All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I am a Ohioan I feel like putting my tail between my legs
      #118848 - 11/04/04 06:47 AM
FEMBETH

Reged: 09/20/04

I don't like the fact that we were ultamately the deciding vote. I definatly know how Florida felt. I voted for John Kerry. Maybe that is why I feel this way. I don't know what would have happened if Kerry would have been in office. I feel there would be less of a chance of my father going back to Iraq. I am not going to voice my views, but here are my experiences.

I live 6 min. from my dad just to show how close I am to him. Last year was the first yr that my family (mother,sister,my children and myself)had to spend away from my father. He was a 56yr old diabetic that had been in the Vietnam War and was 4days from retirement out of the National Guard. The National Guard is not supposed to leave the Nation. (unless they are short soldiers then they can activate you as Army Reserves.) which is what they did to my dad. He was shipped to Iraq for a 1yr and 3month . I just wondered why we had to loose this time with him? I don't feel any safer than the day he left. I am sure the Iraqies do. I am very happy that my father is back safe and we will get to spend the holidays with him.This was the most trying time of my life thinking everyday was he safe will I ever talk to him again or see him again? He has retired from the National Guard but, since busch has become pres there is a chance he will be going back. Even though he is retired they have him until he is 60yrs old. That is part of my story and here is a little more.

I am a Ohioan and I see first hand how the jobs lost have affected the state. 270,000jobs lost in Ohio while Busch was president. We are the state that has lost the most jobs. I realize there are other states that have lost alot of jobs but this has been devastating to our state. I have not seen a plan to change this devastating affect and that is very frustrating.
Just a lighter note: my son is 8 and they were voting in school and his friend to him not to vote for Kerry because he thought is was ok for men to marry men. My son thought that meant he had to marry a man when he grew up. LOL
Thanks for listening I know not everyone will agree with each other and that is ok! That is what people are all about everyone being differant.(I think it is great that we are such a diversed Country)
Ps. My thoughts and prayers go out to every soldier!

Edited by FEMBETH (11/04/04 06:54 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am a Ohioan I feel like putting my tail between my legs new
      #118855 - 11/04/04 07:12 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Don't put your tail between your legs, stand up and be proud that you are an American and live in the greatest country on earth. You can go anywhere on earth and not be awarded the freedom you have here.

I am sorry you had to be apart from your dad, it sounds like you two really love each other. You are blessed to have that relationship, enjoy him. One thing I have learned with age is that we must make the most of every second of every day.

#118862 - 11/04/04 07:47 AM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

I am also an Ohioan and have been feeling sad since the Election. I guess I never thought so many people in this state would be voting for Bush. My husband was one of the unlucky ones to loose his job this year. He found something else but we had to move 65 miles from our family for this new job.

I guess the majority of Ohio and the rest of this country feel different than we do about who would be best to run this country. It's just a sad sad time for those of us who voted for Kerry.

#119012 - 11/04/04 12:08 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I feel for you. My dad is in the National Guard as well, and it sickens me that he may get sent off to Iraq. There's no way Bushie can claim to be a "moral man" if he's sending these mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters off to war for no reason. It sickens me. And makes me angry.

I'm from Michigan, which went to Kerry. But I live in W. Michigan, which is probably the buckle of the "Bible Belt".

I feel bad for all Ohioans who voted for Kerry.

--------------------
~jules

#119029 - 11/04/04 12:49 PM
stevensa

Reged: 09/12/04
Loc: Texas

I voted for Kerry & I'm a Republican in Texas (talk about an exercise in futility)! My wife is active duty and it worries me that she might have to go to Iraq. You voted your conscience, be proud that you made your voice heard. I hope that Bush will get rid of Rumsfeld and have a slice of humble pie and try to improve our international relationships.

p.s. if it's any consolation, at least Ohioans knew HOW to vote (just kidding, Floridians)

#119066 - 11/04/04 02:35 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

First of all Kerry didn't plan to pull troops out of Iraq - from what I understand he believes we don't have enough troops in Iraq. If I'm wrong please tell me.

Secondly, I'm tired of people blaming Bush for our Economy. I don't agree with his policy concerning companies moving jobs over seas. That does anger me. You also have to remember Clinton's last year as Presindent the Economy was already sliding and the stock market decline alot. I know, because we lost alot of money in stocks. I lived in Austin Tx at the time and I remember many people losing their jobs.

Bush was elected into office the following year and nine months later 911 occured. The Ecomony isn't solely based on the President either. He isn't the only one who makes decisions concerning America. There is a Congress at Captiol Hill and each state has it's governing body that makes decisions for thier states.

I don't totally blame Bush for the war and the Economy. I remember Congress voted for us to go to war.

I am so sorry for those of you who have loved ones over seas fighting. I only hope and pray for everyone's safety and a safe return home soon.

#119367 - 11/05/04 01:14 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I thought that Kerry had a plan to have troops out of Iraq in six months.

--------------------
~jules

Jules new
      #120386 - 11/09/04 06:57 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Thanks for the correction, but if you go to johnkerry.org he also wants to increase our military (by 40,000) for special forces.

For the record I do oppose this war, even though I did vote for Bush. I honestly don't believe Kerry will get our troops out any quicker than Bush. Six months isn't realistic. People are concerned Kerry will restart the draft to meet the increase amount of troops he desires. Honestly I couldn't see this happening.

I'm sorry you have loved ones over there and all we can do is pray for our troops safety and quick end to this war. It has already taken too many lives.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 440 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 549

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review