All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Re: I hate to offend anyone, but I have to stand up for what I believe in. new
      #118886 - 11/04/04 08:28 AM
Sunshyne

Reged: 10/26/04
Loc: San Antonio

Melitami....

It just seems backasswards, supposed to be free, free to do what we feel is right, putting *Christianity* (I say this because I am NOT talking about religion) back into things is moving backwards.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#118888 - 11/04/04 08:36 AM
BuggeeBoo

Reged: 11/04/04

Hi. You certainly did not offend me. I am a lifetime Democrat. For the first time in my life I voted Republican (only for President). Not only did I vote for Pres. Bush because of his stand on moral issues but also because I felt that he was the best candidate to help keep our country safe and free from terrorism. I believe that the safety of our country is important. Kerry frightened me. He seems to think that everything should be "peaches and cream" with all countries around the world. I am sure all of us live that dream but reality is what it is all about. We (the U.S.) have financed so many countries and our own country is hurting (homelessness, poverty, value systems being fragmented, crime, etc.). To tell you the truth, the war in Iraq should not have been the topic of this election. The issues should have been about making a better life for the lower middle income of this country. However, neither Bush or Kerry mentioned this. Their statements were all about "middle class". I grew up poor and with the grace of God, I am upper middle class. But every day I think of my struggles and try to reach out to those who struggle daily to survive in this country. Thanks for listening.

Re: Sunshyne - I absolutely agree to n.t. new
      #118909 - 11/04/04 09:32 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

--------------------
Heather7476

YEP YEP YEP YEP!!!!! new
      #118913 - 11/04/04 09:39 AM
heather7476

I agree with ya sister!! Freedom in this country should be for everyone not just those who fit a certain image!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

I'm A Canadian But..... new
      #118914 - 11/04/04 09:39 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I was very disappointed with how the election turned out. I was hoping Kerry would win. I must say that I am very scared for everyone right now because of the results of this election.

Even though I am in Canada....I feel it will still have an impact on my country. I think most Canadians are disappointed with the way this all turned out....

There have already been a bunch of reports in the papers and on the news of Americans trying to cross the border to escape their own country.....

I am praying for everyone.

#118915 - 11/04/04 09:41 AM
Kimm

i agree....i feel the seperation of church and state is a really important issue....one that bush doesn't quite comprehend.

#118918 - 11/04/04 09:43 AM
Kimm

well here in Canada gay marriages are legal anyway

Re: My opinion (of course). new
      #118922 - 11/04/04 09:59 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Daliatree, I have to agree with you!! When 2 consenting adults want to share the rest of their lives together, who are we to stop them? They (gays) should be allowed to have the same benefits hetrosexuals do. They shouldn't be denied health insurance and tax breaks like other couples get. In MY opinion, if someone is truley gay, they were made that way. I believe in nature over nurture. Sure, some people are bi-curious and thats a bit different, but to be truley gay isn't a choice. We are talking about consenting adults here, where is the freedom in telling us who we can and can't be married to? If the goverment continues to inflict its views on our personal lives, where will it stop?? Will they outlaw interracial marriages next?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#118925 - 11/04/04 10:05 AM
heather7476

Quote:

One Nation Under God - that should not be separated in my opinion.
Please don't be upset, I am not pushing beliefs on you, but I'm not going to keep quiet about my faith because I want to help people. Yes one nation under GOD but not everyone's God is the same! Plus there is also a saying LAND OF THE FREE!!! If someone told you you couldn't marry the person you loved and raise a famliy with that person because it goes against their belifes How Free Would You Feel???? Once again this is just my thoughts!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#118928 - 11/04/04 10:08 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

The saying is - GOD BLESS AMERICA, LAND OF THE FREE.
I agree with you that not everyone's God is the same - I am very open-minded to other religions, believe me!
No one would tell me I can't marry the person I love, because I married under the rules of the marriage law.

--------------------
~Cara~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3031 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 55622

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review