--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: RachelT are you testing today? NT new
      #119836 - 11/08/04 07:45 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Hi Steph! Thanks for thinking of me!

I went with what BabyZone suggested and tested yesterday morning... It was very light, but I got a positive result. Even though he saw it too, DH is skeptical that it was an actual positive result... so I will be testing again in a couple of days.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#119860 - 11/08/04 08:39 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I was just going to email you and ask the same question... now I know!

Good idea to test again in a bit, but I'm still excited for ya!!

#119868 - 11/08/04 08:59 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

That's wonderful!!!! I'm very happy for you! Let us know when you test again!

So that makes 2 out of the 6 that are trying PG!!! Maybe I'll be next!!! I have until the 17th before I'll know!!!

You need to post this on the makin' babies thread!!!

--------------------

#119899 - 11/08/04 09:56 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Yay....let us know when you test again!!

--------------------
~jules

Re: YAY!!! new
      #119900 - 11/08/04 09:57 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

OMG, I'm so excited for you!!!! ANY positive is a postive when it comes to pregnancy tests!!!!! Mine are always really faint at first. I even tested after I was over a week late last time, just for the heck of it, and it still wasn't very dark even though I had my blood test done and knew my HCG level was almost 1,000!!! How are you feeling??? ANy symptoms?? My boobs always hurt very early and I had pichy kinda cramps early one also. And lets not forget the fatigue and nausea, oh as bad as that sounds I can't wait to feel it again!!! LOL!! I'm about to ovulate so maybe I'll just be a few weeks behind you girls!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#119909 - 11/08/04 10:06 AM
RachelT

Michele?

What brand of tests have you used??? I used EPT yesterday. Is there any brand that's better?

Ok, truth be known... since I was wide awake at 3:00 this morning, I fell victim to the "what if" scenerio. I took a different brand of test, and it came back negative. But I had also been drinking a bunch of water because I was thirsty. Ugh... I haven't even told DH that I took another one because I want to believe I got a false negative. I'm so embarrassed. Could I have gone from being positive to being negative in 18 hours? Or do you think it was inaccurate because of the water? I wasn't going to obscess like this...

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

#119914 - 11/08/04 10:14 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I would either wait a few days or call your doc and go in for a blood test!!! Do you have a new doc yet??? I am hoping it is postive!!!! Keep us posted!!!
Good luck and lots of love!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#119916 - 11/08/04 10:17 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ok, try to relax. Not all ept are equal. Each brand will test positive at a different level of hcg. You can do a search through google, I once found a really cool sire that compared each brand. I buy super cheap ones from on-line. They will test positive at 20 hcg though, thats the most sensative. Most brands won't test positive until 50 hcg or even 100. So, if you tested with 2 different brands, you very well could get 2 different results this early. Also, diluted urine would make a BIG difference this early. Because the levels are so low the more diluted they are from drinking water etc, the more chances of getting a false negative. Very rarely, like almost never, do you get a false positive unless you have left over hcg from a previous pregnancy, which is not your case at all.

I will tell you the last time I was pregnant, I tested at 4 am and I stood in the kitchen holding the stick up to the light and stared at it forever trying to decide if I saw a second line or not!! I finally woke up hubby and made him get up to look. There was a second line for sure but it was very faint. I had a blood test 2 days later to confirm it.

You need to find out at what hcg level your tests are good for. If it doesn't say that on the box type the brand into google and search it. Also, this early, you really should only use first morning pee because it will be the most concentrated!! Try to relax today (impossible, I know ) and retest tomorrow am.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#119917 - 11/08/04 10:17 AM
RachelT

Thanks you so much Heather! I'm feeling kind of down today, so the support is greatly appreciated! I haven't called yet, so I don't have a doc. But I will call soon, I promise.

HUGS to you too!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 726 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9683

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review