All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Re: I was, and still am, VERY unhappy... new
      #118418 - 11/03/04 09:24 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Well Cara, I guess you and I can still talk to each other, and a couple others on this thread!

I haven't agreed 100% with everything Bush has done as president, but I was happy to vote for him yesterday, and happy to see that he won. I am astounded that he won by 3.5 million popular votes though. That's a huge margain. Everyone thought it was going to be so close!
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

ROTFL!! new
      #118420 - 11/03/04 09:25 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I figured you were just mad!!!LOL I had to laugh though I don't think I have ever seen that side of you before!!!LOL
I am going to start calling you tiger!!!!!!LOL

--------------------
Heather7476

Ok, now I'm really cracking up! new
      #118427 - 11/03/04 09:39 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Tiger? Haha. Wanna hear something kooky? My maiden name was Lyons. Rawwwwr!!

Yeah, I was just really hot this morning. Like I said in my first post, I hadn't watched ANY of the election coverage... I wasn't even online last night, other than here... I chose to be totally and completely surprised by the results this morning. And I guess I was. Oh well!

Moving to Canada... new
      #118430 - 11/03/04 09:45 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,
I think it's funny that some of you said you wanted to up and move to Canada, 'cause I know a lot (A LOT) of people in Canada who were _really_ hoping the vote would go the other way. And then I know everyone I have spoken to, except my boyfriend's mum, in England wanted Kerry to win as well. My boyfriend's mum wanted Bush because, "I like his face better than that other one"... oy!
I think just out of curiosity it would be cool if all the countries 'allied' with the US were polled to see who they _would_ have voted for, if other Nations had a say.. not that I think they should actually get that say, just for curiosity. It seems that most places are very Anti-Bush right now. I have a lot of trouble in the UK sometimes because people think I'm American and are quite hostile towards me, it's ridiculous.
I watched that "Farenheight (sp) 9/11" film and thought it was too one sided to take completely to heart BUT if the allegations made in the film are 100% true, then I do feel scared for your country.. and the world over, really. Let's hope not, and that the next 4 years go by without any major disasters!
Good luck!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

panda.. cara.. stephs... new
      #118432 - 11/03/04 09:47 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

thats funny that all us youngins.. ie me, you, cara, and steph are probush.. the media trys its damndest to convince young people to vote democrat. have you watched mtv.. nbc.. or listened to pdiddy.. I thought lots of young people would go the other way cause pdiddy and ben affleck told them to.

--------------------

Re: Moving to Canada... new
      #118434 - 11/03/04 09:51 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

I think it's naive to think that bad things will happen to the US just because Bush is in office. Let's not forget that during the 8 years of Clinton's presidency the world trade center was attacked for the first time (he treated the offendors as criminals instead of terrorists), as was the USS Cole, and the US Embassy in the Sudan. 9/11 was being planned long before Bush was in office. Oddly enough, I seem to think that freezing all the terrorist's money and taking out governments that support terrorism has made the US safer, but that's just one girl's opinion.

--------------------
Amanda

#118436 - 11/03/04 10:00 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Well, let's just hope that no matter WHO is in charge that the next several years go by without anything disasterous happening - and I didn't actually mean JUST surrounding any terrorist activity.

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: panda.. cara.. stephs... new
      #118437 - 11/03/04 10:03 AM

Unregistered

I was surprised by how the numbers of young voters didn't really change after all the hoopla that celebrities like pdiddy and MTV made. I was sure that the young vote was really going to throw it over to Kerry, especially after seeing the overwhelming support of people of my campus for him. Being Pro-Bush doesn't quite go over so well here, but it didn't stop me from wearing my shirts and buttons!

#118438 - 11/03/04 10:04 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am not going to go into this to much because i have very strong feelings on this issue,but I just wanted to say that by no means do I blame bush for 9/11!!! Just like I don't blame clinton for the USS Cole or the emmbassy bombings!!!
I just truly do not agree with most of he views and policy's. That is all I am going to say!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#118439 - 11/03/04 10:06 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Quote:

I am not going to go into this to much because i have very strong feelings on this issue,but I just wanted to say that by no means do I blame bush for 9/11!!! Just like I don't blame clinton for the USS Cole or the emmbassy bombings!!!
I just truly do not agree with most of he views and policy's. That is all I am going to say!!!!

Then that's a really reasonable, responsible rationale for voting for or against someone. Everyone is entitled to her own opinion, and I'm glad yours is based on your actual opinions of Bush's policies, not on something irrelevant. I made my choice based on the same things -- I just happen to agree with most of what Bush stands for.

--------------------
Amanda

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2083 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 55263

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review