All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Re: Election Day has come and gone.... new
      #118465 - 11/03/04 10:36 AM
Sunshyne

Reged: 10/26/04
Loc: San Antonio

I'm starting to calm down... and I must say, that I am sincerely scared for the nation, and the rest of the world. I don't blame Bush for 9/11, but I do blame him for what happened since then. And I blame him for the things that are happening inside the military. And I don't support his beliefs.... I don't like that he is trying to get "religion"(read as CHRISTIANITY) back into places where it doesn't belong. I don't agree with his "plan" to fix those who are jobless... I come from WA state, a logger place, and the industry got put down because... well, spotted owls! I marched against that when I was only 10 yeasr old!! Was on the news... what they did to "fix" the loggers who lost their jobs was send them to community college (what Bush wants to do) They ended up with little better than high school quality education and working either at McD's, Wal Mart or going on Welfare... which brings me to the fact that I cannot tolerate Bush's views on welfare, women's RIGHTS (that's right, I said it... women should be able to choose!) I am *personally* against abortion, but I would never presume to tell someone else what to do! That is a Christian based thing, and I am not a Christian... ohhh... okay, guess I'm not cooled off... sorry, I'm against Bush on so many levels, that I actually cried this morning ....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: AMIE!!!!! new
      #118472 - 11/03/04 10:40 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

that too, but this hurts because my MIL loses her insurance off her longtime other half. Steve and MIL haven't legalized a marriage because he doesnt' want to take over the father role for her kids.. but she has been on his insureance since her medical retirement..

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

I noticed this Panda... new
      #118482 - 11/03/04 10:50 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

'Manda (as I used to call my best freind Amanda from high school) - You are close to ground zero and I can now see the capitol building outside of my office window - I too, am glad that the country is safer today than it was on September 10, 2001! Election day 2004 - not a bad day!

I served as a poll watcher yesterday, and after what I saw new
      #118490 - 11/03/04 10:57 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I AM ELATED AT TODAY'S NEWS!!!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: I noticed this Panda... new
      #118492 - 11/03/04 11:01 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I agree that those of us who were close to an attack on 9/11 have strong opinions on national security. I was still a junior in college (Bucknell in PA) on 9/11/2001, but my brother ran for his life that day and thankfully was okay. He worked in the world financial building, adjacent to the WTC. My other brother and my sister in law were also in NYC that day. I thank God every day that they are all okay, and I am SERIOUS about making sure it never happens again. That's why I couldn't vote for someone who as a senator voted to cut military spending.
Panda
--PS, I read your profile. You have my best friend's dream job. Also I'm just curious how the climate was in your office today -- I find the Human Rights field to be somewhat dominated by the Left. Would you agree? Were you odd-man-out?

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: I served as a poll watcher yesterday, and after what I saw new
      #118493 - 11/03/04 11:01 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

'Atta girl!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#118494 - 11/03/04 11:03 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I'm surprised that New York voted for Kerry. Why do you think that was. You'd think more New Yorkers would have AmandaPanda's views.

I'm just curious...

--------------------
~jules

#118497 - 11/03/04 11:08 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I've just finished reading this thread, and I am so glad to be a part of a chat board that can express different opinions civilly!! Yesterday was eye opening as a watcher! I think it is sad that such a role is necessary, but it IS!! I was there on my feet 14 hours, giving up a personal day of work for NO PAY, and would gladly do it again! Ours is a small community and our state carried Bush easily by a large margin, but it was because of a lot of hard work and sacrifice!

We live in a GREAT country ladies!! As long as we are involved, learning, voting based on our beliefs and educatin ourselves on issues...that's what it's all about no matter what side of the isle you vote on! BRAVO to all of us!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Election Day has come and gone.... new
      #118499 - 11/03/04 11:08 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

At least it is only a 4 year term. In other countries it is sometimes much more.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#118503 - 11/03/04 11:11 AM
Sunshyne

Reged: 10/26/04
Loc: San Antonio

YES!!! I agree with you completely, bama!!!

go us!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3408 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 55623

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review