All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Working....
      #118891 - 11/04/04 08:52 AM
Sunshyne

Reged: 10/26/04
Loc: San Antonio

So, I am broke and am kind of giving in and trying to find a job. I'm scared. I've had jobs in the past, and have basically LIVED on immodium... I don't want to do that again. Hubby doesn't understand, he just knows we need some more of an income. I feel like blowing off the interview and just telling him I didn't get the job...

its not like its an important job, just working in the portrait studio at JC Penney's... but its a job that I wouldn't be albe to just pop off to the ladies room whenever I needed to. I have D... almost CONSTANTLY...

I don't know what I'm asking here... just needed to talk I guess??

SIGH.....

Sunshyne

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Working.... new
      #118897 - 11/04/04 09:09 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

My best job when my D was controlling my life was filing. If you know the alphabet, you can file. I was alone all day in a dark filing room and knew what I had to do for hte day. No one was looking for me, and I could jump into the bathroom if I needed to. It really got my courage up in order to try to apply to jobs where I'd have to deal with the public.

But living on imodium isn't that bad, though. It goes to quality of life, and being able to give you the freedom to work, get money and be happy. Don't think of yourself of being tied to pills, and please don't judge yourself by "normal" people's standards.

It's not heroin. Think of it this way, you put on clothes, right? You wouldn't go out naked, right? Imodium just lets you go out the same, and protects you from food like your clothes protect you from the weather.

OK, maybe not like that. I've used up all my metaphors, evidently.

But you'll get into a routine, and you'll be able to predict your stomach's behavior better. Listen to your body, and don't hold off medication. You'll feel better.

I'm sending you good thoughts, and hoping you get a good job you like!!

~nelly~

#118898 - 11/04/04 09:11 AM
Sunshyne

Alright!! you go Nelly!! that is EXACTLY what I needed to hear...

#118902 - 11/04/04 09:15 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

GO GET 'EM, girl!!! It's a well-known fact IBS-ers are intelligent, fascinating people. You new boss is going to love you!

~nelly~

You know what's weird? new
      #118941 - 11/04/04 10:24 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've worked office jobs like crazy, and every single one has been a problem with my IBS. At one, I was actually forced to quit because I wasn't productive... I spent too much time in the very convenient bathroom.

The weird part is that I worked a retail job last year for the holidays, and I thought it would be hell on my body - I was just starting a really bad IBS flare-up - and would you believe that I was FINE? The only ladies' room was upstairs and on the other end of the building, but in 2 months of working, I never had to make a single dash for it. I think the busy-ness of a physical job, especially this time of year, kept my mind off it completely.

Everyone's different... and I'm definitely not saying that this is the perfect job for you... but you never know. It could be not nearly as bad as you're afraid it'll be.

Good luck - I know you'll find something that works out well for you, even if this isn't it!

Re: You know what's weird? new
      #118946 - 11/04/04 10:29 AM
Sunshyne

Hmmm, I've had nothing but office jobs the past couple years... and they've all eventually had to be told about the IBS...

Well, here's the dream I had last night... I got the job, filled out a medical sheet, omitted my IBS, FM, and kidney stone history... they found out, sued me, we were in court, the judge wouldn't give us a recess, I didn't have any immodium, and I pooped my pants...

how is THAT for a nightmare????

I guess I feel ashamed and have a hard time telling my supervisor's about my problem up front for fear of *NOT* getting the job... and I feel like I'm being dishonest in not being up front... ohhhh, the insanity

#118950 - 11/04/04 10:32 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I think you might realy like working a Photo studio!!! At this time of year you should never be there alone so could run to the BR if ya had to!! Plus take the Immodium!! It is ok!!
Good Luck and hope everything works out!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1676 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1741

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review