you a hard time than ask them what they plan to do once you pee on the stick in their office.

--------------------

#119964 - 11/08/04 11:48 AM
RachelT

Ugh! I went through this in February when I miscarried. I went to the doc the very same day that I had 2 positive results, and the urinalysis in their office came back negative. They wouldn't even give me a blood test or pelvic to confirm that I was miscarrying. (This was also with a different gyno than I normally saw.) Later on in May when I spoke with my regular gyno, he verbally confirmed that I had had an "early" miscarriage, going by all the symptoms before and after that day. (The next day was when all the pain and crap hit me.)

Now that I'm in a different state, maybe I can get better treatment. I don't think I'll call and demand a blood test, but if my urinalysis confirms a positive result on Wednesday, I will definately speak up.

Thanks again for all the support and advice. I'm glad I'm not going through this alone.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

#119968 - 11/08/04 11:54 AM
michele

Have you ever had your progesterone checked? I know I've talked about this before but IF, IF, IF you are having another early miscarriage, you may very well not be producing enough progesterone to support a pregnancy.

Did you keep the ept that turned out positive? If so, take it with you. Is your appt in the am at least??

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 182 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9624

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review