All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Re: For the people in NY new
      #118527 - 11/03/04 11:38 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Fox news just mentioned the possibility of Guliani being offered a cabinet position, but wouldn't comment on which one. We'll see.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#118529 - 11/03/04 11:41 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Amanda, keep throwing your 2 cents in. I'm loving it. If you were single I would just propose right now!!

--------------------

well that's what's funny... new
      #118532 - 11/03/04 11:43 AM

Unregistered

...on the radio where I heard all of this this morning, they were saying that it would be the two of them against Hilary Clinton. It's probably all pretty hypothetical, but I just think that would make for a very interesting election. I can just see all the strategy that would go into all of it: picking a female VP to counteract Hilary, but then the fact that she's black would gain other support. Politics is so fascinating. I too would be sad though to see Cheney step down. He is so so intelligent and I have even more respect for him after hearing him in the debates and getting to know what he is about even more.

Re: Amanda new
      #118533 - 11/03/04 11:43 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Honestly, my heart goes out to you. All of my single friends always complain about how hard it is to meet someone worthwhile in the city. My bf lives in London so I am out with "just the girls" all the time, and we always talk to guys, and I have NEVER met anyone I'd want to talk to for more than 10 minutes. The subject of my boyfriend usually comes up (especially if the guy is annoying) but eve when I don't bring him up, and the guy I'm talking to thinks I'm single, there is never any chemistry, ever. It's slim pickin's out there. The only thing I can say is I hope you're not trying to meet your dream girl in a bar. I don't know any happy relationships that started out that way! (I met my bf when I was 14, at summer camp. He's my older brother's best friend. Complicated and pretty sticky at first, but that's the way to meet real people -- through friends, family, and common interests!)
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

Re: well that's what's funny... new
      #118534 - 11/03/04 11:45 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

I thought Cheney was amazing in the debate. His depth of knowlege is incredible. It was like watching a college professor, or an author, yet he avoided coming off pompous and uber-intelligent like Kerry did in the presidential debates.

--------------------
Amanda

Re: Amanda new
      #118545 - 11/03/04 11:55 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Its ok Amanda. I'll be fine. I am not trying to find Ms. Right at the pub anyway. I am 28, that is still young. See my thing is if I meet someone at a bar and she has a BF I will probably keep talking to her. That doesnt dissuade me too much because I like meeting new people and making new friends. My buddies think I am crazy but hey, they don't run my life.

We'll see what the future holds for me!

--------------------

Hmm..interesting --we will see! nt new
      #118546 - 11/03/04 11:57 AM

Unregistered

Re: I noticed this Panda... new
      #118549 - 11/03/04 12:03 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

On the human rights crowd - it's a really mixed bag. You end up working with people from accross the spectrum, which is part of what makes the job interesting. I've worked with Members of Congress who are as liberal as Nancy Pellosi from San Francisco and as conservative as former Senator Jesse Helms from North Carolina! They all just happen to agree that the US has failed to commit addequate resources to advancement of human rights in China!!! So some of us are happy today and others are disappointed - we know our agenda remains that same either way though.

This thread has been really interesting - and like everyone else I'm glad to see us talking about our personal views with such a degree of civility! Democracy works - don't you agree!

Min

#118550 - 11/03/04 12:03 PM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

I think that would be great if Rudy Giuliani ran. I would definalty vote for him! He really helped clean up NY!

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Re: panda.. cara.. stephs... new
      #118555 - 11/03/04 12:14 PM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

I agree with Tommy. Good for you Ashley!

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 482 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 55615

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review