All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
You are not going to believe this!!!!! -- Please help me!!!
      #118445 - 11/03/04 10:17 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

A couple months ago I received a letter from Harley Davidson "welcoming me" to a HOG membership. Considering the fact that DH works for Harley Davidson, I figured it was just because I was his wife and didn't think much of it. I just now received a title in the mail for an actual motorcycle, with my name, address (in MN), and my date of birth! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This means someone purchased a bike with my name, DOB and social security number! And it's probably on my credit now! What do I do????????

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

You NEED to report it, immediately!!! new
      #118447 - 11/03/04 10:19 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,
I work in the police station and we report a lot of frauds and deceptions just like what has happened to you and you MUSt report it to your local police station. Unfortunately, people do this kinda stuff all the time.
Good luck!

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: You are not going to believe this!!!!! -- Please help me!!! new
      #118450 - 11/03/04 10:20 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

call them and ask about it. then get in touch with the states attorney's office about it. or call the cops. they'll help too. thats identity theft and a federal offense.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#118452 - 11/03/04 10:24 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I'm not trying to be a smart @$$ here....but any chance Hubby bought one and is hidding it somewhere?

If not... then report it to the police and then contact the people who sent you the title and ask them to please advise you on the next step. Maybe they can provide the dealer info so you can report to them?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Holly Crap!!!!! new
      #118453 - 11/03/04 10:24 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

First of all call everybody you have an open account with and change everthing!!!! Make sure you call your bank so who ever can't get at you money in the bank!!! Then Call the place the bike was bought at. It should be on the title!! Tell them what happened!! Then find out what bank the loan is through and get ahold of them!!! You may even want to call the cops and report it!! That way you have proof that your identy has been stolen!!! This is all I can think of. JEEZZ O PETES!!! I am so sorry this is happing to you Rachel!! I hope everthing works out!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#118455 - 11/03/04 10:26 AM
Sunshyne

Reged: 10/26/04
Loc: San Antonio

haha, I was just IM'ing with her and asked her the same thing... did hubby try to surprise you?? I hope that is it! Identity theft is nothing to be idle about!! Good Luck Rach!

Re: You NEED to report it, immediately!!! new
      #118457 - 11/03/04 10:27 AM
stevensa

Reged: 09/12/04
Loc: Texas

Yes, you should report it to the police ASAP. You also should report it to the three credit agencies (Equifax, TransUnion, &
Experian). It's a pain to deal with, but if you nip it in the bud you can save yourself extra grief.

Re: You NEED to report it, immediately!!! new
      #118470 - 11/03/04 10:38 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yikes!!! I don't really have any advice to add. I had my credit cards stolen about 2 years ago. A women came into my office and stole them from my purse. The credit card company called me and said they wanted to verify some charges that were made. I told them I hadn't made any charges because I was at work! It was a big mess. They ended up charging about $5,000. It took a while to get it removed from my record and I never had to pay any of it but it was a very stressful thing to deal with! Good luck!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

stevensa said exactly what I was going to say! do it quick! -nt- new
      #118473 - 11/03/04 10:42 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

~nelly~

Oh good grief!! new
      #118474 - 11/03/04 10:43 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Just echoing what everyone else has said... call the police first, then start calling everyone else... credit cards, banks, etc. Holy smoke. That seriously stinks!! *hugs*

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 397 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5962

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review